Planetfitness.com / employee

1 Phenix City, AL, United States Review updated:

June 20, 2018

I went to the gym today with my sister and son. We go to this gym at least 3 times a week and we love it their. The employees are helpful and always willing to help. Well today I had a racist incident. I signed the log sheet for the hyrdomassage and asked for two coins need for the massage chair. No problem. The nice ladies at the desk said ok and we proceed to the hydromassage and massage chair rooms. Well the hydro massage chair (people...all white memebers had just finish with chair 3 and 4 and chair 1 had an older man about to finish with his hydromassage whom she accidentally cut off his chair by mistake and had to restart)

My sister went to ask the ladies to start the hydromassage chairs and while this was going on another woman asked for the 2nd hydomassage chair..oh let me mention this lady was black just like my family and I and Brandi thought we were all together. I guess too many blacks in one place.

Brandi (Plant Fitness Employee)comes in and the first thing she says to me is, "Are you a black card member?" I asked her why would you ask me that? I guess because I am black and Im not supposed to be back their using their equipment. I told her I was offened by the question and the fact I asked her to do her job. Once we were done, I went to give back the 2 coins we did not use for the massage chairs to another employee because I was too upset to stay, I asked him to let Brandi know that not all black people are related. He tried to explain (of course he tried he was white) But I told him don't worry about it as I was walking away and Brandi had the nerve to say, " She is not going to listen". Last time I check I was the customer paying her salary. She never said, " I'm sorry if I offended you". And I told her she offended me. I guess at Planet Fitness(in Phenix City, Al) white is write.

La
Jun 20, 2018

Comments

• Fi
      20th of Jun, 2018

I do not know if this is a troll complaint or a real one.

But if this is real. When you were asked if you were a black card member, it had nothing to do with the colour of your skin. A black card member pays more for membership, and gets special benefits. I don't know exactly but from doing some research I believe that two of the benefits are

- You are allowed unlimited access to the sauna
    - You are allowed to bring a guest.

The question had nothing to do with your skin colour. She did nothing offend you and should not apologize. Maybe the reason that she asked you this is because you can only use the equipment if you had the special membership. But I think you already knew this and posted this review for entertainment purposes.

• Su
      20th of Jun, 2018

@First Born Triplet I agree. She asked if you were a member as she didn’t recognize you as a member. If she lets in anyone, her job is on the line. I doubt she’d ask if you were black. Black CARD member, yes, but otherwise, can’t she see your color?

23rd of Jun, 2018

@SubSquirrel That is why this is a fake complaint.

• Su
      20th of Jun, 2018

Please let this be a troll complaint! It is scary to think that someone could be this ignorant.

23rd of Jun, 2018