PlanetDVDStore / pirated counterfeit DVD's from China

United States, New York, Auburn Review updated:
36 perry St
I recently ordered what I thought to be the original copies of old TV shows I liked and what I got was garbage!!!
One of the shows I ordered was the tv show 2guys and a girl & the odd couple they are of the poorest quality I can't believe it. These were copied from the TV, one of which was recorded from the WE channel (it shows the channel logo at the bottom right hand side of the program. The copies are gritty, grainy, some will not play in the DVD player, what a rip off. What a waste of money!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE!!!

More PlanetDVDStore Complaints & Reviews

N  25th of Feb, 2009 by

PlanetDVDStore - return address ??

Does anyone have a return address i can use to send the lousy DVDs back?
We can file a complaint with the credit card if we just ship their lousy DVDs back to them! thanks
N  25th of Feb, 2009 by

PlanetDVDStore - Bad DVDs

Return Address ?? If anyone has a return address for these losers - even from the shipping label - we can get our money back from the credit card just by sending the ripoff DVDs back to china, keeping the return receipt, and then filing a claim with the credit card. Please post the return address from the shipping label, i have lost mine. thanks !!
A  26th of Feb, 2009 by
Same experience. I would suggest that you go ahead and initiate a chargeback anyway. Get the ball rolling so to speak. Print copies of their return policy off their website which guarantees your satisfaction or money back and send it in with your other documentation as well as how you attempted to contact them for a return address and was ignored. The CC providers only require you to attempt to come up with a resolution with the vendor. If they are ignoring you, drop the hammer on them.

I still have my lable, but it is written in Chinese. If I could find someone to translate it, I would mail the crap DVD's back to them tomorrow at my loss if I had to. I should have just refused the package when they delivered it. I had a bad feeling about this...
A  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
They do not answer any e-mail even a friendly one! They are crooks so they do not care.No address etc Why isn't the FBI Copyright Section not looking into this fraud...? How can they operate stealing copyright freely like that? Plus it is a customer fraud operation on the net... I do not understand how they can selle that junk under false advertisement and keep on going... I hope someone will report them to the FBI... I am a Canadian and have been sold a worthless box-set of «Simon and Simon», and I can't even play one single cd or episode... Don't buy anything from these people! Lucien.
A  4th of Mar, 2009 by
I also have a complaint they sent the wrong DVD something I did not even order. How can we get our money back ?
N  9th of Mar, 2009 by
My label is written in Chinese also; please contact the US postmaster fraud division, we need to put these guys out of business in the US
N  11th of Mar, 2009 by
Thanks to all of you for your warnings. I wrote an e-mail asking about ordering by telephone but have not yet received an answer. I was interested in the complete DVD set of the "Dark Shadows" TV series for only $199.95, more than half the price of every other source. If it sounds too good to be true, it is!
N  18th of Mar, 2009 by
I have the company phone number, but beware they are very rude, obviously they deal with angry people all day. I also was completely angry after my love boat dvd's came dubbed off of TV land complete junk (the ones that played) and little house also complete junk came all scratched, hand numbered in pen, cases crushed. File a fraud charge with your credit card and call the company, I got a refund in about 10 days. They don't want to pay the penalty from the credit card co. The China address they give you to return the garbage, is not a valid address so save your postage fee. By the way I was refunded the full amount including my shipping. Could not believe it. I thought I was out the money for sure. Keep calling until you get their attention. They will never return your call or email. The number my credit card co gave me is 1-778-282-8099 Good luck. I can't believe this is legal!!!
N  23rd of Mar, 2009 by

PlanetDVDStore - SCAM
British Columbia
Phone: 778-282-8099

CALLED 778-282-8099, IN BC, CANADA.
anybody gets satisfaction, lemme know.
N  24th of Mar, 2009 by
I ordered what was suppose to be a complete series of the old TV show "Al in the Family", instead I was sent homemade cd's with a few episodes on each. Because they were homemade copies the sound and episodes are screwed up and some of them won't play. Do NOT order anything as you can not find anything on being able to return products after you have purchased them. You do receive a conformation e-mail and when you order it says you can return items, but when you actually go to find out how to go about returning there is no place to do so. Don't waste your money. I learned the hard way.
N  25th of Mar, 2009 by
I bought "Relic Hunter" DVD series.
I pay with my cerdit card.
and I never received DVD
I send several email
without any response.

I hope you do not make the same mistake as me.
this cost 105$
N  26th of Mar, 2009 by

PlanetDVDStore - wrong order scam

I recently ordered The 1960's Batman Tv series from this place. I feel I have definately been scammed! They took all kinds of credit card info. and sent a confirmation email stating they mailed my order. However I did not order the DVD they said they sent! Cannot contact them. They will not return emails. What do I do?also found out they are familydvd, and other names I cannot remember at this moment!
N  7th of Apr, 2009 by

PlanetDVDStore - gunsmoke
Phone: 17782828099

ordered gunsmoke 3-08-09-never got an email returned--OR the order---i want my 170.00 refunded !!!--complete THIEVES and no help on this end
A  7th of Apr, 2009 by
complete ###s! should be next to madoff in prison---took me for 170.00 and these ###s STILL have a selling website---whats WRONG here?!!!
N  7th of Apr, 2009 by
N  15th of Apr, 2009 by
Refuses to respond to emails, slow service, and lousy quality DO NOT BUY from them.
A  17th of Apr, 2009 by
I agree because I am in the same situation here. I ordered the complete set and they charged 164.00 to my credit card and I have not received anything. I did get emails saying that they got my payment and that I would be receiving my shipment between 7-10 business days. I ordered it on 3/30/09 and it has been more then the 7-10 business days and nothing yet. I do not get any responses to my emails. I belong to a good Credit Union so getting my money back will not be a problem but they should not be getting away with this. What can we do. Let me know and I will gladly do my part.
A  18th of Apr, 2009 by
Thank goodness I took my friend Matthew's advice and googled 'planetdvdstore scam" as he suggested!! He told me the other week to do that with any internet store I was concerned with...THANK YOU, Matthew!!! it just saved me a few hundred dollars... I was seriously thinking of purchasing a re-loadableVisa just for this transaction as they do not accept anything else -- bad thought, Pamela!!! I intended to purchase the Dark Shadows set, Remington Steele, McHale's Navy and Dr. Kildare (I reckon seeing a Lew Ayres movie still in place of Richard Chamberlain and Raymond Massey from the ACTUAL TELEVISION SHOW ...gee what WAS I thinking...should have put the bee in the bonnet a lot sooner) ... my complete and very heart-felt sympathies to all those of you having already suffered a bad fate at the of this sort of trash ... there are enough hard-working, well-meaning people in the world to make purchases from!! Honest vendors that I take my hat off to, and to all of you who have paid a dear price for trusting these others instead. I truly was 'one of the lucky ones' to find out in time!! As I wrote to PlanetDVDstore just earlier today and stated...'fully 75% of good customer service is being a good customer...' regarding trying to reach them in a civilised way through email which was valid enough to register, but now my email comes back as invalid and unable to use...excuse me?!? Wonder if they will ignore my message this time as they have done before... Hmmmmm...Thank You to Complaintsboard for being there!!! and just WAIT until Matthew hears the happy news! He can help me warn others, and believe me it will be done. Thank you all again for sharing your experiences for the benefit of this 'newbie' I am truly appreciative beyond all. Pamela Wissinger Windber, PA
N  21st of Apr, 2009 by

PlanetDVDStore - Returns

Isn't there a way you can use the tracking number on the package you receive to see where it came from. I'm sure the UPS or USPS people would be happy to try. I just emailed to cancel the order i placed yesterday once I saw that their website was down. There's something not quite right about having your credit card charged and then the company's website getting deleted!!!
N  22nd of Apr, 2009 by

PlanetDVDStore - Fraud
Phone: 778-282-8099

I had order the complete series of "Rawhide" for my dad for his birthday Monday. I decided to research the company and that's when I found this site. I imediately tried to go to their website to cancel the order, but, low and behold, their website was down. I emailed them several times to no avail. I contacted my bank (I used my debit card) and they found their phone number and I called this morning and had them cancel my order. The man I talked to said he'd send the info to the billing department and I should see my paid amout back in my checking account in 5-10 days. We shall see.