Planet Fitness Clifton Park NY / obnoxious/rude employee's

Clifton Park, NY, US Review updated:

I was a member of this sleazy club last year. I have been a member of one health club or another for 27 years and never had a problem until joining this establishment. All I can say is you get what you pay for. This club is staffed by the rudest most unprofessional personnel I have encountered in any business. It stemed from me asking if there was a suggestion box. I was going to suggest that management turn off the loud music in the locker room in favor of espn tv which was also on. I felt that all could tolerate that no matter what their musical preference. This request was met by the comment "you got alot of nerve coming up here and being rude". I could not believe what I just heard. Any other club I had been a member of would have fired an employee treating a customer in such a manner. Not only did they not fire him, they revoked my membership and refused to refund my one hundred fifty dollars (pro rated). I still have to go to court over this. These people are unbelieveable and not worthy of the public's business. In reading other complaints elsewhere I can see that this is a corporate mentality not confined to any one market. Please heed the warnings posted on this site and don't become a victim of such vile/rude and unprofessional behavior.

Ap

Comments

• Kd
      Jun 02, 2010

That seems outlandish. People usually respond in kind with how they are treated. All of the people who work there are very nice and have on several occasions entertained my concerns. I'm sure if they called you rude...it must have been because you approached them like you did this forum.

• Ki
      Dec 12, 2010

Ahahahahahaha thats funny. Also very hard to believe. There is obviously a lot to this story that is being left out. It makes far less than zero sense that a business would scold you for wanting to make a suggestion as to how they could enhance your experience at their establishment. If this is how they operated their facility then anyone who even breathed too hard would be coldly asked to leave and possibly even fined. I go there all the time to go tanning and whenever I have had a concern or question they have always treated me with respect and handled the situation with a smile on their face finding a positive solution for all in the end.

Have fun going to court over $150. You'd be better off saving the gas $ going to and from the court house and just finding another gym, or rather working out at home.

• Ri
      Jan 01, 2012

i have had gym memberships for most of the last 30 years, and beyond having purchased several annual relationships with PF/CP (pre-paid, their BEST available deal)...i maintain a lifetime membership with bally's that i have had for decades. i get to a gym three times a week...and alternate between the two as i live somewhere in between (latham).
    i like the staff at PF/CP...i particularly find rachel (who seems to be the 'senior' staff member during my evening workouts) to be more than personable and always helpful...even though i am twice her age. i am the kind of guy who will point out concerns that i believe management would want to know (water on the floor/broken equip/safety issues)...and have never found anything but a willingness to address the issues raised by the facility staff. there does seem to be a lot of socialization going on between the staff and the membership...yet, that is to be expected since they are all in similar age groups (and all much younger than i!).
    my only issue with PF is their inflexibility on the various TV stations they allow to be broadcast on their many flat screens. no yankee or met games, an unwillingness to allow for the viewing of major sporting events, and waaay too much nancy grace and other crap that intelligent people probably wouldn't care much for. i've been told that the stations offered are determined by 'management'...and there is nothing that can be done to affect change in programming offerings.

May 13, 2012