Planet DVD Store / frauds!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Do not buy anything from here ! I have made the mistake of doing so with along of many others there is no return address to get a refund or an exchange and most likel;y your going to need one. According to others the items you get from this company either do not play at all or the are bad recording from the television. Do not waste your time or money!!! If anyone has more information on this matter please let me know i feel like i need to take legal action. Gstf7md@hotmail.com

Gs

Comments

• He
      19th of Feb, 2009
    Planetdvdstore / Dvdmania.com - Bootlegged dvds / homemade copies
    planetdvdstore
    China
    planetdvdstore.com

Planetdvdstore.com is a bootlegged dvd maker out of china. Do not buy from these punks period!!!

25th of Feb, 2009
    Planet Dvd Store - DVD
    Planet DVD Store
    Lander
    Wyoming

Dvd of Golden Girls are home made and do not work! This is a scam I think I am out 102.00 for the set that doesn't even work and is home made to boot.

They are a total fraud!

2nd of Mar, 2009

I bought the "Simon & Simon" boxset! It is junk! False adevertisement! This seller is lying and is a crook! Somebody should stop them or sue them! No return address! No answers to e-mails! What I have received is junk: I can't even play one cd, nor one single episode!!! Shame on them! Never buy anything from that seller!

• He
      2nd of Mar, 2009

i spent almost 400.00 and not one set was in viewing condition. ive sent over 20 emails and not gotten even one reply. this is bullcrap. i cant find any way to contact them at all. if anyone else gets further than i have, please let me know. this is alot of money! helenmotencpht@gmail.com

2nd of Mar, 2009

Why can't the FBI who is suppose to protect the copyright of such products (tv shows, movies etc), has not look into this matter? They arrest a kid who makes a couple of copies of films in his basement for his friends, but these people (Planet DVD Store and the other name they operate under) sell by the hundreds and hundreds, and they keep on going freely without any problem from the FBI or any other law agencies that is suppose to protect copyrights? That is totally innaccpetable! And weird! I have bought the box-set «Simon & Simon» from these people and it is crap, junk: I can't even play a single cd, nor a single episode... And the presentation is bootleg junk: bad photocopie of the first season dvd for an illustration on box-set, episodes not in chronological order as advertised, no listing of episodes, loads of commercials and bad sound and image... I could not play that pile of junk cds in any of my 5 dvd players!!! Please do not buy from Planet DVD Store and I hope that an American buyer will call the FBI and report them. I am a Canadian and do not know what to do... I have lost my money and that's it! I have written to these people but never received any answer: and I was not mean with them, I was just asking questions about the stuff they sent me. No answer whatsoever! Be aware! These are crooks and no moral, no ethic etc! (gitanie@sympatico.ca) Lucien.

• Bw
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I wish I would have read your comments prior to purchasing, I bought the Golden Girls and Carol Burnett sets and none will play, and one episode that does is such poor quality. DO NOT EVER BUY FROM THESE JERKS!

• Pa
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Same here there is no # to call all my Mash series skips and they have not responded back to me.Nowit is probally to late for exchange or refund

• Vi
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I wish I had found this page before I had ordered from Planet DVD, I spent $1, 000 (NZ money) & didn't get all the dvds I ordered. How can these ### get away with this. The dvds are rubbish or just don't play. They don't answer emails & there is no return address. I found another website that didn't charge postage & their dvds were cheaper than Planet DVD & they were genuine dvds. I wish I'd never seen Planet DVD, I am so mad at them & losing all that money. Now before ordering on a website I will see if somethings a scam before buying.
    Vicky Clark

• Do
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I bought the 6 season set of Third Watch, the first 6 disks were great. I was leary of bootlegged product and I inititially felt I got a great deal. Then I ran into problems with disk 7 which wouldn't load or play at all. Disk 8 booted up and the title screen looked fine but when I actually ran the show it is a crappy, grainy copy from the A&E channel. Best I can determine charges are made somewhere in Kentucky but the disks had Chinese markings on the label; meaning it was shipped from overseas where US law enforcment has no jurisdiction. I'm not sure what position, if any, Interpol takes on this type of activity. I think we all forgot the adage, Caveat Emptor. Six seasons of a program for 50 bux, it had to be too good to be true, and was. Planetdvd Store is a rip off of product and is ripping off it's customers. DO NOT SHOP AT THIS STORE.

• Br
      4th of Mar, 2009

Bryan Newkirk here Do NOT order anything!!! They have NO NO NO Phone # only E-mails no peerson to talk to

• Br
      4th of Mar, 2009

Bryan Newkirk here Do not buy from these people They have NO NO phone to reach people only E-mails

• Va
      4th of Mar, 2009

I, too, have been conned by this crowd. They offered the full 9 series (200 episodes) of one of my favourite shows- COACH- in "limited edition" on 25 DVDs for a price that turned out to be too good to be true. What I got was 36 DVDs in 2 brittle plastic boxes which didn't survive the journey from China to Ireland. The DVDs were numbered by hand in ballpoint pen! I played the first 3 (15 episodes)and they were just OK but I realised they were recorded direct from TV. The next 1 was too bad to play- the picture was breaking up. I tried the rest of the 36 then and found 7or 8 which were bad or wouldn't play at all. VANTONE, DUBLIN.

• Je
      5th of Mar, 2009

This company is a total sham! I bought the full house box set for my husbands birthday the set came incomplete the box was smashed, sent many emails and nooooo replies! When is this place going to get shut down, im in australia so no way of complaining... I believe in karma and this companies day will come, but in the meantime it was great to get this anger off my chest, i was in tears when i got this box set..

• Fr
      5th of Mar, 2009

Your right, they are a sham. I purchased "Then Came Bronson" Two out of nine disks worked. I was able to rip the disks to my hard drive and re-burn on quality disks. It made them playable, but the quality was still poor as these items are copies off the TV.

I called the credit card company and filed a dispute. At least the charges get reversed.

• La
      7th of Mar, 2009

Just count me in as one more ripped off customer of planet dvd store. Lousy vhs recordings onto dvds. I ordered them in good faith also.

Don't count on the credit card charges being reversed. If the vendor challenges it the credit card companies will just charge you again. It's your word against theirs.

• Ir
      10th of Mar, 2009

I ordered the Twilight Zone definitive colleciton for my husband's birthday. He just picked the order up at that Post Office literally this morning. (3-10-2009) He opened the package to find hand writing on the spine of the disk covers to denote the volumes, the disks are two-toned on the back, meaning there is still space on these disks. The disks have been bootlegged. Oh yeah, the package came from CHINA!! I thought I ordered something from Canada. Then I read the fine print on the web site & they said that they outsource their products, but do everything they can to ensure quality. N O T!! Now, what are the odds that we can get our money back for unsatisfactory services and products?? Don't make the same mistake I did!!!

10th of Mar, 2009

HERE IS THE LINK TO THESE CROOKS. http://www.planetdvdstore.com/ THEY LOOK LEGIT BUT THEY ARE SELLING JUNK. I BOUGHT WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE COMPLETE SERIES OF PUNKY BREWSTER. WHEN I RECEIVED IT, I NOTED THE PACKAGE LOOKED STRANGE AND I SAW THE DVDS LATER NUMBERED BY A BALL POINT PEN. THE ART WORK IS PHOTO COPIED AND SO IS THE ART WORK ON THE DVD.

WHEN I TRIED THEM, I NOTICED THAT THE MAIN MENU WAS HOME MADE. I THEN SELECTED THE FIRST EPISODE AND FOUND IT TO PLAY BUT WITH SLP QUALITY LIKE AN OLD VHS.

I'VE TRIED TO EMAIL THEM SEVERAL TIMES SINCE LAST WEEK AND I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE. THESE GUYS ARE NOTING BUT A BUNCH OF CROOKS AND THE FBI SHOULD LOOK INTO STOPPING THEM. THEY'RE SHIPPING FROM CHINA USING OUR USPS, THERE SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF WAY TO TRACK THEM DOWN.

I WILL TRY TO MENTION THESE FRAUDS ONLINE, IN PERSON, AND ANYWAY I CAN THINK OF, SO THAT SOMETHING CAN BE DONE. I HOPE ALL VICTIMS DUE TOO.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT ALFSTERT@MSN.COM

10th of Mar, 2009

EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN A VICTIM SHOULD FILE A COMPLAINT HERE.

• Po
      10th of Mar, 2009

Glad I googled this site before purchasing the Designing Women Complete set. Thank you all who posted a complaint. Hopefully you will recieve your money back & the site gets shut down.