Planet Fitness / rude service and mean employees

1 MD, United States Review updated:

my husband went to planet fitness a total of two times. The location where he went is not clean at all. The showers were not clean with paint chipping all over them. The machines were not clean after people used them so you saw dried spit and sweat on the machines. When I called to let the location know that my huband will not be coming back because of the unhealty conditions of their fitness center, I was told I would have to pay. That is no problem, but when I went further on to ask about speaking to a manager the man on the phone (mike) was giving me different times to call back and then in a harsh tone state " look lady" and laughing when I told him that was rude. I would advise everyone to be careful joing a fitness area that does not like to treat their customers with respect.

Ka

Comments

• Ra
      9th of Jan, 2010

I GO TO THE SUCCASUNNA, NEW JERSEY LOCATION AND THE EQUIPMENT IS VERY DIRTY AND COVERED WITH DUST EVEYWHERE. I NOTIFIED THE STAFF HERE ABOUT THIS CONDITION MANY TIMES. ONE EMPLOYEE TOLD ME THIS PLACE IS OVERCROWDED AND THERE IS NO TIME TO CLEAN! I HAVE SIMPLE FIX HOW ABOUT CLEANING THIS PLACE AFTER IT CLOSES OR MAYBE THEY JUS T DON'T CARE.

• Kw
      9th of Dec, 2011

My girlfriend and I signed up and were going to Planet for 6 months at the Glen Burnie location in Maryland. The place is in ok shape but could be kept cleaner and needs some maintenance on the machines. There were at least 6 machines out of order for two months. Not sure if they were waiting for parts.

Problem is,

Our relationship ended and I did not want to keep bumping into my ex-gf so I went in to the Planet counter person and told him I wanted to cancel my membership. He was busy on the phone. I told him I could wait until he was finished. He handed me a pen and paper then told me to put my name, address and phone number down. I did this and he said he would take care of it.

Three months went by and the bills kept coming. I thought it just took a few cycles for them to stop the billing. I called them about it but they said I had to go online and send "Corporate" my complaint about the bills that kept coming. I sent a few emails and eventually I received a phone call telling me that they had no info stating that I had cancelled my membership and that I would have to pay the entire amount. I told them that it was not my fault and that I refused to pay it.

Well, in another month I received a pink notice that was from a collection agency. Now the bill was up to $112.00 plus other fees.

I contacted them and I told them I had no intention to pay for it and why. They said it was already put against my credit report. Personally, I do not care what happens here I am not paying it. I told them to take me to court. She laughed and said well its on YOUR credit Report.

I am not my fault and feel this is very un-professional. Even now that my other gym (SNAP Fitness) has closed in my neighborhood I want to go to Planet because its closer and cheaper but I refuse to eat my words so I am going to a place that costs more.
    I am not backing down. SNAP is the cleanest and best kept gym I have been to in Maryland.

- KW.