PlumberSurplus.com/Tools / Horrible Customer Service

1 5871 Rebublic Street, Riverside, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 951-588-0385

Purchased a $138.00 tool for a Christmas gift on-line in November. Found out on Christmas the I had bought the wrong tool. The following day I contacted the company on-line to find how to return the item and exchange it for the correct one. Company issued me an RMA number and I returned it via insured USPS the same day. I had also placed another order for the correct tool so it was an exchange. 2 days later I received an e-mail telling me they would not except the return and denied the RMA because it was purchased over 30 days ago. It was already in the mail. I again attempted to contact the company via phone and was on hold for over 30 minutes. The do not have an 800 number. I contacted customer service via web chat on their web site. The first person I chatted with was uncooperative and rude so I requested the manager. She was just as rude but finally agreed to refund the purchase price less shipping. They had recieved the return and refused to accept it and I got it back 2 weeks later. I again had to pay to have it shipped back. By this time I've paid over $50 in shipping because it was a fairly heavy item. I finally got a refund in the mail of $103.00 rather than the original $138 "due to the date of the order". I do have a copy of the online chat saying they will refund the purchase price and will attempt to have the rest of the amount refunded. I have never dealt with a company with such horrible, unprofessional, lying customer service people and will make sure every one I know never uses this company in the future.

La

Comments

13th of Mar, 2009

I too have had a problem with their customer service. I purchased gate hardware online and asked prior to placing the order, through their online chat, how long it would take to receive it. The order was placed on a Monday and I was going to be moving on that Sat. and wanted to be sure I had it sent to the correct address. I needed the hardware ASAP as someone was going to fix the gate as soon as I moved in. I was told it would take a week for them to receive it from the manufacturer, and then ship time from their So. Cal. warehouse to me (which is about 2 days). So I gave them my new address as I would be moved in plenty before that. Apparently they got it sooner then a week and shipped it out to me, although I recieved no notification that it came in or that it shipped. When it arrived at my new address before I had moved in UPS sent it back to them and they sent it back to the manufacturer. Again, no one notified me of this. I had to track it down myself when the following Friday I still had not received it. I was told the only way I could get it was to place another order, although I had already paid for the first and they had not refunded me. They issued an RMA however I will not recieved the $15 I paid for shipping back. Both times I talked to their customer service through the online chat they were short with me and offered very little help, they were not professional at all. I'm taking my business elsewhere, so should you.