Planet Mobility/Worldwide Seating / sending unworking scooters, fraud and neglect

1 15954 Technology DrShelby Township, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-465-4387

Planet Mobility/World Wide Seating is doing bad business. I have recently investigated on the internet and wish I would have done so before. As there are many reports on this company the same as mine. They don't follow through on anything, don't return calls or emails, and promise you anything you want to hear but them they neglect you.

We ordered a Easy Travel Elite handicap scooter online and gave them our credit card number. They charged our card twice under 2 different company names. They shipped the scooter months later than promised and lied to us on the phone multiple times. When we did receive the scooter it was the wrong model. We had it shipped back at their request. The right scooter was shipped, again very late and neglectful. I called many times and got promises from Stacy, Michael Woods the owner, and others. All lies. When the right scooter got here, it was broken. The carton was damaged because of the way it was packaged to begin with. The key would turn on but the scooter motor would sieze up. Now these scooters are not new to us. I have had one for years and know all the ins and outs. We asked for UPS to pick up this scooter and Planet Mobility promised us a return COD label which they never came through with. In the meantime we ordered a part for our old scooter and they had shipped that at the same time. When it came it was just thrown in a box with no protection and was jostled around. Mind you this is an electrical componet. So when we plugged it in, it did not work either. We are totally frustrated. So now, they ignore us, do not take our calls and have not shipped the right scooter again or replaced the broken part. This company acts inappropriately for the consumer and has charged my credit card fraudulently! We have called the credit card company to reverse the charges. All we want is a scooter that works. I love this scooter. They are the only manufacturer in the US having just bought out the rights from the original owner. How can they treat handicap people so badly and take advantage of them? There are terrible companies out there and this is one.

Comments

• Ri
      23rd of Jun, 2009

Well, where to begin? We ordered some equipment from Planet Mobility which started us down our path of frustration and fear of losing quite a bit of money. We waited the 8 wks for the expected delivery time to our surprise at no knock at the door. Picked up the phone and made the call.
    It took two weeks to even get them to take our calls without a half hour wait on hold. Spent another two weeks their receptionist telling us Mr. Woods was either busy, in the warehouse, in a meeting, on a conference call, and several other excuses that escape me at the time.

Then spent a week with Mr. Woods telling us he doesn't know what happened to our order and that he would be working on it to find out what happened. At the end of the week he told us that he was sorry for what happened and would refund our money.
    Mr. Woods' apology would come to be very painful to the ears and the heart because he says it alot. Every time we spoke to him he would forget who we were and what issues we were trying to work with him. Again apologies for this.

Atfter two months of him telling us that the check was in the mail, started regular mail first then UPS, we spent a lot of time checking the mail box and waiting outside for UPS truck to show up...little surprise that neither ever showed up.

After my patience had worn thin I called the local Shelby police department and explained my problem and the LT that I talked to was very familiar with Mr. Woods and then they called him. This prompted Mr. Woods to FINALLY return our calls and then proceed to threaten us with filling bankruptcy and we would never see our money. He was extremely upset. I wish I could have heard his conversation with the police. Seriously.

At any rate, he did finally send us a check via UPS which for some reason took about a week for overnight mail. We then immediately went to the bank to process the check to our surprise it bounced. YAY for more frustration. We then called Mr. Woods back to inform him of what happened and wouldn't you know it he apologized again!! And we then spent another month playing its in the mail game again and finally, finally we got a check in the mail again.

we then went to Bank of America to use his bank and cash the check. they told us not enough funds to cover the check... but they did not process the check... they informed us to call them real quick to see if they can transfer funds to that account. So I did and talked to Dale and he transferred the funds to that account and would you believe it we finally got our money back from them. I took well over 6 months for this whole process. Mike does have a personal line where we were able to get in touch with mr. Woods...586-685-3037..we called several times and after all that...we finally got our money back which was well over 4000.00 dollars...good luck...take care

• Mi
      26th of Aug, 2009

I encountered the exact same problems! This is awful! I am going to the BBB, I enourage everyone to do the same!

• Ka
      24th of Sep, 2009

On October 1st. 2009 Planet Mobility will be under new managment, they have suffered some set back's due to other companies not paying. I urge you all to give them another try after Oct. 1st. and then post your possitive comments. I have kept doing business with them, like other's had a problem but the new Mgr. TEAM has been hired and they are turning thing's around. Mr. Woods is no differnt than other businesses but Planet Mobility can NOT get a bail out, it will take hard work. They will get through these tough times and be better for it, they have been in business for almost 20 year's and there are NO post about the 17 year's of treatingthe customer like a king.
    Karen Nieman

• Cl
      27th of Sep, 2009

I too suffered from being lied to, especially with regard to when my units would be shipped. Finally, I insisted that the company was not operating under good faith, and I had sent them the money (that is another story) in good faith that I would rfeceive my merchandise as they had originally promised. Which wass 5 to 7 days from the date of the order. Of course that didn't happen and after several heated conversations with Mr. Woods he agreed to send the units Fed Ex overnight. Again, it didn't go out on the original day as promised. They did send the two scooters overnight with a Saturday delivery. My husband and I put the first unit together without a hitch. The second one is a different. I knew we were in trouble when we opened the box and realized that we weren't the first person to open that box. Most of the packing material was gone and had remained the the styrofoam was all crumbled. We held our breath and put the unit together and realized that our concerns were justified. The unit didn't work. The battery was charged and working and we tested it on the unit we previously put together. So, now I tried to get into the Planet Mobility and the Wordwide Seating websites can't be accessed. I will try on Monday to get this resolved, but I "m sure I headed for an ulcer before getting this resolved.

Claudette Jones