PlayToWinSports.com / Unethical and fraudulent business

Play to Win Sports - PlayToWinSports.com

In Sports Also Known As Play To Win Sports Complaints. Company practicing unethical and fraudulent business. You are offered an employment opportunity. You speak with them for over 30 minutes at which time you are told you will be charged a minimal fee for mailing of "optional" flyers. You can say you don't want the flyers, it doesn't matter. Then they record a portion, mind you only a portion, of the conversation in which they "restate" the transaction. They refer to price as a word amount, not dollar. For example, "five eighty". You take it as $5.80. Then surprise, it's a $580.00 charge to your account! This is a bait and switch type of transaction.

This company has been doing this for several years under various names. The primary contact, Nick, has given many different last names to those who ask. He will not provide identification of himself or any other company official.

Someone needs to bring some light to this scam and protect people.

Va

Comments

• Er
      26th of Aug, 2008

The same thing happened to me. It happened in 2000, so apparently this has been going on for a while. I got told that it was the same minimal charge and was charged $2000. After fighting with "Nick" to get my money back, I finally decided I would chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned.

• Ry
      20th of Nov, 2008

I was taken by "Nick" for $1, 860.00. To which he of course quoted over the phone as eighteen-sixty. I gave him my credit card number and bam! I got the bill on the next statement for $1, 860.00. They wouldn't give me a refund either.