PlanetDVD.com / Never sent product

I placed an order with this company for a DVD series collection on March 23, 2009. I went back to check on the status of my order and found the account I had set up was deleted. I contacted the company via their online site and through direct reply to my confirmation email about my order. They replied with a brief note saying my order was processed and shipped. In their response the DVD collection they claim to have sent is not what I ordered. I have sent numerous inquiries about my order with no replies.

I wish I had read more about this company before I placed my order. I am very dismayed and out 164 dollars. I will find out what action needs to be taken on the part of my credit card company and hopefully I can get this resolved.

Tim Slusser

N  25th of Mar, 2009 by

PlanetDVD.com - bait and switch
Planet DVD Store

This outfit has ads on multiple webpages when I searched for my favorite 1970s series. The ads offer "75% off" for a limited time, and link to the product order page, but the website says, and is, "50% off" (I did the math). No response to multiple emails. (No, no responses in my junk folder, either.)

After reading other's complaints here, I started looking closer at the website. Nowhere is there any indication of where this company is located. No phone number, no city, no state, not even what country (although one FAQ asks if they ship "outside the United States").

Their FAQs claim the DVDs are "Region-free, " claiming they will play on "99% of all DVD players." When I Googled this concept, I found a lot of ads for hacking DVDs to remove security/copying protection.

I'm going to stop trying to place that order for the 75% off item, now that I've read all the "non-playing DVD" complaints here on this site, combined with the non-response I experienced and the lack of location and contact information. Thanks to everyone who posted on this!
A  6th of Apr, 2009 by
I paid for 7 Malcom In The Middle DVDs on 11/03/2009, They were dispatched on the 31/03/2009 from China, When they arrived I found that they have sent me 7 amature ripp off copies placed in a VHS case.
A  8th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I'm sending the same message because that site is not good and they are not answering any messages. You will receive you package but i's a fake and you see green spot and white line in the dvd. They are copy and it's a fake company that's coming from China and there are no adress toreturn anything. It's the worse site i ever order from and i would like that nobody would be caught like me.
A  14th of Apr, 2009 by
we purchased a dvd from this site. We rcvd the package from China and when weopened it we found that the series had been recorded straight from tv. We also never received the second dvd that was ordered. It was a painfully expensive lesson to learn about ordering from the internet. Now there has been no response from them.
N  14th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I bought 2 different sets of DVD series, for my wife and I, assuming (badly in hindsight), that I would get Valid Copys of the shows. We received 1 set of a show called ED, while the case did not appear overly bad, we popped in the first dvd, it took us to a generic MENU, that said 1, 2, 3, 4 we selected 1, and when the "Show" started, i laughed, it was Copied from TBS. I should have known that when the pacakge came from China, I was in trouble. we put in another dvd, and they were copies (not even good, looked like it was on a TV set with Antenna reception) from a local TV Station, someone just copied them from a VHS or something, THIS Is a RIP-OFF, i paid 165 for 2 sets, only got 1, and that one was a complete violation of any laws that we have.

Guess i should have researched them a bit more, but i was excited that i would get the sets in a week for 2 shows that are hard to find as complete sets.

Robert Jung
N  14th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Hello I had some doubts my self. I got a phone number if you'd like to have it. I have not received the product yet because my credit card has accepted the charge yet.
N  22nd of Apr, 2009 by
My package did arrive from China, but it was not the DVD series that I ordered and because there was no return address I am unable to return the product. An expensive lesson learned. I just hope others are not taken in by this company.
A  30th of Jul, 2009 by
I was also ripped off when I ordered two different series and they arrived in a VHS case. These are complete and total garbage. There is no doubt these are pirated copies of american shows.
A  10th of Sep, 2009 by
i ordered the avangers once in july of 09 and still no replie. then in augest of 09 i ordered this series a seciond time and still got nothing... after hearing the complaints i wont order anything from this company again. i got land of the land of the giants and friday the 13th and dont understand why im not getting this.