[Resolved] PLDT / no dial tone/intermittent internet connection

davao city, Davao City, Philippines
Phone: 639165356260

Last may 22, 2016, I applied for sulitplan500 promo here in sir, davao city. On may 25, 2016, the internet connection was installed and the connection speed marked 2.0 mbps (Speedtest) according to the technical team. When the technical men left my place, I dialed 171 to know further about my account and a lady customer service representative answered me. Unfortunately, when she asked me about my phone number and gave the details to her, she replied that the phone number does not belong to me and that is belonged to someone else. I told her that the phone number was given to me by their technical team and this number was also written in the empty modem box. I was instructed by them to follow the numbers written in the box, should I have any problems with the internet in the future. These numbers are the 171, 172, 173 including the telephone number. The lady then informed me that perhaps the account may be just temporary.

On the following day, at around 7am, I noticed that our phone has no dial tone and it went back at around 11:30am. I also noticed that I could not connect to the internet within those hours. I called up 171 and a customer service agent told me that they were having some adjustments between those hours, and so, I tried to understand them.

On the third day, I noticed that the problem again persisted. The dial tone was dead at around 7:00 am and it returned around 12:30nn, and then, it was dead again after 30 minutes. I tried to contact the helplines for 30 minutes, but, nobody has answered my calls and all I heard was the garbled sound of an automated voice machine. I tried to check the lines if there were loose cables and rj45/rj11 connection problems. So far, none were seen. Only that the grounding was not set in the installation, since, it was decided by the technical team that it's no longer necessary (Although, I suggested that it should be installed, since, it's part of the sop).

Until now, the problem exists and I hope that pldt should do in their power to fix the problem immediately.

My number is [protected] under the account name of ronald floralde. Thank you.

• Resolution statement

Resolved, as it is hereby, resolved. A technician came and confirmed my belief that there was something wrong in the connection. When the technician checked the line, he said that the signal did not push through. I asked him why? He said that the former technical team who installed the line may not have checked properly the cabling connected to the post. This is such an incompetence I presumed on the part of the team because they did not follow the SOP. Insofar, with the present connection, I'm a bit happy, since, the phone dial tone came back and the internet speed spiked up at 1.3 Mbps using speedtest. Although, it goes down at times, but, at least, it is not the same like before. I say that this is still far from over yet. However, I remain hopeful that their services will somehow get improve soon.

Re