Plaza Auto Mall / Unacceptable business practices

A 2004 Acura TL (stock # 427598U) was advertised on cars.com and acura.com for $18,000, as on 5/7/07. On 5/7/07 I called the dealership and was asked if I wanted to make a $500 down payment, which I did. After three phone calls, it was disclosed that the price of the cars is $22,091. I was told that the internet price on both sites was incorrect. Through a series of email exchanges with Jaime O'neill, manager of the internet area at the dealership, I was basically given the take it or leave it decision. I was offered the return of my deposit if I did not want to purchase the car at the higher amount. I do want to purchase the car, but at the advertised price, and not the increased rate. I spoke with Jaime today (5/8/07) and he relayed to me that the pre-owned car manager would not take any less that $22,000 for the vehicle. The buck has shifted from the receptionist that took the deposit, to the internet area, then to the used car sales department. The problem here is that either a mistake occurred when listing the car, or this is the dealership's approach to enticing consumer to call and come in. Either way, I think the best resolution is for the dealership to honor the price of the car as advertised. I have asked on three occasions for contact information for the owner, and have not yet receive it. If this is acceptable business practices, then why can I not speak to John Rosatti, dealership owner. I do not believe he knows his business is being ran in such an unethical manor. I have several email communications where Plaza Auto Mall admits their mistake, but they do not want to accept the consequences.

More Plaza Auto Mall Complaints & Reviews

Comments

15th of Jun, 2007

Do not deal with Jaime O'Neill and that dealership! They lie!!!

• Pa
      1st of Jul, 2007

They are doing shady business there. I was contacted by law enforcement after leasing a vehicle from them.

• Ro
      26th of Jun, 2008

This is funny the same exact thing happened to me at this place, i bought a brand new used nissan altima almost 5 years ago for my 50 birthday, i raised so much hell in the place that I got the advertised price. i guess i was the one who stared this whole mess. i told them i would report them to the better business bureau so after almost 4 hours spent there they gave it to me for the same price advertiesd on the internet the only reason i saw your complaint is because i am thinking of trading in. I see some things never change so maybe i better go somewhere else where they are not trying to rip people off. SHAME ON YOU PLAZA AUTO MALL!!!

• Br
      19th of Jul, 2008

They are a bait and switch operations. I went there because of Upromise, AAA and Costo special programs and they switched the internet pricing. It was well over $1000.00 more that they quoted online. They called every other day, twice daily when we told them we preferred to be emailed. The eastern european sale person acted as though we should grateful he was there and what did we come for... it was an extremely negative experience. We headed to Bay Ridge Honda were there were no hassle, had, integrity and respect for our business. We bought the car at the special COSTCO price. I'ms o glad we left PLAZA AUTO MAL... it was so NOT WORTH THE TRIP!!! My gut told me they were not trust worthy and I was right! Don't waste your time and money there.

• Ji
      21st of Jul, 2008

We went there a year ago to get our front suspension fixed, because there was a acura recall on the mdx '01. They are shady people there. The service representative lacked in knowledge . The mechanic/manager had to explain to her what was wrong with our car, very limited knowledge. We were lured in by recall, spent a few hundred dollars for a dignosis, just to find out if was indeed the manufacture's defect. We got our far fixed, but found a nice clean cut hole in our left passenger door. I called our service representative; oh the sweet service representative was gone! She was gone! She was nice when we spent $900 fixing our car! She transfered me to the mechanic's cell phone?! He seemed to know what was going on, and what happened. He then transfered me the "manager"; though what I never understood was, how many manager were there? I spoke to about 3? I was ignored, my phone calls were avoided, people hung up on me, they were always in "meetings." I had to go through the DMV, BBB, Acura corporate to get some attention. There was no way we had a tool to make such a clean cut hole. It was clearly done in the body shop. They offered to fix it, and for some reason the dearlership was going through "changes in management." Run away from this place; save yourself the trouble. They are a complete mess.

• Mr
      18th of Feb, 2009

I accidentally found this site while surfing the Net and find these complaints interesting. I have been a customer of Plaza Automall for the past 12 years. I've had no problems with them and I have been very satisfied with the service I've received. Its the only place I trust to take my Acura for service and repairs. I've heard too many horror stories about independent repair shops.

• Pr
      5th of Jun, 2009
    Plaza Auto Mall - Attitude
    Plaza Auto Mall
    2740 Nostrand Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11210
    Brooklyn
    New York
    Phone: (888) 881-0183

This place sucks: no attention, no cortesy, no ability to negotiate, thinking that you are a ###ing idiot and will buy whatever they give you. Do not go there, it is a waste of time. They cannot even find you a car to test drive it.

• Zl
      17th of Aug, 2009

Leo from Toyota financial is a complete ###!!! I will never go back there again!

• As
      17th of Aug, 2010

There are THOUSANDS of complaints about this business on line. But they are still there. Looks like these guys have so much money that they can bribe any one.

• Wa
      9th of Dec, 2014

Wow! so much anger, yeah I'm a victim as well, not to mention its the holidays where
    everyone suppose to be happy, until I went to Plaza auto mall, notice fast talking double
    talking Lawyers(salesman), yeah we got a deal for you, yeah your our number one customer, yeah we've got it the item you want. In translation ##&@ you and the horse
    you road in here with.