Plummers Furniture / Defective material

1 12240 Sherman WayNorth Hollywood, CA, United States Review updated:

The leather on the sofa we purchased began splitting and shredding within a few months of delivery. We complained to the store and they told us to purchase a leather conditioner and all would be fine. But it only got worse. We again complained to Plummers and they told us we would need to contact the manufacturer, Actona Co. I emailed my complaint to Actona and they replied that Plummers was not a customer of theirs and I should go back to the retailer. This process has been going for many months and the sofa is now in a horrible state and totally unusable.

Va

Comments

28th of Aug, 2008

I always check my warrenty information when making a large purchase. If their sofa is under a warrenty and the warrenty covers this type of issue it shouldn't be a problem. If the warrenty has expired or never covered this type of complaint in the first place, how is this the retailers problem?? Can I go to a tire store and complain that my tires wore out after 50, 000 miles?
    Good Luck

• Fr
      24th of Jun, 2011

I called the Plummers store in Murrietta and was treated rudely by the man answering the phone. I asked for a supervisor was put on hols then switched to a co-worker who failed to tell me she was not a supervisor, then got rude and told me to contact the home office, when I when on the website there is no email listed. Great store if you like being treated rudely and misinformed.