PlayerAuctions / false advertising

Boca Raton, FL, US Review updated:

I bought two World of Warcraft accounts on Playerauctions.com, and was extremely worried about the security of a purchased account as the original owners can take them back relatively easily. However, playerauctions boasts about their "playerguardian" protection, in which you will get a complete refund in the form of a store credit in the event that an account is stolen back by the seller or becomes unrecoverable for a reason out of the buyers hands.

Both accounts that I bought were taken back by the original owners. Both characters were transferred back to their original servers with their original names, and only the original owners could have had the authenticator linked to each account disabled (you have to call Blizzard directly). I sent playerauctions screenshots, email records about the account information being changed etc... everything that I could possibly have short of an email saying "hello, I am the person who sold you the account and I have stolen it back".

I got the same reply from playerauctions about both accounts saying that there was not enough proof that the seller had taken the account back. They want evidence that simply does not exist, making it impossible for you to prove anything and get a refund. I have been a member of playerauctions since 2003 and have a 100% positive feedback rating for over 35 auctions (my name is Tarewmonk if you would like to check), and they couldn't care less about my satisfaction.

I don't expect to get a refund as I have already tried numerous times over the past couple of months, so I'm posting this as a warning to anybody who is looking to buy an account from playerauctions - there is absolutely nothing you can do if an account you buy is stolen back.

Comments

•   Mar 23, 2010

Hi Tarewmonk,

This is an official PlayerAuctions response. To my knowledge our Communications department sent you an email regarding your disputed orders, however we have yet to receive a response. Please contact me at: [protected]@playerauctions.com.

Either way, we'd like to work with you, to come to an appropriate resolution for your order.

Thanks!
    Jake
    Communications Manager
    PlayerAuctions.com

• So
      May 03, 2010

Hello Jake, I am also a long time customer with PlayerAuctions and I have had a ticket open since 1/03/2010 tying to get my credit for an account that was taken back by the seller. I have forwarded an email to you already at [protected]@playerauctions.com . Please help me get this issue taken care of. I go bySologeek if you would like to check.
    Thanks,

• Me
      Jan 31, 2013

My payments for playerauctions via paypal are going through, to quote paypal here is what they are saying: "Your order status is “Pending” because the merchant has received your order but hasn’t processed your payment yet. Most merchants will complete your order a few days after they receive it. Some merchants wait until they’re ready to ship your order. " Thus the problem is they can not go into their paypal account and simply click Accept next to the payment and manually push the process through. Customer support does not satisfy at all. Live support is unable to help with any payment issues as they are just given access to the same information I have. eMail support is not any better as they have been telling me the same thing over and over again. Phone support does not even exist.