Plato's Closetstolen goods and lies

I dropped off a bag full of clothes and shoes at plato's and they told me they would call me when they were ready to be picked up. I sent my husband to get them and they gave him a check for 3.50, I know there was over 300.0 worth of stuff in that bag.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Wilmington, NC They told me that they donated my other items to charity cause it took me too long to come and get em, I mean is the charity place on standby cause my stuff was gone in a day. Liars and theives, that is what this place is. Give me a break plato robbers, you will never see another dime of my money or a stitch of my second hand items, cause I don't work well with liars and ribbers! Beware of platos closet and once upon a cild, they are all related.

Ca

Comments

• Wa
      Jun 23, 2010

I think that it reflects ignorance and a childish intellect to say that ALL Plato's Closet stores are "theives" just because you believe that one of them has done you wrong. Our family has a great experience with the Plato's Closet location in Oklahoma City. I've overheard people inside this location comment that they did not think that they got enough money for their clothes...but, when my kids have sold their things I have been impressed at what they received for "used clothes". When considering the overhead expense of running a business (I own a business) I am amazed at the fact that they can even exist while selling clothes so cheap. My hat is off to the people at Plato's Closet in Oklahoma City for providing an inexpensive alternative to mall stores.

I just thought that somebody should do something other than complain.

• Go
      Aug 31, 2010

WOW!!! My hubby and I went there, to plato's closet, a few days ago to sell clothes. We had really nice roca ware and other nice name brands that belong to our 15 year old daughter. They would not except any of them and they really didn't have a good reason why. They never even looked up at us as they spoke to us. It's sad to say that I think it had everything to do with the color of my skin. I decided to leave it in the hands of the lord and if this store is really conducting business like this they will not prosper. In Jesus name!!! Amen.

• Sh
      Oct 18, 2010

I think it really depends on what Platos Closet you go to. Every one is operated differently and owned by different people. You also have to take into consideration that not EVERY area has the same demographic. You could have a Platos Closet in a certain area where RocaWear doesn't sell as well as say Charlotte Russe or Hollister items, if they're not going to make a profit off of it there is no point for them to buy it. I get and understand why some people get upset over it but you have to understand they are a business and need to do what's best for the business as well. As for the donating the clothing, Platos Closet has limited space, and because of the fact that they have so much inventory coming in all day everyday and limited space for backstock they really don't have the space to keep a large quantity of items behind their cash wrap all day. They should tell you that if you're not back in a certain time they get rid of your clothes. As for pricing they tell you in the beginning, that you're not going to get back what you paid for. The business wouldn't survive if you paid that much cash back for that many items. They're only given so much money in their cash drawers a day so take that into consideration when you sell, don't sell items of personal value. I've never had a bad experience but I always sell to the same Platos Closet. It's a shame you had a bad experience at one Platos Closet, but like I said they're all different.

Feb 11, 2016

When you drop off your clothes you sign a sheet that specifically states if you are not back the same day to pick up your items plato's has the right to donate them, and put a store credit slip in your name-if they were able to take anything.