Planet Fitness / continue to deduct money after cancellation letter
First of all, when my girlfriend joined this gym 3 years ago, I went to Virgin because it was cleaner and has better equipment. I had trouble two years back when my girlfriend fell ill. She recieved a letter from the doctor saying she can't do any exercise anymore. When we went to the gym to try cancel the contract they said that even though the had a back condition and they could see she couldn't use the equipment she could still float around in the pool so they would not allow us to cancel the contract.
I then complained on hello peter they contacted me telling me that they have a clause in the contract saying that they do not cancel contracts for any medical conditions and if we want we can sell the contract (which nobody wants to buy)
So anyway, I've paid R6000 over two years for a contract she can't use, it came to the end of the contract, we wrote a letter of cancellation which they told us to do, dropped it off, and as I suspected they say they have lost the letter and continue to debit her account!!!
I'm not surprised, I expected this from you guys.
More Planet Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- Planet Fitness - annual fee charge 
- Planet Fitness - rude staff and manager! 
- Planet Fitness - be careful when quiting this gym! 
- Planet Fitness - freezing membership! 
- Planet Fitness - billing practices 
- Planet Fitness - membership 
- Planet Fitness - customer service and cleanliness
- Planet Fitness - refund request denied
- Planet Fitness - something i'm sure nobody will care about
- Planet Fitness - new staff