Planet DVD / Bootleg/pirated/ Fake DVDs

1 Austria Review updated:

On April 6th of 2009, I was on Ebay... found the website for Planet DVD (www.PlanetDVDstore.com)... went to the site... registered and ordered 3 complete DVD Television series (The Wonder Years $39.95, The High Chapperell $59.95, Malcolm In the Middle $49.95), paid online via my Mastercard... I was sent on April 6th, an email from, support@PlanetDVDStore.com, that my order was received and being reviewed for processing... On April 7th, I was again sent an email from, support@PlanetDVDStore.com, that my payment had been received and my order had been processed, and being sent to the fulfillment dept. and shipped, that I could expect it in 10-14 business days. On April 8th, I was yet again sent an email, but this time from, planetdvd33@gmail.com, stating how great it was for me to order from them and they gave me an Order number and the Order amount of $176.82. They said and I quote "Statement on your credit card would appear as ultimatedvdserie". They said if i had any question regarding the order, do not hesistate to "reply me with questions". The English writing was a clear indication to me, that something was up... It stated that I should receive the Order in 8-12 days... anyway On April 23rd, I received another letter from, support@PlanetDVDStore.com again... stating "You have received this notification from us because you are a registered user or you or some other registered user requested some information for you from our store"... it also said that my order had been shipped... gave me 9+12 day del. info... then at the bottom of the letter gave me the info that it will be delivered in 10-14 days... They also put "VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: If the Post Office is unable to Deliver your package, they will HOLD your DVD's at the nearest Post Office for Pick-Up. A Notification will be left or you can check the DETAILED TRACKING for updates".
I received 2 packages from Qingdao China via EMS, on April 28th, with tracking numbers on them both, but no customs forms ... The original office either name or location is in Chinese. It was listed on the EMS document on both boxes as a "Gift/Accessory", therefore Austrian customs would not open or hinder it in anyway... The value on both packages was listed under $12. One package was sent to Austrialia first... What had happened, and I am guessing is that someone in the "sales office" in the USA, sent the info to their contacts in China, The "Contacts" in China got my address wrong, and the package went to AUSTRALIA(stamped on EMS sheet on 19th of April), the postal office(s) there in AUSTRALIA put in big black word "TRY AUSTRIA", and I received the packages on the 28th of April per date stamped by the Postal office here in Austria. I was shocked to know that first I was receiving something from China... as I normally get online things from Amazon USA or U.K. or Ebay from people that I have dealt with in the past, and I have a history with... This one time I went onto this site... I thought I was receiving DVD's from an American outlet... I was shocked to see it was China, and I looked at the product... and knew instantly that I had been taken "BOOTLEG" city... television broadcast from Hallmark television channel 9... stayed on the disks from High Chapperell... and at the end, the announcer would announce the next show... as if I were watching t.v... 1 episode did not work at all... and I have not looked at the other 50 disks... The onther series are the same RIP OFF BOOTLEG copies made diretly from television... Miraculously the payment has not been debited to my Mastercard as of May 2, 2009... I will call my credit card company bright and early on Monday morning to reprot this... and hopefully I caught it in time... I have no charges off my credit card yet... But to think that they now have my CC number and access code to the credit card is scary to say the least...
Shelia Reiter

More Planet DVD Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pl
      22nd of Apr, 2009
    Planet DVD - Pirate DVDs, poor quality, no response
    DVD Mania, LLC
    planetdvdstore.com

I was also ripped off, with DVDs ripped straight from TV, 5 DVDs missing from a "boxed set" (DVDs thrown in a video tape box: they call this a "boxed set"). 3 DVDs in the same set scrambled & unviewable, poor quality, and they answer NO EMAILS OR RESPOND TO ANYTHING ON THEIR SITE. I am complaining to every agency possible, and want them put out of business.

• Mr
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I would expect more from a company selling pirated DVD's. Shame on them! If they're going to provide such a service they should take more pride in satisfying their customers.

• Di
      7th of May, 2009
    Planet DVD - false advetising
    Planet dvd

dvd's very cheap, copied from the tv, placed in cheap plastic envelopes numbered by hand, photocopied labels, all stuffed in a cheap plastic vhs case to be shipped. since it came from china, it was cracked. was advertised as being packaged by season with an authentic dvd case and picture, but this could've been better made by a 7 year old.

• Fa
      20th of May, 2009

I actually have some phone numbers for the lousy company: 647-722-9393 and 647-477-3766. You can talk to somebody, but it won't help much. Dispute the charges on your credit card and keep an eye on future bills. They billed me using 3 different company names...

• Da
      20th of Jul, 2009
    Planet DVD - Inferior Product
    Planet DVD
    Ontario
    Canada

I too purchased a box set of TV programs and they were from China. Taped off the television and very poor quality!

This company is a complete fraud! Do not order from them!

If there's anything else I can do to help get this "so called company" out of business, please let me know!

Thanks!

• Ji
      27th of Oct, 2009
    Planet DVD - poor quality discs and refusal to refund money
    planet dvd
    United Kingdom

i ordered a set of dvds namely voyage to the bottom sea payed nearly £80.00 pound for them when they turned up terrible copies and awful picture obviously been copied from the television contacted planet dvd told to return them with a promise of a refund which i have never had, was promised several times of a refund but still am waiting that was nearly three months ago my e, mails are now being ignored please stay away from them