Play.com / Have been conned out of £254

United Kingdom Review updated:

I sold some items on Play.com in December 2017, in order to fund my daughters college trip due to take place next week. I managed to raise £254 and was really pleased with this. After waiting the 14 days stated on their website (in order for them to run checks on bank accounts) I was able to transfer this amount to my bank account. I was told that this had been a success and would be in my bank account in 7-10 days. This came and no money in bank account. I phoned up their 'customer helpline' supplied on their website Play.com and was told that the transfer had been done successfully and was just delayed due to the Christmas and New Year holidays. The date I was therefore gave came and went and still no money. I phoned again and was told that the money hadn't gone in due to me supplying a pre-paid credit card (which is all I have) however I was told that it was due to someones mistake in their department authorising the card when they shouldn't of (fair enough I thought). I asked them if they could send me a cheque in that case, they said that they couldn't do this as they didn't offer this service. Therefore they said the only way I could get my money without spending it on the site (which I think thats what their after as that way they can profit even more than they habe done already) is if I could find a friend who was willing to transfer the funds to their bank account. I explained that I didn't want to spend the money on the website as I was relying on the money for my daughters college trip. Therefore I managed to find a friend who was willing for me to put the money to their account.

I did this and changed all of the necessary details on the website and emailed the address I had been instructed to do in order for them to transfer the money. Therefore I was then told that the transfer had been a success and would be in my bank account in 7-10 days. The 7-10 days come and the money was still not in the bank account so I phoned them back and spoke to someone called Jonthahon in the PlayTrade department who told me the transfer had gone through successfully and they were just waiting for the bank to authroise the money and to phone back the following day and ask to speak directly to him (he gave me his extension number to do this). So I phoned back and was told that they couldn't put me through to him as they didn't offer this service. They put me through to someone else who was extremly rude and told me that I had no choice but to wait an additional 5-7 working days for my money. I told her that this was unacceptable as this had been dragged out for such a long time and I was still not getting my money and that I had already waited the time supplied on the website and the helpline. She told me that she couldn't do anything and threatened to terminate the call.

I realised I could no longer speak to her as she was of no help whatsoever and was just very very rude. I therefore phoned back and spoke to someone else who told me that the reason the money didn't go in was due to the account number not matching up with the sort code from the banks details. I therefore double checked the details found that they all matched correctly so I phoned back.

Speaking to someone else this time who told me a different excuse apparently now it was bouncing at the banks end. So I called up the bank who informed me that they would have no problem letting the money go through. I phoned back Play.com and informed them of this and was then told that Dave in PlayTrade had managed to sort the whole problem out and the money would be in my bank account in 10-15 minutes. 10-15 minutes came and no money. I realised that there was no point phoning them anymore as they were just giving diferent excuses each time.

I therefore contacted the Office Of Fair Trading (in Jersey where Play.com are based) and the Daily Mirror Investigations. The Daily Mirror contacted Play.com who informed them that they couldn't speak to anyone other than the account holder but how they 'welcomed me' to email them which I did. About four days later I recieved a reply from them informing me that the reason why my money hadn't gone in was because the changing of the bank details had triggered security measures therefore they were putting the money in manually in order for me to get it and that the money would be in my bank account on the 11th of February 2017. This came and still no money. Emailed them back and recieved a reply from someone else who told me I would have to transfer the money again. I replied saying that this was unacceptable as I had already waited long enough. I then recieved an email from someone else saying that they had transfered the money and taken another transfer fee for doing this. They have taken a transfer fee everytime they transfer the money despite it not being my thought as I have supplied a proper credit card and valid bank account therefore there is no excuses as to why the money is not going in. Therefore the value of the money has come down because of this which I think is disgusting as they are obviously doing it in order to get more money (despite taking a huge amount in fees already).

I then recieved a phone call from them saying that the money will be in my bank account at the beginning of this week. I highly doubt that the money will go into my bank account as I do not trust them at all. They have already done this many times before and promised me that the transfer has been a success and that the money will go in, but it never does. They are a disgusting company and I strongly advise not going near them. My experience of them has been terrible the whole process has been dragging on for two months now and I am still not getting my money.

Comments

26th of Oct, 2009
    Play.com - apple iphone 3gs
    play
    England, Nottinghamshire
    Phone: 01159206182

the following is a copy of the corrispondance that i have sent to play.
    ...
    Unfortunately I have no alternative but to write a letter of complaint.

I placed an order with you for the apple I phone on 22/09/09.

When the order was placed you showed stock of the phone, I called and spoke to one of your many telephone assistants who confirmed that they were in stock and it would be with me in a couple of days.

I have been chasing your call centre every week now for this item. At one point your website showed me a delivery date and then it changed to awaiting stock.

In one of my conversations with your telephone team, I was told that the phone would not take any longer than 28days no matter what.

It has now been about 28 days and in my latest conversation with your telephone staff I was told that delivery could be 4 to 5 days (just as the website states). When I asked is that defiantly the case the operator replied no we do not have any confirmed delivery dates. Someone in Play must know when the stock will arrive. You must have a purchase team who know when you will be getting stock and who it will be delivered to.

Your customer service is terrible and I feel I have been fobbed off constantly.

When will the item be delivered????????????????????

You are misleading shoppers with your website stating that delivery Usually dispatched within 4-5 days.

This item was a gift for my sons 18th birthday which was at the weekend. You can understand my disappointment with your false promises.

If I do not hear back from you within the next 5 days I will have no alternative to take this matter further.

The reply
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

We aim to have all email enquiries answered within 72 hours.

We have given your query ticket number 4949428.

Please quote this number in any future correspondence in this matter.

If you have a query regarding our delivery policy our help desk may be able to answer your query:

You may also find the helpdesk useful if you are attempting to return an item:

or if you have not received an item:

Additionally you may find the helpdesk can help you resolve a number of other queries, including:

- Questions regarding shipping,
    - Product specifics,
    - Queries about PlayTrade,
    - Getting help with your account
    - Many other frequently asked questions.

Thank you for shopping with Play.com.

Kind Regards

Play

My latest e mail
    ...
    Yet again I have a cause to complain.
    Please see your e mail attached stating that you would contact me within 72 hours of me raising a query with you.

As you can guess, I have not received a reply to my e mail.

I have logged into my account and have found that you have updated the dispatch date.

Your website states

Apple iPhone 3G S 16GB Sim Free / Unlocked 3.0 Megapixel Mobile Phone (Black)
    ( 3 customer ratings )
    £699.99 Free Delivery
    RRP: £799.99 | You save: £100.00 (12%)
    Usually dispatched within 4-5 days

My account states

PRICE £599.99
    PAYMENT Credit/debit card
    ORDER DATE 22/09/2017
    ORDER ID 18372922
    DELIVER TO

STATUS Preordered - Due for release: 02/11/2017

Do you not think that this is totally misleading customers stating at the time of purchase “Usually dispatched within 4-5 days” when you know full well that they are not going to get it. “Preordered - Due for release: 02/11/2017”

I have now been waiting 5 weeks for the item that at the time of purchase was in stock.

This service is disgusting, and you customer service is non existent.

• Ni
      29th of Oct, 2009

I have had massive problem with Play.com recently.
    Pre-ordered a book - for a present. Couple days after release date called their customer service (joke) number to ask why according to my account it had still not been dispatched. After 22 minutes of explaining my query time and time again to a foreign call centre was then told 5 times - You have it ordered and it has not yet been dispatched!!!
    After 39 minutes I on the phone I gave up and managed to find contact e-mail address online. E-mailed them to be told I had not received it as they had run out of stock and they have cancelled my pre-order!! Not exactlly helpful when it is for a present - even better their website is selling the book currently at a higher price than my pre-order.
    E-mailed them and asked why they are still selling book - why couldn't they send mine to me????? Also who is paying for my 39 minute call to foreign call centre which was a waste of time???? Automated e-mail saying I shall receive reply in 72 hours - 72 hours come and gone no reply.
    I am now just going to constantly keep sending same e-mail to them until they do reply.
    DO NOT RECOMMEND!!! Used to use them all the time but service has gone downhill.
    AVOID - especially pre-orders.

• St
      5th of Dec, 2009
    Play.com - Overcharging
    PLAY.COM
    England, Kent
    United Kingdom

PLAY.COM are the most incompetent mail order company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with,
    I have had multiple deliveries of DVD box sets delivered and charged when only one was ordered, and had to arrange by calling them on their 0845 number collection and refunds, and just recently I ordered a Christmas present thinking that lightning wouldn’t strike twice and found that they have charged me twice for the same item and withdrawn the money from my account leaving me with hardly any money. Once they have re-paid me my money, I will be closing my account with them…enough is enough!

• Au
      5th of Dec, 2009

Play.com are a quality dotcom. Stop sooking, get a life.

17th of Dec, 2009
    Play.com - Poor packaging
    United Kingdom

I have just received my grandson's Christmas present from Play.com and I was appalled that it was just in a polybag. It was posted on Wednesday 9th December and only arrived Thursday 17th. This is a lot longer than expected and the box was damaged! I sent for another gift for my other grandson from Toyshop and that came well boxed. These gifts are in the range of £40 each so I would have expected better packaging.

24th of Dec, 2009
    Play.com - in stock, not recieved
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 0845 8001020 (UK only)

go go hamster's
    The most sort after toy for children this Christmas. Go Go Hamster's were advertised on play.com as being in stock.
    so we placed an order, its in stock no problem i thought.
    Christmas Eve has arrived, no more post till after Christmas and no Go Go Hampster has arrived.
    I contacted play.com only to be told they are awaiting stock.
    If they didn't have stock in the first place, surely it is wrong to advertise the product as being in stock with a delivery estimate of 3-5 days.
    My daughters Christmas is ruined and i can only wonder how many other little girls and boys will be expecting their Go Go Hamsters that won't arrive this christmas becuse play.com lied about their stock levels.
    I am disgusted with them..

24th of Dec, 2009

Play.com should be hung, drawn and quartered.
    After reading this complaint i checked my account with Play.com and guess what ? my Go Go Hampster on order is awaiting stock.
    I can't even find a way of complaining, their phone line is so busy no one answers and i can't find anywhere on their site to complain.

Very, very, bad, this is children and their christmas presents we are talking about.

24th of Dec, 2009

should be stopped from trading

• Dr
      30th of Dec, 2009

Play.com are NOT a quality dotcom. I have had exactly the same poblem with them. I ordered from them in November 2017 and they charged my credit card immediately. Status went from "Packing" to "Awaiting stock". After a week of this, I cancelled the order. I phoned them several times and each time they said that I would be refunded. It's NOT happened, so I'm pursuing it through Barclaycard.

• In
      21st of Jan, 2010
    Play.com - Avoid like the plague
    Play.com

Having not recieved goods from a Playtrade advertiser I have done everything that Play.com have required of me, over four different phone call processes, and I am STILL being stalled on my refund under their Playtrade guarantee. I have phoined then again during the evening, as agreed, and they are now insisting I have to phone them during working hourts only, after I have explained to then I can't do this!! They have NO written complaint route and have ALL of the details they need to make the refund- AND CONTACT ME This is deliberate avoidance of payment at best. AVOID PLAYTRADE LIKE THE PLAGUE.

23rd of Feb, 2010

NEVER ORDER FROM PLAY.COM EXPECTING EVERYTHING TO WORK OUT is the only message I can offer after my experiences with them. I ordered 2 items that were charged then went to 'awaiting stock' or 'order taken' meaning that basically I'd have to wait goodness knows how long to arrive. Their returns service is a joke, I had to return an item (which I did so in December 2017) and they appear to have lost it (have phoned them several times on their expensive 'help' line) and without the package receipt number which I had since lost were unable to help me. Their customer service depertment seems to have about as much understanding of play.com as I or anybody doesn they will probably not be able/willing to help you.

Play.com, 4 orders - 2 with serious unresolved problems which have lost me at least £30 (not including postage/long phone calls to premium rate idiots)

Stick with Amazon, I've completed 100+ orders with them and never had a single problem.

• Nh
      17th of Mar, 2010
    Play.com - refund
    United Kingdom

contacted play to cancel my order and asked for refund for my order last dec 30, 2017 it's now middle of march and still no refund! i've been calling them every week and they have given me diffent reasons every time i call them. they don't have any complaints route and you have to contact their customer service in the philippines who doesn't seem to know what they are talking! anybody know how to contact their head office?

6th of Apr, 2010
    Play.com - PLAY.COM COMPLAINTS

PLAY.COM COMPLAINTS

Do not use play.com - i have waited over 60 days for refund / replacement item. All they do is send an email claims form. which is next to useless, I have several of these and no one is replying, responding, forwarding a refund, issuing a replacement.

When calling CS they laugh at you, even wish you luck as they are aware of how shoddy and pathetic their service is.

DO NOT USE PLAY.COM DO NOT USE PLAY.COM DO NOT USE PLAY.COM DO NOT USE PLAY.COM

• Ra
      20th of May, 2010
    Play.com - No Free Disc
    Wales, Clwyd
    United Kingdom

Ordered Sony blu ray player with free Avatar Special edition disc. Player delivered and works great. No disc has been sent. have contacted customer service twice and told the disc would follow.
    Have now written to the marketing director twice but not had a reply.
    I have used the company for many years and was completely satisfied with the goods and the service until now.
    From the reviews of this product quite a few others have not recieved the freebie.
    Will now be going to Trading Stadards.

6th of Jul, 2010

we have exactly the same issue and are recieving no response whatsoever, in fact I'm sure its the same customer services agent answering the phone. they keep saying its an issue with the Sony promotion so maybe we should complain to Sony!!

• Ya
      22nd of Jul, 2010
    Play.com - Non received order
    Play
    Harrogate
    England, North Yorkshire
    Phone: 07773698047

I ordered a game (Red Dead Redemption) from play's play trade section. It was a really good deal (too good), second hand and still sealed, for £31. I should have checked the feedback first cos 10 out of 10 people didn't receive their game and could not contact the seller. I followed Play's on screen instructions to contact the seller. No reply after 7 days. Following the instructions again i sent another message to both the seller and play. No reply from either. Finally i submitted a claim. They advised i wait 10 working days while they investigate, and then i would be contacted. I waited, and was not contacted several up to several days after the allotted time. I called and explained what had happened and was told a refund would be processed in 5 days. 5 days later, no refund. Called again, they had requested the refund from the seller who had not responded. Have now been told that my refund will be in my account by tuesday. If the money is refunded i will immediately close my account with Play and not deal with them again. I urge others to do the same. Their complaints and customer service is atrocious.
    I ordered my game on the 28/05/10, i wrote this complaint on 22/07/10.

31st of Jul, 2010

when you're ordering stuff online you should probably read the instructions. you were supposed to order avatar at the same time as the bluray player. because you didn't bother doing what you were supposed to do the limited edition item became unavailable. idiot.

• Do
      13th of Aug, 2010
    Play.com - Disgraceful way to treat a customer, bordering on fraud or theft
    play.com

I purshased through my pc, with play.com, A book and accompanying tape, (French for starters) The book arrived but no accompanying tape. I subsequently sent the book back, as per the companys returns policy. I was credited to my account the cost of the book, but a reduced ammount for the postage, ( the compant advises when returning goods, to record same, ie, proof of postage ) Several days later, i received a copy of the same book i had returned, i sent that back, recorded delivery. To date i have not been reimbursed for this book, having been already billed through my CC for same. The sum off £12. 99 plus postage, for returning the two books have still not been paid to me. I have written several letters of complaint to their customer relatios dept, in jersey, UK, no reply recived from them. Disgraceful way to treat a customer, bordering on fraud or theft.

5th of Sep, 2010

All your complaints are address.. You need more patient.

• Yo
      6th of Sep, 2010

I am having the exact same problem.
    I bought a pair of headphones through a playtrade seller called AUDIOINTIME (avoid like the plague), which broke after 3 months.
    I emailed the seller, and they sent me an email saying to send the headphones back to the following address. I sent them back, and have heard nothing.
    This was 9 months ago, and after 20 or so emails I decided to get Play.com involved.
    They are refusing to refund me, or replace the item, even though their own emails have been ignored by AUDIOINTIME, because they say they cannot prove that the seller has received my package.
    Steer clear of Playtrade and Audiointime.
    I will be going back to Amazon after this.

• Yo
      6th of Sep, 2010
    Play.com - Worst customer service
    United Kingdom

After many emails and phone calls to them, some calls to people who barely speak english, I still have had no joy.
    Steer clear of Playtrade and Audiointime.
    I will be going back to Amazon after this.

15th of Sep, 2010

they don't have a customer relations department in jersey, so that's probably where you're going wrong.

15th of Sep, 2010

Why didn't you send the item back recorded delivery? It's a shame they don't sell common sense.

• Pl
      27th of Sep, 2010

i have also experianced this problem i ordered an item on 07/08/2017 and 5 days later i recieved a shattered case so unopened i returned the item 1st class recorded on the day i recieved it after waiting untill the 27/8/2017 i tried to find out what was happening with my item on the website to no avail so i rang play.com and i was told they had ot recieved the item (WRONG) i had already checked with royal mail on the status of the delivery so after arguing with them to say they did have it and i wanted a replacment item they finally said i would recieve an email and the order would be processed within 10 days (WRONG AGAIN!!) today i rang rather annoyed and they tell me "oh yeah it was damaged in transit would you like a new one maddam" errrr wellll yes "ok you will have it in the next 3-5 days" play.com have bad communication and a bad serice do not use play.com for anything!!!

2nd of Oct, 2010
    Play.com - refunds
    play.com

I bought a second hand WII from Play.com costing £140 and when I received it I could not get a picture on any of my televisions, I tried everything I could think of like borowing leads off friends to see if it could be fixed easily but had no success at all so I had to send it back to the seller who obviously treated me like a liar saying it worked when he sent it but he would say that, anyway it cost me an extra £10.99 to post it back and I have checked with Parcel force and he had signed for the parcel 12 days ago and has not given me my money back. What has upset me a lot is Play.com do hardly anything to sort things out. Do they think that I would be happy at losing money on postage and lie about it not working, I will be out of pocket.
    I am a housebound disabled man and the WII was to keep me from going crazy cause I'm alone a lot anjd without the refund I cannot buy another one!
    Play.com have been extremely unhelpful about helping me get my money back.
    No matter now what happens I will never buy anything from Play.com and I used to be a regular customer spending hundreds of pounds over the years, but that means nothjing to them.
    If the seller refuses to give me my money what the hell am I going to do???
    This just isn't fair.
    If the seller was to have responded quickly I would have removed the negative comment but he hasn't so I'm leaving it!

12th of Oct, 2010
    Play.com - False deals
    London
    play.com

This is the second time this has happened to me, and has led me to think that Play.com is actually advertising false deals and blatantly scamming people. They had a 2 PS3 games for 25quids deal in December. I jumped on it as the list of titles included MGS4, and at 12.5o pounds it was a great deal. Second game was so-so but bought it just for MGS4. Play.com sent only the second item and cancelled the MGS4 order without even sending an email.

Two weeks ago, the same deal popped up with MGS4 again included. Ordered MGS4 and a lesser known game. Play.com sends only the second title and cancels the MGS4 order again. My belief is that they don't actually have MGS4 but are using its popularity to sell other games. Will never use them again, as they don't even send emails to warn of this and never once gave me the opportunity to have MGS4 replaced with another title.

1st of Nov, 2010
    Play.com - No refund
    Rochester
    England, Kent
    United Kingdom

I placed my order (Friends anniversary dvd box set £59.99) on the 26th September 2017 with play.com and my credit car was debited on this day. After a couple of days I tracked the parcel and it said the order was being processed. On Thursday 30th it said despatched on delivery van which I was happy with as I expected it to arrive either that day or at the latest on Friday 1st October. When it hadn't arrived by late Friday I rang customer services who told me the parcel had been lost by the courier. I explained I wanted to give it as a gift to my daughter to take to uni on Sunday 3rd, so the sympathetic woman from play suggested I go to the shops and try to buy the box set in the meantime she would cancel the order, send me a from by email and credit back my credit card.

I received the form which I signed and sent back to the free post address as requested and took her advice and found the set at HMV the following morning. As I have used this company many times I thought i had no reason to doubt their word and assumed they had credited my card. Tonight I thought I would ring them just to check only to discover they had not arranged a credit as my form must have got lost in the post! I reminded them they had promised me a credit as there was no dispute about me receiving the goods after all it had been them who had told me the parcel was lost by the courier. However, I was told until they receive the completed form they refuse to credit my card. This didn't make sense to me at all so I asked to speak to a manager. Eventually, I was put through to someone claiming to be a manager who also confirmed that although they knew I had not received the goods they would not give me a credit until they were in receipt of this stupid form (which simply confirms I have not received the goods!). I asked if I could email the form or fax it but was told that this was not possible and that they must receive it in the post. I really believe this company is using delaying tactics and is keeping my money in a fraudulent way. I intend to photocopy the form 20 times and post it to them under separate cover 20 times tomorrow - they can't say royal mail has lost so many letters can they? In the meantime I have also rung my credit card company and asked them to sort it out with them. I get the impression I am not the first to complain about this method with play.com. Anyone reading this I would like to recommend steering clear from this company or if you have to use them watch out if your parcel goes missing.

• Bu
      1st of Dec, 2010
    Play.com - missing order
    Belgium

I ordered Red Dead Redemption (PS3) from Play.com on the 29th September 2017. It wasn't my first order with this company so I had no reason to doubt the service.
    But up to this day I have not received the game nor a refund. It is appalling that you have to wait 21 days before you can mark an order as missing! When I did, I got this stupid form in my mailbox stating that I did not receive the order. I signed the form and sent it to the Freepost address in Belfast as instructed.
    I cannot even phone the customer service center from Belgium so I have to contact this company via mail. Apparently, they just ignore these signed forms and without the form they refuse to send a replacement or refund you the money. When I asked about this via mail, I got the reply that the form was probably lost in the mail and they advised me to send a registered letter (5€ extra) and they would refund me the cost.
    I did send the registered letter and I can track it online. It has been in Belfast since 17/11/2017 but they simply do not collect these letters.
    When I sent another email, I got the same reply that it was probably lost in the post and that I should try sending it again. I refuse to do so as a registered letter is enough.
    Since then, I have emailed them daily. But I no longer get replies.
    STAY AWAY FROM PLAY.COM!!!

17th of Jan, 2011
    Play.com - fund transfers
    United Kingdom

in november 2017, i ordered two of the same item off play.com by accident. instead of just returning one for a refund, i stupidly decided to set up a play trade acount and sell the item myself. the item sold fairly quickly and i posted it via special delivery and entered all the tracking number etc on the play trade account as they ask you to.
    i had to wait 14 days from setting up the account before transferring the funds so they can carry out " security checks ". i therefore waited the 14 days and after checking the royal mail website to confirm the item had been delivered i initiated the fund transfer.

play said the transfer would take 7-10 days to reach my account. after 14 days and still no money, i phoned their " customer services " and was told they had stopped the transfer as the customer had not left any feedback to confirm the item had been delivered.
    i told them that it had as i had checked royal mails website and that they should do the same, but they insisted that no transfer would take place without feedback.
    i promptly contacted the buyer who then left 100 percent feedback and i assumed that the transfer would now go through.

after another 10 days and still no money, i again phoned play and explained to someone different the story. i was put on hold for a long time and when he finally came back he said he was unable to get through to the play trade department but agreed that positive feedback had been left and so the transfer should go through without a problem. he suggested i e-mail them with an outline of what had happened and the tracking number for the item and i would recieve an answer within 24hours.
    i promptly did this and did indeed recieve a reply saying that they could not answer by e-mail and that i should phone their friendly customer services team.
    i did this and again spoke to someone completely different who i dont really think understood the whole story i was trying to relay. i was again put on hold for ages. he finally came back and said that he could not get through to the play trade department but there was no reason for the transfer not to go ahead and that he would speak to them later and for me to keep an eye on my account over the next 24-48 hours and that he would e-mail me within 24 hours if there was a problem.

five days later and i have just checked my bank account and surprise, surprise, no money!!! and no e-mail saying there is a problem either.
    i have just phoned play again, spoke to someone completely different again who again couldnt get through to the play trade department but would try to get the funds transferred within the next few days and would e-mail me with the outcome from the play trade department.

this is now over a month since i originally started the transfer and they are still holding my money!!!
    i am not holding out any hope of seeing yhe money in the next few days either.
    i will never do business with play again and will tell all my friends the same and would urge anyone reading this to boycott them aswell.
    play are fine all the time they are taking your money, but when something goes wrong there seems to be very litte recourse for complaint, just different excuses from different people all the time.
    thanks for taking the time to read this

• Co
      19th of Jan, 2011
    Play.com - 21 days rule ???
    England, West Midlands
    United Kingdom

I heard a lot of good things about Play.com from friends (but this was for cd's/dvd's) and decided to purchase a jacket that was half the price of the high street shops. Received a confirmation email that my order had been posted and it should take 3-5 working days. Well 14 working days have now passed and still no jacket!! But what I can't work out is that Play.com say they won't do anything to try and track the parcel until 21 days have passed! Why wait this long??
    After reading some of the nightmares customers have had with this site and arranging refunds, it seems like I'm in for a tough time. Will stick with Amazon in future.

• Gb
      5th of Apr, 2011

Completely agree, they are truly attrocious I will not be using them again under any circumstances, keep clear I will be using Amazon from now on

19th of Apr, 2011
    Play.com - Do not touch it, it's just not worth the hassle
    play.com

Ordered a large EXPENSIVE item with PLAY.COM- they sent small CHEAP wrong item in a jiffy bag (Total incompetence).Many submissions to them informing them of the error- they totally ignored me.Had to send back wrong item by Royal mail special delivery due to their lack of reponse with a detailed letter including photos of packaging etc..Even the jiffy bag had the correct price for the large item which would never fit into a small jiffy bag. After a great deal of time the money appeared in my bank account-No reimbursement for the royal mail costs.No appology-No communication from them whatssoever. They are based offshore- DO NOT TOUCH-its just not worth the hassle. Use a UK mainland company only as the rules are better.

• Ge
      3rd of Jun, 2011

play.com are rubbish.. Order Brink with Promotional fall-out pack..Promotional pack not rec.. contacted 4 time before they finaly say no longer available, Believe they are advertising things they can not supply and reviews seem to back this up.

Very unhappy. will never use play.com agian

• Bu
      5th of Jul, 2011

i order atop for my girl on the 11th of june till today i didnt receive the item i wrote an e mail and they told me if you dont receive the item till the 2nd of july let us know, i really wish the item soon.what can i do please .?

• Cl
      20th of Aug, 2011
    Play.com - Delivery and services
    United Kingdom

On the 28th July I ordered an SD card from Play.com. They took the money on the 4th August. After 2 emails and 2 automated replies, 2 phone call and 2 conversation, I stil don't have my SD card.
    Finaly on the 17th August I rang play and asked them to cancel my order and return my money. The man I spoke to told me it was in packing but he was going to cancel the order. Two days later still waiting for my money. On saturday 20th August I rang play again. I was told the order was in packing and because of this the order couldn't be canceled. The order had been in packing for at least 2 weeks prior to this conversation. She assured me the item would "hopefully" be in my house by the wed or maybe the friday after. 4 weeks after I had made the order. We shall see...

• Sw
      8th of Sep, 2011
    Play.com - gaming mouse
    United Kingdom

"You will accept the wrong item wether you want it or not"

I have used play.com several times over the last few years and apart from slow delivery i have had no problems. This time however they have turned a simple transaction into a nightmare. I viewed and ordered a standard version of a gaming mouse. when I received dispatch notice they were sending me a left handed version. I logged on to their site and my order history showed a left hand version also. I then checked my browser history and my computer was never on the left hand page there was a link for the standard version only. I followed their returns link and there was no option to discuss this apart from comment section on the wrong item ordered. 75 characters only so kept comment simple "i need a number to discuss this" I later found a number on site and called. Everything I said was totally ignored. I eventually resigned myself to the fact that I would pay return costs. I asked for the standard version to be sent out once they had received the return only to be told that i would have to wait until return and refund had been completed, then start fresh order. I ordered elsewhere due to the delay involved. When the returned item arrived they then sent me an E-mail stating replacement was going to be dispatched within 24 hours. I called them to say I no longer required item and seeing as they said this wouldnt be happening why has it. Their response after an hour on phone was tough oh and by the way you're getting the left handed version again and you will have to pay yet again to return this (£7 with tracking. thats £14 so far for an item I didnt order!) No they couldnt possibly stop this wrong item being dispatched. Their system doesnt allow it. It didnt get dispatched until the following day . I have bought products online for over 10 years now and I have never come across such utterly poor customer service. I have a strong suspicion that I am never going to get my refund of them. Do not touch with a barge pole it really is a lottery but if you do get a problem forget any chance of reasoning with this company

22nd of Sep, 2011
    Play.com - No Refund !
    Play.com UK
    England, Cleveland
    United Kingdom

I have had TWO Blu-ray films go missing.. and the first one it took 6 weeks to get a replacement.. the second one I returned the complaint form they sent to Ireland (1st class post) and they said they never received it ... two emails sent from the site and the second one gave me another form to prInt and sign and an email address to sent it to. I got NO reply after a week. So I phoned, and spoke to 2 people (one was supposed to be a supervisor) who said they had no record of either the letter or the emails that I had sent (how convenient !) ... but if I resent it straight away (same email address) it would be done immediately.. I even sent a second email the next day asking them to confirm they had received the first one .. guess what ! ... 7 days later and still nothing !
    AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS .. ORDER FROM HMV OR AMAZON INSTEAD !
    This is the WORST firm I have evenr darlt with bar none .. and as an ex-Csutomer Service Manager for a large international firm I speak with some authority !
    I would SACK all the customer service staff they are totally useless and just laugh at you basically !!!

• Ul
      25th of Nov, 2011
    Play.com - System error
    Sheffield
    England, South Yorkshire
    United Kingdom

I recently tried to order an Blu Ray player from Play.com... me email of complaint:

I just experienced your service and it was absolutely awful.

I have just placed an order on your website and the card details were incorrect so they declined. I went to make another order with different card details and this order went through ok. I then went to check the progress and noticed that the previous order had made had changed from declined to processing.

I called through to the call centre and spoke to someone who advised they couldnt help. I asked to speak to his manager, and was transfered to someone called Neil.

Neil refused to give me his full name for "security reasons". If this is your company policy I find this completely unacceptable. As a customer how am I supposed to have any confidence in what I am being advised if the person giving me the information isnt prepared to give me their full name. I had to confirm my full name when I spoke to him and find it completely unacceptable that the same courtosy isnt shown in return.

At no point did Neil or the person I spoke to first try and help me. They just advised there was nothing they could do. No phone calls were made to the warehouse, no attempt to prevent this second order going through (that wasn't needed or authorised by myself). Neil refused to let me speak to his manager.

The service I have recieved has been unhelpful at best. I intend to send both items back for refund and purchase from Amazon. I will not be using your service again.

Kind Regards,
    Tim Overend

11th of Jan, 2012
    Play.com - item not arrived
    United Kingdom

You get no response when goods don't arrive from customer services and they normally don't arrive.

They are the worst online company I have ever dealt with.

13th of Jan, 2012
    Play.com - Funds Transfer
    Finland
    play.com

I've sold an item on Playtrade section and the money, as usual, was transferred as "funds" into my play.com account for me to, either, use it for my purchases through play.com or transfer it to my bank account. Opting for the transfer, I tried to enter my bank details only to notice that they ask for a "sort code" - which is a thing unique to the UK banks. No European bank (continental) provide you with such code, they give you an IBAN account and a SWIFT code for international transfers. I've contacted five times to play.com customer services (3 e-mails and 2 phone calls to 0845 numbers which costs about 1£/minute), giving my correct bank details. They have not replied or attempted to solve the issue at all. It's a bit too obvious that they expect you to give up and, instead, spend it on the website.