Plaza Auto Mall / complete lack of courtesy and professionalistm

1 2721 Nostrand Avenue Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1888-573-4029

I have had it with Plaza Auto Mall in Brooklyn Ny. This is a terrible dealership. Completely unprofessional salesman and dealership. I leased a 2009 Toyota Rav 4 and Sirius/Xm was to be installed in it upon pickup. I went to pickup my truck on 3/24/09 and the Sirius/Xm was not installed. The dealer said he would schedule an appointment for it to be completed. The appointment was scheduled for later on that week. I live and work in Staten Island, and I left work 3 hours early (around 2pm) to be at Toyota by 3 as instructed by Troy Esposito (salesman). Upon arriving at Toyota, Troy made a few calls only to find out that the installer had already left for the day. Nothing was done or offered to recompensate me for my $10 bridge toll, my inconvienece and my missed work hours, for which I am not paid for. A new date was selected for the installation. Once again, I left work early, due to the fact that I must be at Toyota by 3pm in order for this installation to be completed. This time, the service person was there, however, the radio they are putting in comes in 2 parts and they had one and not the other. Once again, I left dissatisfied, and was not compensated at all for tolls or anything. Finally, in arranging another appt, I asked Troy if I could be fit in on Sat, April 11th, as I was going to be in the area that weekend for the Easter holiday. However, Troy said service could "Not fit me in that day". A third appointment was arranged for yesterday, 3/22/09 at 2:30pm. I had prepared ahead of time and had off that whole day. I called Troy to tell him I have the WHOLE day off and can come at ANYTIME. He set the time for 2:30pm. I arrived at 2pm just in case. I called him to let him know I am here. Troy leaves me sitting in service for 50minutes waiting. He does not even come out to see me. No one in the service area attempted to help me or expedite my issues. I called his cell and he says "Mike in the service dept is taking care of you". I tell him no ones taking care of me and Im still sitting here. Finally Mike comes to my car and tells me the installer AGAIN left for the day. I'd love to work the hours the Toyota staff puts in. There always gone by 2pm. Finally, I get sent across the street to Acura where allegedly they are going to install my Sirius/Xm. I get over there and deal with Roberto Peralta. Even though its only 3pm they cannot get to my truck today and I have to RENT a car to go back to Staten Island and come back AGAIN to Brooklyn for my truck today. This is ###. I have never heard of not being offered a LOANER car or something when youre new car is being kept at the dealership for service. The rent a car place at Acura took a $100 deposit from me and gave me a disgusting 2007 smoke-wreaking Corolla, in place of my gorgeous brand new Red Rav 4. I feel that this was an awful experience and the salesman was unprofessional and completely irresponsbile. He did not check up on the appointments to make sure they could actually take place before making me come all the way there, now 3 times for nothing.
Intitally, I was very satisfied when I first leased my truck. I also referred a friend to Plaza to Troy Esposito because I was initally happy with him until all this happened. He sold my friend a car, knew I referred her, and I never even got anything for that. Other dealerships offer merchandise or cash incentives when you refer someone. Why bother to refer in the first place? I have at least 5 other people actively interested in purchasing cars right now and I will urge them to go anywhere else but Plaza. I would never recommend this place. As we speak, Acura service has my truck and I just called Roberto Peralta get an update and he was quite rushed on the phone. I asked if I can pick it up today after 5, as I cant miss anymore work for this issue. He said it would be done today. So now, I wait again...

Ae

More Plaza Auto Mall Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ya
      16th of Jun, 2009

same 09 red rav 4?

• Al
      19th of Sep, 2009

The worst dealer in Brooklyn.

I went to get the deal in cash for clunker and it was the worst experience ever. I arrived at 10:30 in the morning quickly a sales man called "Dennis" took care of me he said that he could accept my trade but I have to give a deposit quick because the unit must be separated as soon as possible. So I gave him a deposit so the car that I wanted couldn't be sale. I kept me waiting from 10am to 11pm on Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm. Not only they not gave me the deal on the cash for clunkers because the said it was too late they kept me waiting so I could t go to another dealer, it has been a month alredy and i have not receive my money back. Every time i call he says "your money has been mailed" I am desperate I just want my money and not deal with this awful people anymore.

• As
      9th of Apr, 2010

I knew Troy Esposito and Karl from this dealership - they are thieves. They stole from me more than $6000.
    I went to the court and Troy lied under oath that I bought this new car with some kind of "service".
    Extended warranty they gave me is nothing but total BS. Toyota gives me 3 years from 0 miles to 34000 miles. The same was their warranty - 3 years from 0 miles to 34000.
    SCAM !
    Besides you can come back in 3 years and they are out of business. You cannot find them any more.

• As
      25th of May, 2010

I found thousands complaints about this business on Internet. The owner doesn't do anything about it. Every time he replaces these thieves and liars with new ones. But you cannot find him in the office. I tried to make an appointment with him but every time I say my name the secretary promised to give him the message but nobody ever contacted me. I bought a car in February 10, 2010. One month I canceled "Auto club membership. They gave me a document about cancellation but they never gave me money back. We went to the court and the judge told them to pay moneyback. 6 month later I didn't receive it. I came back to Plaza Auto Mall in Brooklyn, Nostrand ave. they have a new manager - Tom . He called someone and said:" You will get your money back in about 3 days." It was April 28, 2010. Then I called him many times he doesn't answer the phone or if I come in he promises to call me. He is the next liar.
    Remember I WILL NEVER GIVE UP !

• Ta
      15th of Jun, 2011

I had a very bad experience with one of the the service advisors when i took my car for diagnostic, a 2010 Honda Accord, his name was ERNEST WAN.Very arrogant, very mean and doesn't know how to speak to a customer.No wonder why the customer before me called him name.