PNC Bank / poor / no service

1 Palm Bay, FL, United States Review updated:

On 2/19/10 redeemed a cd for $40, 000.00 at local Palm Bay branch. It was an IRA CD and since the IRS does not let you accept the money for a 60 day turn-around more than once in a 12 month period, I asked that it be transfered to my TD-Ameritrade brokerage account. Marita, the sales consultant said she could not do that. I then spoke with Carid Smith the Manager and he printed out the forms from TD-Ameritrade and said the money would be transfered within 3 days. Note: (Space coast credit union redeemed another CD for me the same day and took care of it).

On 2/19/10 The money had not been transfered and I went to Craig Smith to find out why. He called the IRA department and was told that they did not have a signed form from the brokerage and had not sent it as a result. No explanation was give to Mr Smith or myself as to why no one notified either of as about this situation. He called Ameritrade and they faxed the form requested.

On 2/15/10 the money still had not been transfered. Mr Smith was unavailable so I called the IRA dept and spoke with Dawnna who was very rude and said she would send the money within 2 days. So I will have to wait!!!

30 days is a long time to not have my money, It the roles were reversed there would be numerous penalties and fees from the bank.

Comments

• Ba
      11th of Sep, 2011

pnc and their arrogance is rather legendary it seems. Went in with a check as a non accountholder drawn on pnc bank and presented my state drivers license which normally gets you onto an airline flight or will buy you a gun at a gun store only to be informed that they require two forms of id such as a credit card, which i dont have or a us passport and when asked why the stated the patriot act as thier reason. When asked then why i can get on a plane wtih my valid id and not cash thier account holders check with the same id they exhibtied really cocky attitude and i stated well when was the last time a pnc branch flew into the pentagon?

After a heated dispute and about 12 police officers sicked on me they then refused to cas the check because my signature wasnt the same as on my valid photo id and for good reason as i have since had a stroke and other neuroligcal problems that make it hard for me to hold a pen let alone sign my name as i had prior to my injuries. Never knew that i had to sign a check exactly the way i signed my state drivers licence

what further exhibits their arrogance is that they fail to fully disclose the hoops until after you hand the transaction to thier inept arrogant and thug like staffers behind the teller counter. The fact that my signature didnt match was irrelevant since the photo of my valid id showwed who i was . Next time i may tell them i am unable to write and have to sign it with an x like those who are iliterate are permitted to do