PMTS International Inc./Modeling Classes / free modeling classes

1 135 W. 29Th. St Suite 1205, NY, NYNew City City, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: (212) 594-1043/44

PMTS shows a late night commercial (every 6 months) offering free modeling classes . I left the mesage, they call me back 3 months later, they wash ed my brain saying that PMTS was going to make my son famous after they interview my child. they said my son had talent to acting, modeling and dancind. They made me to sign a copy at something that they call a contract, this contract is the copy of the many copies is almost illegible, they say that is your contract and receive.(this contract is for $2025+ $75 registration)
the contract is very unfair(classes are one a week for 26 weeks ), because I wanted my son to be famous, I accepted the contract, they also brain wash my child telling he was going to be famous.
Like two months later they started to talk about a convention in some place in L.A at the end of the year, that event is for scout talents and talents(PMTS students and other modeling schols), the problem they request $ 10, 000 cash or bank checks.(I couldn't affor it )
They always refused given me a receive.
When I told them I couldn't pay $ 10, 000 they became indifferent with me and my son.
for any question: brianfuentes1@optonline.net

Comments

16th of Aug, 2009

It should be understood that PMTS auditions interested aspiring talent and models to participate in the world-renown International Modeling and Talent Association (IMTA) competitions held in Los Angeles and New York City twice a year (see a brochure about the IMTA attached). Once the talent and models pass the audition, PMTS then prepares them for the competitions for a particular cost. The IMTA competitions allow the clients to compete in different areas of modeling, dancing, and acting, judged by members of the entertainment industry such as talent and modeling agents and casting directors.

The client can decide only to take modeling, dancing and acting coaching, and is free not to participate in the IMTA, as is the case of this client. The client’s agreement to pay for the IMTA is separate from the coaching program, and does not in any way affect the coaching sessions agreed upon at the outset of the PMTS’s relationship with the client. The client, and his mother chose not to participate in the IMTA, and was never charged for any services related to preparation for and participation in the IMTA competitions

We hope this satisfies any concerns raised by Ms. Fuentes, and PMTS apologizes for any possible miscommunication Ms. Fuentes feels she may have experienced.

16th of Aug, 2009

He dicho Caso cerrado

• St
      27th of Oct, 2009

It's true Charlie lo que es un buen ladron, I was there for like two years. and what he does is manipulate people so he can live on their money, he don't teach no modeling or acting classes. Ese hombre duerme con la biblia en la mano y satanas en la ventana!!! Lo mas corrupto que e conocido Charlie Passarel que side llamarse!

23rd of Dec, 2009

La mayoría del tiempo el que no tiene nada que hacer o decir es el que mas dice. Y la envidia siempre mata, pero nosotros no nos preocupamos cuando la gente ignorante e inescrupulosa hace comentarios sin base debido a que nosotros hemos estado sirviendo a nuestra comunidad por mas de 25 anos y no somos un billete de $100 para caerle bien a todo el mundo. Pero por lo menos el 95% de nuestra clientela cree en nosotros y nos apoyan incondicionalmente y si en 25 anos hemos tenido 2 quejas estamos muy bien. Chequea otras instituciones que hacen cosas parecidas a lo que nosotros hacemos y tienen de 30 a 40 quejas. Y para tu información visitas nuestras paginas espectaculares de Internet para que te des cuenta de nuestros grandes logros y éxitos y estamos siempre a sus ordenes. Esperando que el ano 2010 sea prospero para usted y su familia.

www.youtube.com/pmtsintlpasarela
    www.myspace.com/pmts
    www.imta.com
    www.facebook.com

• Ju
      6th of Feb, 2011

I agree with the complaint I attended pmts in Jan of 2010 and Charlie is a scam artist he makes I sign a contract making u believe that's the tptal then throws things like oh we need to buy clothes and shoes non of which is included in the contract... u don't have a say in what you do or wear after u spent 12000 dollars... he's a manipulator and a liar... all he wants is ur money

• Mi
      19th of May, 2011

I use to work for Charlie. He is a manipulator and a lier. He takes your money if you let him. Parents do your research. I donated my time for a month an a half with Charlie/Pasarela. He said he would pay me after the month once I finished the probation. When he told me that I had to wear some black high heels that I have to buy from his merchandise that was the last draw for me. I couldn't wear my fabulous shoes, only those ugly shoes I had to purchase from him. I created his myspace account for Pasarela, added pictures to the site all for free. But God is good and a good deed is what I did. Parents don't put your children in Pasarela Modeling school. It is expensive and no quality. His teachers are not certified with no real training in the performing arts (That is a liability if you put your child there and he/she gets hurt). The studio is so small for all that money that he asks the parents for (GET A BIGGER PLACE). Anywhere I see Pasarela school or Charlie is NONONONONO. FAKE!!!

• Ev
      1st of Mar, 2014

I totally agree with you. I went there after seeing a commercial on TV. It was over 15 years ago. I was 15, 5' 2". They convinced us that they would polish you and you would participate at the IMTA. Well after taking classes every week by past students from pasarela, yes not even people with experience, and paying $60 every week, then you feel obligated to go to the IMTA for your big chance of getting discovered. This place is a small studio where the owner Carlos lives or lived. One time I got there early enough to find a white guy who I think was his boyfriend and had just woken up. Sleeping on the same sofa where our parents would sit to wait for us to finish our lesson. The make up artist if she can be called an artist, was an older lady who was selling Mary Kay products and for the makeup session they pushed you to buy her products. Once you were getting ready to go to the IMTA competition, you had to pay back then $5, 000 which included $500 for one outfit from a "designer" who lived in a small apartment in the Bronx. Also, $500 for a portfolio where the pictures were taken by some guy in Brooklyn who also my mom and found him still sleeping with his boyfriend. So unprofessional. Then the pictures were printed in regular printing paper. Not even professional. Once you get to this convention at the IMTA, your eyes really open up. The group I went with were shocked and very much surprised at how things really are there. After the convention he makes you sign a contract so if you get picked by any agent he was entitled to 10% of what you make for 5 years. Money he didn't deserve because they don't teach you anything there. He's just making money, lying and manipulating people. Once he gets all your money, he doesn't do anything for you. That academy has no connections to anything that would help you archive your goals. Parent watch for this guy.

• Ka
      14th of May, 2014

Yes people definitely a true scam artist. Run away and fast. This guy only wants your money. I attended for two years. I feel terrible my parents paid for me to go. Do your research. The supposed "teachers" had no experience. What can you learn from that? Please find a real school. Don't enroll your children here.