plan3d / charged for product and was unable to download

1 VA, United States Review updated:

This company took my cc info and charged me . Went to the website to download and it is a total scam. You are running in circles on the web site. I finally realized that the install prompts are fake.

Comments

1st of Jul, 2010

I spent over 10 hours trying to 'intall' this program after purchasing. 10 hours of being lead through a maze of 'solutions' to the problem I was having. I may not be a computer genius but I am certainly not stupid when it comes to figuring things out either.
    There is no number to call but an email to 'Michael' President of Plan3d is answered within 12 hours. My email explained that I spent hours trying EVERYTHING suggested on his site ... the return email from Plan3d leads me to step number ONE, stating that he was sorry I overlooked this simple step .. ARE YOU KIDDING ... This program downloaded a TROJAN virus (which steals private information). A second email from the owner was condesending to say the least ... so, here's the deal the way I believe it operates:
    1) You purchase the program
    2) Have problems installing it
    3) It leads you through a maze of suggestions which of course you follow in an effort to use the program you just paid for
    4) A trojan is attached which of course readsyour private information
    5) By the time you ralize this program is not going to work and has already corrupted your system ... too late.
    6) Your payment is taken and god help you if you don't clean out your account before someone else does.

• Ga
      16th of Dec, 2011

I think you just had problems with your computer. I've been using plan3D for years and have never had a proble - although I had to update my video card one time. I've renewed my membership with them several times. I even accidentally signed up twice one time and they refunded the second charge without a problem.

I think you're just pissed off at your computer and need to vent somehow. I think revenge is great - except when it isn't true.

Why didn't you ask them for a refund? I think you may have issues beyond what you say. Doesn't make sense.