pm bedroom gallery / product quality and service

1 330 West Roosevelt RoadLombard, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 630.705.9630

wish i had bothered to find reviews before i making a purchase.

i made a recent $4k plus purchase of several pieces. delivery was at about 6 weeks (i was told 4-6 weeks).
not counting all fit finish, the furniture is nice. lacking is attention to detail, i.e. knobs drilled and set uneven, broken door stays, etc.

i would hardly call this a quality outfit for several reasons.

#1. can't believe the delivery guys don't use furniture dollies. their backs will likely give them problems in the future based on what i witnessed as they carried heavy pieces of furniture in my home.
#2. the hutch i bought has two bifold doors. the knobs on one door are way off, by about 1/2 inch. no one would have trouble seeing this blatant absence of quality craftsmanship with the naked eye. also, one of the doors also has a broken stay.
#3. two level headed calls to their service guy who has yet to answer his phone, have gone unreturned. not one return phone call.

they've lost out on future sales here. i had considered buying another bedroom set from them. will not recommend them to anyone.

Ru

Comments

• Ca
      3rd of Mar, 2010

I found them to be very helpful. I am surprised that you ahd any issues.

• La
      6th of Sep, 2010

I bought on September 3, 2010 ( Friday) a +$4K bedroom set from PM Bedroom Gallery -Glendale WI. We decided to go for a PM Bedroom gallery set because we believe that it is an excellent quality product. We had a good experience when buying the items. On Labor day Monday – two days after we bought it- I called several times to reach my sales associate to cancel the order. We found another set that we liked a lot and it was considerable less expensive. After several calls I was able to talk to the sales person who said that she needed to talk to her manager – I think his name is Jeffrey- to get approval for the cancellation. I called later and talked to her manager, he said that because we had requested some changes on the nightstands, it was a special order, and we could not cancel it. I said that we were never told that when buying the items, and he said "that is the way it is, I have more customers in the store and have to hang up" and he hanged up on me. I was just demanding an explanation, did not raise my voice or said anything improper. It is outrageous!!! I am planning in going to the store tomorrow to talk to the store manager. Now, it is not a matter or canceling the order or not, it is about customer service levels and customer respect. I will never buy anything from them again and will advice:

1. READ THE SMALL PRINT, THEY WILL NOT LET YOU CANCEL YOUR ORDER – EVEN TWO DAYS AFTER ORDERED ON A FRIDAY.
    2. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE WHILE BUYING BUT AFTER THAT YOU ARE TREATED LACK OF RESPECT AND ZERO CUSTOMER APPRECIATION.

• Pr
      11th of Jan, 2013

we have a similar experience . Once you buy their furniture their attitude totally changes ... the customer service guy is very irresponsible, unprofessional and lacks courtesy by every means . He never answers the phone and never returns your call even though we leave a voice message