PmIdentity.com / Scam

In March, 2008, I signed up for a "free" credit report with the subject website. I assumed it would be a one time occurrence.

Since then I have received a charge on my Debit Card of $19.95 per month, the charge being made around mid-month. I was asked for membership number, etc. upon calling [protected].

After giving some personal info to an agent, he agreed to cancel my "membership" (of which I was never aware.)

Hope others get warned off this offer. It cost me roughly $60.00 before I caught the scam. Hope the agent took the action he promised, too.

Va

Comments

• Ty
      13th of Mar, 2009

March 4th 2009 I signed up for this services thinking I was getting credit history. Once I figured out it wasn't what I wanted I immediately cancel that same day. Five days later I noticed a withdrawal on my account for $1.00 dollar. Thinking nothing of it other then it being a sign up fee I did nothing. Today March 13th I noticed a withdrawal of $29.95 from this company.

I called and used there automated system to cancel the account. Just as I was about to hang up I noticed these Google searches regarding this company and decided to speak with a customer Rep who assured me that my membership has been canceled.

Despite cancelling the account the same day I signed up she assured that it was going to be canceled today and I will no longer be charged. with the way the economy is today $29.95 is a lot of money!.

• Cr
    PmIdentity.com - Unauthorized Charges on Creditcard
    PrivacyMatters.com
    California
    pmidentity.com

PMIDENTITY.COM - I GOT MY MONEY REFUNDED --- I didn't recognize a charge to my creditcard from PMIdentity.com, then found that I need to look at my statement more often, $19.95/month for four months. The creditcard company wouldn't allow a dispute, saying I must've subscribed to their service. They said I needed to contact the company. Long story short: call the company (888-840-6301) and keep pressing "0" until you get a live person. Tell the person you never signed up for the service and want a refund. That person will cancel the service, and will credit one month's fee. If you're like me, and need credit for more than one month, ask to speak to a supervisor, who will credit one additional month. At that point, I kept saying "there are four months, and I want to know how I got signed up." She eventually refunded all four months and told me that I clicked on a $10-Off coupon after completing a transaction with Intellus.com. I do remember that $10-Off deal, and I also remember not following through with the $10-Off deal because it involved signing up for a subscription, so... the charges to my card were unauthorized and in my opinion fraudulent. I hope this helps someone.

• Pr
      8th of Aug, 2016

We used the company for a search once and now they are taking money from our acccount at two times a month at 14.95 and we are not even going to their site and we have not authorized these charges. It's true, this company is stealing money and I intend to go to verisign with my complaint as well. Do NOT sure this service. It accomplished nothing but grief for us to give them our credit card. We are attempted to get a refund from our credit card company now. there is not phone number to call them on to cancel the service. HOW UNETHICAL. I can't beLIEVE we gave this company our credit card. don't make the same mistake

• Pr
      8th of Aug, 2016

We have just gotten some additional information that other consumers might benefit from having. Intellus passed on our credit card information to pmidentity also known as privacy matters. This is VERY unethical. Intellus should be held responsible for many of these deductions from complainants credit cards that have been unauthorizsed. Also reporting this company to verisign might be a good idea as they are listed. We just got two months taken off our charge by calling 888-840-6301 but they will not delete the other two months. see this url as well for more information http://www.pmidentitycom-program.com/888-840-6301_PMIdentity.Com.html good luck.

• Ru
      8th of Aug, 2016

I only ask for one time for $1.00 and you have cost me $40.00 and have 10 - $1.00 to be or try to be taken out of for my check account which want happen all you have done is cast me money dont do it again.

• Os
      8th of Aug, 2016

I`m really outset, because you guys charge me $ 29.95 for some stuff that I don`t use, and I call to cancel that ###, and you guys charge me again . So you guys charge me 3 months. I would like to have a refund if you can, but if you don`t , I would like to don`t charge me again for that stuff that I don`t need.

8th of Aug, 2016

I have never order any pmidentity and now my bank account has been overdraft and I am very upset I have no money and no job for you to try to take out any money. I only have money in that account for my bills and I have no credit cards or anything coming out of my bank. Now I have an overdraft of $89.09 due to someone making a big mistake please take care of this matter ASAP I do not know where you got this information but is was not me or my husband. I will fax you copies of this withdraw overdraft so please contact me ASAP.

Joyce Coliny

8th of Aug, 2016

I have not aurthorized any charges and request that you refund them as soon as possible. Joe M Smith

• Al
      8th of Aug, 2016

i too became a victim of pm idenity 4 months ago, despite them taking my money without my consent they had the aduacity to cost me at leat $300 dollars in overdraft fees . please people lets at least try to take back our bank accounts

• Ju
      8th of Aug, 2016

I have been charged $1.00 for services I did not authorize and I would appreciate it if you would refund my money asap.

Sincere Thanks
    Judy Harper.

• El
      8th of Aug, 2016

i don't know what or who thesse people are, but They've taken 29.99 off of my debit card and i want me money back also i didn't give anyone premittion to get anything off my card. i haven't gotten anything from these people so why should i pay for something i don't have? the next person i talk to about is going to be the better business bureau.

• Di
      8th of Aug, 2016

I called them and told them that I wanted them to stop this right now $29.95.Or i am going to turn this over to my attorney. And I want all of my money back by this friday may 2nd. or I am turning it over.
    Diane

• Th
      8th of Aug, 2016

This outfit is a scam! I hear it's from free credit report.com and people lookup.com activity, , , , even if you don't use it and cancel before you sign up they bill your debit card 6-12 months later at $19.95 per month and hope you don't notice it. There is supposedly some fine print in the people lookup data they use. I have them under investigation by the bank, the BBB, the FBI. Easiest way to stop them is to close your debit card and get a new one. If you call them they will take the charge back off and cancel the service.

8th of Aug, 2016

I DO NOT WANT YOU PEOPLE TO TAKE ANYMORE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT IF YOU PEOPLE DO I WILL FILE A LAW SUITE THIS WAS NOT AUTHORIZED AND I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE OF MY MONEY TAKEN OUT YOU HAVE MADE MY ACCOUNT OVER DRAWN OVER 200HUNDRED DOLLARS DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE OF MY MONEY OUT

8th of Aug, 2016

I also did not authorize the $29.95 plus $1.00 this company has billed to my debit account. I want my money returned and the account stopped. Are they also responsible for the monies being charged for DealMax, CreditDiagnosis and Pharmacy? Each of these are also being charged monthly. Who are they and what do they think they are doing?

8th of Aug, 2016

This happened with me as well. When it asks to give an account number just hit # and then you can speak with someone. Apparently they will charge you until you cancel your alleged "membership."

I think if you buy a report from Intellius, it automatically signs you up for this.

This is crap!

8th of Aug, 2016

I would like to file a report, I have been charge for 5 months or more for something I do not use. I would like to cancel whatever I may sign up for online because I could really used the $29.95 on something that I could really used. Please do not go back into my account.

• Vi
      8th of Aug, 2016

I woild like to register a complaint myself because I didn't authorize the company to take money out of my account either. So how do I cancel it or get my money back? Thank you.

• Ka
      8th of Aug, 2016

These people have been taking 29.95 out of my account for the past three months.I have called them an I can't get in touch with anyone by phone.I would like to file a complaint myself. Can someone help us PLEASE.

• Ju
      8th of Aug, 2016

I did not sign up for this! When I called the toll free number given to me I got some young girl telling me wrong number. Please take care of this I will not sit back and be charged for something I did not do. Julie Stack