Plaza Marketing Group / They mislead you into thinking they are an employer

I found a job posting on an online job site. It indicated it was a customer service representative job with minimum pay of $20 per hour. I saw dollar signs and applied immediately!

Plaza Marketing Group mentioned there would be a one time enrollment cost of $14.95. The enrollment cost covers their expense in getting you started, setting up your account and entering you into their computer system.

In the past I had worked for a reputable work at home employer. They ask that you cover your own expense for the background check. I assumed that this was something similar or along those lines.

The enrollment page consists of basic info, job history/experience and various detailed computer and customer service related questions.

Throughout the entire website you are led to believe that this business is in the process of hiring CSR's. It is not until you receive an email after completing the "enrollment procedure" that it's a whole different story.

The email contained numerous links for various job positions with "other companies". In other words you are left to apply for a job with another company that doesn't even know you exist.

Upon looking at the PMG website closer there is no contact phone number, email address or physical address. All the typical signs of a scam. So here we go again people. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Va

Comments

• Ke
      7th of Aug, 2008

Im glad I checked this out before doing anything. once i went to their site and saw pay this..i knew it was a scam. years ago I did something like this and I paid for it. never again! well good luck and thanks for the info

• Ta
      8th of Aug, 2008

Plaza Marketing Group is not a scam. Did you read the terms and conditions? Maybe not! Plaza Marketing Group never said that they hire anyone. Did you read thier about us page. Again, maybe not. They help find employment and do charge a small fee for there service. This company helped me get into a position that I am able to do from home. So, yes I will stand up for this company because I knew what I was getting into. The problem is that most people want to live this so call of a dream that I can work at home and make money and not have to do any work. If you took the time to even read the terms and conditions you will know what you where getting into. So don't post false information about a company that are there to help others just because you fail to read!!!

• Be
      16th of Aug, 2008

Tammy, I don't know what to call it! There entire pitch is misleading I know that. I applied thinking that they were there to help disabled veterans find a job from home. I am a disabled veteran and I feel like they took my money! Their add said that THEY were looking for CSR reps. They didn't mention anything about the fact that THEY would not be the hiring entity. I found the add on a Work in Texas site, that took me to their (Plaza Marketing) site, then they asked for the 14.95. The questions that they ask you as a part of the hiring process an easily be found on the web, and just like Kennedy said, they send you a copy and pasted link of other compnaies that are posted on other reputable sites web pages. These reputable sites do not charge for their list. I am just saddened by this entire thing because I told several other disabled veterans about this site. Disabled veterans who trust my opinion, and I feel like I have let them down, all because I was stupid enough to fall for this. This company will never know the bind they have put me in all over $14.95! Tammy I'm sure you found a job, after you filled out applications over and over again, then waited months before you were called. Some disabled people feel taken advantaged of when companies don't turn out to be what they though. We are disabled and fighting our Country for owed benefits, the last thing we need to do is fight an entity, that is on the web, with no phone number, or address to contact them when they are discovered to be a scam. Like I said, it was my mistake for being stupid enough to believe that a company would help disabled veterans find a job working from their homes.

• St
      18th of Aug, 2008

DO NOT APPLY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!
    I work for the State of Texas (Texas Workforce Commission). This company was repeatedly removed form the Workintexas.com site due to 1) they charge a fee, and 2) they can not post a job unless it is with THEIR company. Over the years they have also changed names. The State changed the way that jobs can be posted on our site because of "businesses" like this one. Now companies can not open an account unless they have the companies TWC tax ID, or federal ID. This stopped Plaza Marketing Group from posting...for a while. Now this company "steals" tax id's from legit companies and posts their jobs. They usually do this over the weekend thinking that we are not watching, but some of work from home over the weekends and remove them as soon as we see the scam pop up, but some people do apply before we can pull it down.

• Pa
      20th of Aug, 2008

Thank you so much, I was going to check this out. Thank you all for your help. Money is hard to come by. I have been scam also by the data process on line.

Thank to the State of Texas comment, that did help a lot.
    I am very sorry, to everyone, because I am trying tto find a home job also, but, who can you beleve of trust..

• Je
      26th of Aug, 2008

I almost sent them money. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. They are advertising on an Alliance Gateway website (https://wit.twc.state.tx.us/WORKINTEXAS/wtx?pageid=EM_JP_JOB_DETAILS&id=6078405&frompage=JV_POSTING_BROWSE_RESULTS&ctx=XmEDTJCqnkQHXObIWHKH&referralPage=twc.em.employer.page.jobposting.search.BrowsePgOpr).
    I am so glad I researched this first!

30th of Aug, 2008

I have applied for there services, and they have helped me find a position that I could do from home. Not everyone is going to be happy! No matter where you
    work or even go shopping there is always going to be someone who is not happy with something. But has far as I can say, they did help me, and I have been
    working from home for two weeks, making good money! I am not making thousands, but I am making enough to live on and support my family.
    So I have to support Plaza Marketing Group because they did help me! Good Luck

• Ay
      25th of Sep, 2008

I am happy I looked this up b/c I was so close to wasting my money. I will just stick with the job I have!! Mannnnn...people have no life, they are always trying to scam innocent people. Sad!! Thank you for leaving comments, it really helps people know what they were about to get into.

5th of Oct, 2008

I'm not sure how people can think this is a legit company if they have to constantly "steal" employers ID's and post Plaza Marketing Group jobs in other employer accounts. This company is a flat out scam. STAY AWAY! Any positive comments are most likley their employess postng to make them sound legit.

23rd of Oct, 2008

i apply to plaza marketing group thinking that i will be working from home i paid $14.95 for the package about two weeks ago i have not receive any package yet i paid thru pay pay am hoping that i can tk to tthem to get my funds back plaza marking group is a big time fruad please do every thing you can to expose them they are praying people weakness

• R3
      21st of Mar, 2009

hi i'm from indonesia, thank you for your information about this fake or cheat company (PMG). i almost send them money but once again thanks for your information...nowdays we need money by working, not buying a job to get money. can you inform me the list of trusted home job company ? email me please at justluck76@gmail.com

3rd of Apr, 2009

I recently found this company Plaza Marketing Group based our of San Antonio, TX through one of my job search engines Voice Applied. the company indicated that they were looking for Customer Service Representatives to work at home as Independent Agents posting job on various website basicaly posting information regarding the very job I would be doing they indicated that the pay would be $12.00 and hour to $24.00 an hour once responses were received then I was to forward to another email addres for further contact for membership. The job specifically expressed working at hour earning hourly pay no commuting which I was excited about then I found out after working 4-6 hours a day when it came close to time to get paid I contacted my contact person to verify hours worked so I would know what to expect for payment she then emailed back stating that only after Jason the response contact person get the names of the responders and they have joined the membership then I would get paid.

The only way this company counld be contact was via email no phone number was ever provided but they promised to respond with 24 hr which they never did. When I received the email indicated that the pay was not infact hourly pay but paid based on customer sign up I responded asking for further explaination after I sent several emails there was no response. I later realized that my signon ID no longer worked and after working minimum of 30 hours that week I did not receive any pay and no explanation. I only asked for a clarification of how the pay scale worked that perhaps I misunderstood the entire concept but no one bothered to contact me back to further explain. Now I notice the same advertisment and it says $13.00 to 15.00 per hour. I was really excited about this job I posting serveral job ads inquiry to other people now I feel that I participated in misleading a lot a people about this company. Please tell me you will investigate this. It is companies like this that makes it hard and takes advantage of people looking to prosper on the internet I know there are good companies out there with good intentions to help me ... I filed this complaint with the BBB I am so disappointed...they should be stopped.
    Nevertheless I never got paid after devoting 20 plus hours to posting ads...

3rd of Apr, 2009

It is not my intention to cruel but company policies like this is the very reason it is so hard to fiinnd legitimate home businesses and I for one would like to find a reputable company to work for, because I know myself to be a hard working committed individual and when a company is fair and hones about what their offering the decision made is in good faith but when a company only give you partial truths and say one thing but mean another its bad for business and they should not be able to continue to mislead people because if they scam one persoon you can only imagine how many other people joined their company only to find out later that they were misled I think what they are doing is taking advantage of the job market with so many people out of work it becomes a revolving door to see how many with join and stay and if 10 or misled to get only 2 they come out ahead it should not be like that any I learned my lesson never do business with a copy that only provides you a web site and no phone number or address.

3rd of Apr, 2009

I just want to know that this company is going to restricted from continuing to do business this way

• Br
      4th of Apr, 2009

I was dumb enough to pay $9.95 for my account to set up, only to be scammed again. Please anyone looking at anything for Plaza Marketing Group, just keep on looking this is not the answer. Just another SCAM!!!

• Br
      4th of Apr, 2009

iT IS TOTALLY TRUE!! iT IS JUST ANOTHER BIG RIPOFF SCAM,

• E
      14th of Apr, 2009

Scam me again... RIP me off again??????????? BABALOYN I've been emailing PMG over a month. They said they would reimburse me because I accidentally paid 2 times...
    I haven't gotten a response. Can't find site now??????????? I also answered some emails I recived they were scams... Bogus checks...
    After that I started getting 50 or more scam emails a day... I started checking where they came from without opening them address from uk, France, china. all over 1 was even a scam from some one who said they were from my high school, 1 from supposedly from Lazy Boy w/job offer & other job offers. After I signed up w/Chicago Recruiter, Mango Fizz, Job Planet & others I started to recive SCAM JOB's. Winner of $$$ fm" Coke, Windows, & more... Chicago Recruiter still hasn't answered me about being in on the SCAM's???????????
    The things they think of... Those DEMONDS!!! They'll get theirs!!! Be Careful out there... E *

20th of Apr, 2009

Yes, fraud off over it. My $12.95 down the drain. You can not even get into http://www.plazamgroup.com/agents.html.

I have been sending complaints to the "Complaints Board" for a beware.

Our, Lord, will deal with this on judgement day, whenever that may be.

Noise, such as, is a sad mess of our world today!

NOW, THEY HAVE MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND THE ILLEGED COMPANY DISAPPEARD. Lovely!

Personal information and such! Leg, work for survillance of my account should be fun.

God bless,

T

20th of Apr, 2009

Comment, in complete justification, and true to be, they are fraud, and have dissappeared.

I agree!