PlasmaHouse.com / Product never shipped

Product never shipped after bank account debited. Going on 5 months since I purchased a plasma TV from Plasmahouse.com Plasma House 1845 Coney Is. Ave., Brooklyn, NY, (sales AT plasmahouse.com). At first contact attempt sales rep. stated "shipping dept" put him on hold and was probably on backorder. Subsequent email, mail, and phone contact attempts proved unsuccessful. Similarly, complaints to BBB and NY Attorney General's websites were nonproductive. Don't be fooled by comparison websites where accomplices give 100% positive ratings. I also recommend potential buyers do a search using the business address to determine what other names these companies use to TAKE YOUR MONEY. If they're not going to ship it, they shouldn't take your order and money.

Gr

Comments

• Hd
      19th of Nov, 2007

As a follow-up to this complaint, I will share a similar story about this very fraudulent operation. The same exact thing happened. A TV was ordered, and the credit card was charged before the TV shipped. Worse, we were informed they did not even have the TV in stock, after advertising they did. Countless hours on hold, and waiting to talk to managers have had no results.

Here is the most interesting part. Living in NY, I decided to go to both the Coney Island Ave address AND the 481 Kings Hwy address which are referenced in the BBB writeup. I happened to go the Kings Hwy address first, as on the plasmahouse website list it as the "prime location". There I found a TV store, under a little bit of construction with an entirely different name than those listed on the BBB. There I encountered 3 young gentlemen who said they "just opened up" and knew nothing about Plasmahouse, Estore, or any of the companies listed on the BBB. They did ask a lot of questions, about what state the purchase was made, what model TV, etc. But they flat denied they were plasmahouse or the others. So we left with a weird sense of being flat out lied to. We moved on to the Coney Island address. There was basically nothing there but an entrance to an apt brownstone with a 1st floor closed store, and 2 residential apts above it. The 1st floor apt/store was closed down and boarded. We rang the bell for one of the other apts and someone came down and talked with us. They said the ESTORE was the company located on the 1st floor but they moved. The person said they moved to, guess where, (481) Kings hwy, where we just were. They knew because a water cooler delivery had to get rerouted to the new address. Further, she said the people living there were young guys, matching the description of the people we just saw at 481 Kings Hwy.

So its pretty clear, that these thieves are still in business at Kings Hwy and are denying any relationship to Plasmahouse, E-Store, etc despite the still current websites reference to that address. I did not return to confront them again, because by that time the store was closed.

I am considering getting the police involved but would it would help to know how many other people they have flat out robbed to make it worth the while of the police. Fraud and theft are certainly some serious offenses.

I would also not be surprised if they create a new website with a new name to continue in their fraudulent operations.

Good luck , you will need it if you do business with these guys.