Platinum Warranty Corporation / I unfortunately selected P.W.C.

I purchased an extended auto repair warranty from Platinum Warranty Corp. December 30,2004 at a cost of $2049.00.

My first attempt to use the service was 01-05-2007. Phone# on my warranty card was invalid. I looked on the website and realized I was in trouble from the postings of victims of this corporation.

I live in Arizona and have contacted our Attorney General but not enough time has passed for an answer.

An interesting bit of information I found, was that the Ohio Attorney General, Jim Petro filed suit in Cuyahoga County on behalf of consumers against Platinum Warranty Corp.on May 14,2004, that was seven months prior to my purchasing of warranty from P.W.C.

This information never showed up anywhere when I was looking at providers of auto warranties and unfortunately selected P.W.C.

I am going to contact the Ohio Attorney General and I would be most appreciative to hear from anyone knowing of other places to contact.

Any information on the current status of Platinum Warranty Corp. is also appreciated.

Va

Comments

8th of Apr, 2008

I purchased a 84 month 100, 000 mile warranty on 2/7/05. I used the warranty once without a problem (in June of 05 I believe). I now need to use it again, but I couldn't find anyone to contact. I received an email October of 2005 stating that Platinum had filed bankruptcy but that the claims would be administered by Automotive Research Corporation with a phone number of 1-800-282-9592. That number is no longer in use. Does anyone have any more information regarding Platinum Warranty Contracts?

• Nd