Playboy Magazine / playboy subscription charge

So I have a subscription to Playboy which is good until November. 7/7/09 is when Playboy sent me the automatic renewal notice. I received it after that date and today on the 22nd of July I called to cancel the renewal. On the letter it said "We will be charging the credit card that you provided us if you do not cancel by 08/04/09." The girl tells me that it can be cancelled but it appears my card was charged on the 22nd. Oh what do you know, that's today!! How come they give me until the 8th but they are charging me 2 weeks early? So now I have to wait for the money to be refunded. I will never subscribe to a magazine again! They renew you and half of them don't even give you a number!!

A  30th of Jul, 2009 by
I had the exact same thing happen to me!!! Thank god for your comment because the Playboy website gives you no phone number to call to cancel nor do they have a link that allows you to cancel online. Because of your complaint I looked into my credit card recent transactions and sure enough there was the $16.98 charge!! The phone number next to the charge 515-243-1200 is for subscriber services (option 5 for magazine subscription customer service.) The representative I spoke with canceled my account and said my card would be credited back by the next billing cycle. I can't believe that I spent an hour searching their website for a cancelation link but had to get the info from another dissatisfied customer on a comment webpage. The one link that does say "Unsubscribe" on the Playboy website actually brings you to another page where they want you to buy something else!! Unbelievable! The people who used to run Playboy would have NEVER have operated like this! I canceled my previous account a few years ago when it was under the old management and it was quick and easy. Hef must be devastated at how these people are ruining his magazine (which is now horrible) and his companies reputation.

Playboy Enterprises Logo Playboy Enterprises