PODS — beware of weight limit
Beware of the new interstate agreement form they ask you to approve.
It has recently been changed to specify a maximum weight in ANY of the container sizes you rent.
Here is the revised text:
the maximum weight of Tenant’s property shall not exceed 4, 400 pounds contained in either the
Lessor’s sixteen-foot (16’) Container(s), twelve-foot (12’) Container(s) or seven-foot (7') Container(s
I'm told a good estimate for weight is 7 lbs per cubic foot. That works out to just under 630 cubic feet of cargo.
Note that the cubic feet in a 16' container is over 16, 300 cubic feet. Lots of space, not much weight capability.
More PODS Complaints & Reviews
- PODS - total scam with tons of hidden charges! 
- PODS - mistakes cost customers 
- PODS - www.pods.com - beware of these people. they are awful! 
- PODS - misleading fees
- PODS - property damage 
- PODS - driveway damage
- [Resolved] PODS - lack of communication, responsiveness
- PODS Enterprises - moving
- PODS Enterprises - storage and moving cost and customer service
- PODS - did not offer compensation for our inconvenience