Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Associates Inc / unhappy patient due to disregard of my feelings

2581 Samaritan Drive, Suite 102San Jose, CA, United States Review updated:
3.55
Phone: (408) 356-4241

To Past, Present & Future possible patients,
I WAS a patient of Dr. Vincent Lepore for my reconstructive surgery who was suppose to have performed a breast lift, breast augmentation, mid-tummy tuck & removal of excessive skin. During my first visit Dr. Lepore & I discussed various sizes & types of implants suitable for my frame. Since, I'm only 5'3" I felt a full "C" or maybe even a small "D" would be more than appropriate for my frame. Dr. Lepore suggested that I should go larger. So during my second consultation with Dr. Lepore I voiced my opinion & desire to stay at the smaller size than Dr. Lepore had suggested and after a long discussion I THOUGHT Dr. Lepore & I came to an agreement of the smaller implants of around 300CC's, or so I thought. After the surgery I was unaware that my wishes were disregarded and that Dr. Lepore went ahead without my permission and injected 500cc's which put me at a "DD" size which I was unaware of until after the bandages were removed.
I'm mow in the process of having to go to another surgeon in order to fix what Dr. Lepore was suppose to do in the first place. I'm now left withone breast larger than the other that also hangs down more than 2 inches lower than the other. I'm also left with large excessive ugly scars to both breasts as well as underneath both my arms. My abdomen still has excessive amounts of loose skin.
I wanted this surgery in order to help boost my confidence since my weight loss. However, since the surgery I have become depressed & I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror without clothes.
I also have to tell you that I'm also a health care provider so I do know how to take care of a person after surgery. But even so I was unable to keep my skin from becoming hypertropic (keloid scarring) which can happen to African Americans as well as Hispanic people if the incision sites are weighed down to much which what happened to mine due to the Dr. Lepore placing the 500cc implants in me. I'm now having back problems from implants being too large and having to go to yet another doctor to not only repair the botched breast augmentation but also to repair my excessive scars. I am now having to get expensive painful injections and topical medications. I'm an extremely unsatisfied ex-patient of Dr. Lepore & would not even recommend him to the enemy, let alone anyone reading this complaint!

Comments

Ma
  7th of Oct, 2008
I am a Registered Nurse and Doctors that do not take patient feelings in to consideration should not practice . I would like to have reconstructive surgery but not with this Dr. I work everyday with doctors and they listen and value the patient opinion one bad compliant will destroy ten good referrals.
Sorry Doctor Lepore You lost my business. And to everyone please research your doctor very careful when planning to have cosmetic surgery. All my sisters in the medical field be aware of doctor pressuring you with their opinions.
De
  8th of Oct, 2008
I am a registered nurse and I have lost a large amount of weight and I had been looking for someone to perform my surgery but to read these comments, Dr. Lepore is not my Doctor of choice . SORRY doctor, I NEED a doctor to listen to me this is my body and I know what I want . You totally disrespected the young lady's body and disrpected her opionion, yes I am also a Black American. I will tell every sister to look else where that is looking for this type of surgery.
Sc
  21st of Apr, 2009
I had a breast reduction from this Doctor . After the procedure the stitches began to
fall apart and skin was exposed everywhere. I went to Good Samaritan and they paged a surgeon to come and counsel. She stated that the problem occurred because the stitches were done incorrectly furthermore she stated that I would need laser scar reduction services after I heal. I continued to see her but after Dr. Lepore got wind of it the two doctors spoke and she refused to see me. I ended up at the hospital and after conveying to the ER doctor I did not want to see Dr. Lepore he paged him.
The Doctor cam while I was medicated from the pain. He Performed a debridement basically pealing away skin and now I look like a monster. Instead of just taking me to the OR and doing the job all over I have thick ugly permanent scarring. I need a surgeon that can fix my botched job.
Your also very right he does not listen.
Tr
  10th of Sep, 2009
I got breast implants and lipo from Dr. Lepore, afterwards one breast was noticeably larger than the other (people looking at clothed pictures of me could tell). The lipo was so-so, I was not terribly impressed with the results.

As for him not listening to his patients, I agree, but that's another story in itself.