Platinum Mp3 - Mobile insurance / Bounced cheque-money not refunded

1 Ipswich, England, Suffolk, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 08450945826,08712213021

I had unknowingly purchased mobile insurance over the phone and after I recived the certificate and as mentioned in the crtificate I cancelled it by sending all the documents in original.I was send back a cheque which bounced and I was given a reason that I accountact has lost the cheque book and therfore all the cheques have been cancelled. After that I tried to conatct them atleast 50 times but I could not get through and now both the numbers given by them are not usefull nor answered.

Has anyone faced simillar type of problem and has anybody managed to get payment out of them?

Can some one tell me how can I put this as a disupte and may be rasie this dispute in the court.

Sw

Comments

• Ah
      27th of May, 2008

Same happened to me, I went to buy a phone from CPW and the agent at the shop said that he will do a temporary insurance for 15 days from O2 which I could cancel in 15 days. During this period, I got a call from somebody from Platinum MP3 asking if I could get a warantee from them instead of O2. The caller was a northerner sounding and then I agreed to the offer and gave bank details to them.

They gave me a number 08450945826 and they have taken out the money from my account while they have sent me a computerised document saying my phone was covered.However, I called them up saying that I want to cancel the insurance, to which they asked me to send a letter to an address in Swansea. I dont remember the address now but I got nothing back from them and now that phone number rings to say wrong number.

• Da
      10th of Aug, 2008

The same thing has happened to myself, I've tryed to call Platinum mp3 as I do Have a problem with my phone now, and what a surprise its the wrong number. What am i surposed to do. I have a phone that doesn't work! These people are sick rippin us off. Something should be done about this, how do they get our numbers anyway? If any one can help please do so.

• Ra
      17th of Sep, 2008

same thing paid money tried to claim no responce on phone no such number or ringing forever platinum mp3 a rip off might phone trading standards to track them down anyone with any update please email me@ rayfernley@yahoo.com

• Iz
      2nd of Oct, 2008

platinum mp3 is called now domway direct, probably they changed their name because it was useless company...
    I had an insrance from platinum mp 3 which is valid till feb 2009, but because I didnt look at this document I purchased another phone insurance from domway direct(new name for platinum mp3), because they said to me, my insurance is going to expired soon.
    then I checked document at home and actually I had it valid till feb 2009... so now I have two insurances.
    I sent a letter, I phoned twice every week for two months and they saying to me they going to send me a cheque for this...
    At the moment I still didnt get that payment. Has anybody was in the similar situation? if yes can You please send any advice...