Playmesh Inc. / Online scam

United States Review updated:
Playmesh Inc.
Playmesh sells Apps through I-tunes for use by I-pods and I-phones. They have a free game called IMafia where you can role-play as a mob type character in a fictional text based world. You can see the 'Godfather' to buy/earn honor points. The points are used to buy items, more members, stats etc. In order to get the honor points you have to go back to I-tunes and purchase over priced playmesh apps.

Apps that would normally be free or at most a buck are being sold for $4.99, $9.99 and $19.99. Once you purchase the apps you get the honor points, however you lose said points if you do a character reset. You can reset your character once every 24 hours, if you don't like his profession or want to change stats etc. Well when you click to reset your character you are specifically told that you will lose all items and stats will be reset, basically you will lose everything and start over at level 1.

However it very clearly states that the only thing you keep are the Playmesh points you have purchased, which any normal person would expect to keep since you paid real dollars for said points. Well upon reset you are not given your honor points back even though you were told you would receive them. Playmesh's stance is that why should they give you back the points after you already spent them, even though their stated policy said the exact opposite.

The customer service on behalf of the company is along the lines of, oh well we have your money and could care less that our reset policy is contradictory to what we are now saying. It appears to be their contention that their reset message is clear enough for them and that is all that really matters even though the policy isn't clear. They are scamming people into buying over priced apps on I-tunes and then turning a blind eye when confronted.

DO NOT pay for anything through this company you will regret it, and god help any App maker that gets roped into working with this company.

A  20th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Why one would spend money on the garbage apps Playmesh offers in exchange for Godfather points is beyond me. I find it difficult to have sympathy for someone who spends money to purchase things that can be earned through simply playing the game and using a little strategy. I nonetheless agree that they clearly state that the purchased points are retained even if a complete reset is done; if they are failing to honor this stated policy, not only is it fraudulent, but a clear slap in the face of the players who are, in fact, their paying "customers."

Regardless, the game itself has worsened with every update. It's so bad, in fact, that it almost seems as if they're trying to drive players away from the game. Who knows, maybe they're losing money on it and are doing so in lieu of completely shutting the game down and having to refund the money of those who have purchased points. Unfortunately, the iTunes store is filled with fly-by-night developers who are not providing what they promise in their app descriptions.
A  29th of Mar, 2009 by
another victim of playmesh. they never returned my points after my reset even though the ingame help icon stated otherwise. I mean, come on. If I wanted to play the game a different way, you mean to tell me you are gonna SCREW the people who actually PAID to support you?

do not buy their lousy points. Now, if this is a bug they are working on and have a future release v1.6, then I would consider playing this game again.

in the meantime, i am gonna file a complaint with app store, hoping their game gets taken off the shelf. And I am gonna get my money back because they breached the contract.
A  31st of Mar, 2009 by
I bought itype mafia ishooter and I think one more but the thing is I was stupid to make myself a brawler and I want to be the real estate guy the thing is idk if I keep my money I earned in the game which all came from godfather points. Plz help. Post to tell me or email me at boygotskill999@yahoo.com to let's know if I get to keep the money.
D  26th of May, 2009 by
The points you purchased were used when you played the game. The game clearly states you will not lose any CURRENT playmesh points. This means points that you still have. Asking for these back on a reset is likely going to the store, buying a coke, drinking it and then asking for it back so that you can drink it a "different way". This is stupid, and no one has been scammed. If you don't like it play a different game.
D  27th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
If you are willing to spend money on this stupid app, you deserve to get your money stolen.
N  16th of Jun, 2009 by
It's COULN'T CARE LESS - "couldn't care less" says that you are at such a low level of caring that it is impossible to have any less caring about said subject matter than you go currently. "Could care less" on the other hand says that you are still able to reach a lower state of caring and thus you do care about the subject matter.

Onto the subject: You know that you don't have to spend money? You can get through the game easily without using playmesh point - and you can get playmesh points without buying anything by downloading their free apps.

Although I do agree with the sentiment - it's not exactly worth as much money as they're charging to get somewhere in the games that you could get buy yourself anyway.
A  20th of Jun, 2009 by
it cost $99.99 if you want to buy one of these apps thats comes with 800 playmesh points. what kind of crap is that?
N  26th of Jun, 2009 by
I was dumb enough to buy 160 points. I spent 20 bucks and only saved about 2 days worth of gameplay. You don't advance any better to the points than if you simply be patient and play the game. They got me, but at least I didn't buy the damn 100 dollar one. These games suck anyway, they literally do everything they can to make the points look worth it, but in the end it is just a gimmick to get your money.
N  7th of Jul, 2009 by

Playmesh Inc. - Game points scam
Playmesh Inc.

I began to play a game called Heros by playmesh on iPod touch. I liked the game "free app", in the beginning however, I soon realized you would have to buy these overpriced points to continue playing. I spent $35.00 on points only to find the did not help AT ALL in the game. The amount of points or game money needed to pursue this game further is completely out of reach unless people ruin their iPods by "jailbreaking" them. Listen playmesh there are better games like sims3 that does not rip people off, refunds should be issued and playmesh should be shut down!!
A  10th of Jul, 2009 by
Charles Ju is a greedy ###!. All he is after is your money, with no concerns about your well-being or experience received with every dollar you spend.

D  20th of Aug, 2009 by
Resetting characters has been disabled for several months now.
N  4th of Sep, 2009 by
How do you earn the Commando Rifle? I have quested about twelve times now and I have not seen the rifle yet; nevertheless, I only earned one point after mastering Raid Black Market.
A  30th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Well I am one of the STUPID people that purchased PM points, And all of sudden my account got disabled, for violating there user agreement?

Im with you guys I was very STUPID for giving them any of my money, and can promise I havent cheated, used bad language, nothing and got banned.
I have sent them 3 emails with NO reply. I repeatadly got killed by cheats and bots, which I chose to buy points to be competitive which I now regret.

A  3rd of Dec, 2009 by
The support personel on playmesh are really rude and don't give a ### about your problems either! Instead of help they answer with insults like they are still in highschool. A bunsch of loosers.
N  24th of Dec, 2009 by
### the game..!!recently i just tried to do a hitlist bounty..but the person was in services so i tried repeatedly to kill him then suddenly my account was violated..but for what??stupid ### playmesh database..
N  26th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
stupid ###s from playmesh how the ### is there lvl 50 ppl on there with high lvl stuff? dumb ###en nerds ban these ppl and make sure they stop doing this
A  8th of Apr, 2010 by
Hey all, and anyone that visists here from Google.

I had played a year and bought points, was banned for no reason.

I was able to obtain refunds from Apple, please do the same.
A  4th of Jun, 2010 by
Agreed, they are nothing but gluttons. I was banned for no reason and when I tried to find out why I was told they couldn't tell me.

All this says is they ban for no reason without researching the matter. Then when confronted they ask you to apologize like your a child. Why should one apologize when they have no idea what they did in the first place.

I'm calling for a ban on their products, as stated in my reviews on iTunes and their own in game forums. Down with the evil corporate slobs know as playmesh!

A  26th of Nov, 2010 by
The points, gold, etc are all VERY overpriced. I would spend $1 at a time, but not $5. Also, more customer-oriented games have ways to earn those kinds of points for free (by watching ads or downloading other games).