Plan Plus / unauthorized charges

1 2700 W. Plano ParkwayPlano, TX, United States Review updated:

A promotional coupon offer was made when I purchased RightSize by phone. I declined the offer and have received nothing in the mail. Only when reviewing some recent credit card bills did I realize I was being charged $13.95 a month. This has gone on for over a year and I didn't catch it because my husband usually takes care of the credit card bill payment. I also had no coupons of any kind and no "membership" information to tip me off that I was receiving a "benefit." This is a scam--pure and simple. This company must be stopped! The clerk I spoke with today was very rude as well.

Be

Comments

• Ca
      18th of Feb, 2009

After ordering Smooth Away hair removal kit that does not work I noticed that Savings2Go was taking money out of my bank account once or twice periodically. It stopped after I returned the Smoothaway kit by mail and so far never received a refund of $60.

Today I checked my account and saw they took $14.95 out of my account. I didn't know I was a member and when I went to the website listed on this report I couldn't find any email address for customer service, only a phone number I also listed here. I emailed my online bank and told them about this company being a fraud and please take them off the automatic payment if they could. I also gave my bank their phone number which is different from the one I listed. The other # is 1-800-448-1944. I am gonna call the first number and request them to stop taking money out of my bank account today. This company needs to be exposed for being a rip off scam and put out of business ASAP.

27th of Feb, 2009

I discovered unauthorized charges from my checking account for $14.95 by Savings2Go. When I tried to log on to their site, the site didn't exist.

13th of Mar, 2009

Try this sight... www.S2Gomembers.com that is the sight you would need not savings2go..

• Je
      18th of Mar, 2009

You actually did authorize it, through ordering something from an infomercial...we got hit when we ordered a shamwow, other people for wonderhangers, etc. go back to the website where you ordered it and read the fine print at the bottom. it'll clear everything up for you.

• To
      24th of Mar, 2009

I believe my situation started when I ordered a set of wonderhangers off the infomercial we all see on tv. I went online and ordered my hangers. All was fine and dandy until my credit card was charged. I ordered two sets of hangers which came with two sets of processing & handling fees @$7.95 each. Problem is...they charged me $15.90 in P&h fees for each set of hangers. I considered filing an inquiry with my cc company, but decided to bite the bullet and take it as a lesson...Buyer Beware! To my surprise, I did actually receive my hangers albeit much later than the 4-6 weeks they say it will take. When I noticed the charge on my cc, I did try & contact wonderhanger about the overcharge on the p&h...but the # they give you to call is nothing more than a recorded message telling you 'all reps are assisting other customers'. I have 'holded' on the line for over 30 minutes. You never get to speak to a real person. It is impossible to dispute anything when you order this product.

This leads to my problem with Savings2go & Planplus. I noticed just yesterday(1/24/09) two new charges on my cc for $14.95 each. One from Savings2go and one from PlanPlus. I immediately know something is wrong as I have never even heard of these two companies. The only thing I have ordered with this cc is the wonderhangers (mentioned above) and a Mp3 player from Sony.com. Sony is legit & secure - they charged me exactly what they said I would be charged and sent the product promptly.

Researching these two companies on the internet led me to this site. It sounds like I am in the same boat as many others. What they are doing HAS TO BE ILLEGAL. I never authorized anyone to charge my cc for the services of these two companies let alone have I spoken to anyone to order these services. I have never visited any website and signed up for these services. I have tried calling the #s listed for these two companies, but since it is the weekend all I get is a message telling me there office hours are M-F blah blah blah. 1-800-448-1944 is S2go # and 1-888-527-2589 is PlanPlus #.

I did online inquiries thru my cc website this morning for both charges. It is an AMEX card. Aflter completing the inquiries for both charges this is the word for word response I received from AMEX -'This merchant is enrolled in our Quick Service Program. In some cases, in order to expedite service, during your visit, they are not required to obtain an authorization, signature, or provide itemization for this purchase. Therefore, the only form of support available was provided at the time the charge was incurred.' - They go on to say if I wish to pursue the inquiry further to call them. That is exactly what I am going to do as I have noticed from other peoples complaints about Savings2go and Planplus is that they will continue to charge my cc monthly.

This is absolutely ridiculous stuff like this can happen. I will update my story after speaking to Amex by phone about this. I'll be sure to give them a piece of my mind regarding their 'Quick Service Program' that allows merchants to charge a consumers cc without authorization. This is complete fraud what Savings2go and PlanPlus did...Amex says they offer 100% fraud protection. We'll see. I will close my account if they do not remove these charges and prevent any further charges to occur without my authorization.

• Be
      25th of Mar, 2009

Here there is some story about ordering something online and you were automatically enrolled in this "membership program".
    That is how you got enrolled and how they get your card information to charge you for your membership.
    I contacted the number provided to me by my card company 800-448-1944. (Please feel free to call this number, you don't need your member ID, the pull up the info by you home phone number that you provided when placing an online order).
    That is how I got this information. I was told by the customer service rep that my "membership" has been cancelled and a refund will be issued to my card for the $14.95, but couldn't say how long it would take to reflect on my account, it varies by bank.
    I was also told that they have been sending me information about this for the "savings" and advised him that I never received it. I also advised that I never heard of them until the charges were submitted on my account.
    Ironically, the next day (today), I finally get someting in the mail from them.

It's a pre-approved Life Insurance policy, which of course will automatically be charged to the card number they have on file once they receive the signed copy back from me.

What a savings! I get charged for them sending me a life insurance policy and nothing else!

• Am
      1st of Apr, 2009

I called the 1-800 number, pressed 8, and finally was able to speak with someone. The account is under a telephone number I supposedly gave on the internet when I ordered a product from TV. I was able to find out exactly what date the "membership" started, and narrowed it down to either Bendaroos or Smoothaway. One of those product's website is tied into this scam. So when you're entering your credit card number, you automatically sign up without knowing for this savings2go membership. I cancelled my "membership" right away and they refunded me for one month. We're just lucky that we only lost 2 months worth. I feel sorry for the people that don't realize this is even happening to the. So just to let you know... don't order products off the TV web upsale way. I am reporting this to the Better Business Bureau now.

9th of Apr, 2009

Savings2Go.com withdrew 14.95 from my checking account. Without my permission and they have made my checking account overdrawn.

• La
      15th of Aug, 2009

I just found out unauthorized charges to my credit for a membership that I do not recall, and I did not receive any kind of information at all.
    When I contact their customer service representative, she indicates that they can only cancel the membership, and they will only refund the last month of charges, otherwise I have to send a request to their headquarters.
    This is a scam!!!

• Va
      4th of Nov, 2009

I found out I was charged 8.95 for 4 month by Plan Plus. I never joined their "membership", my account information was STOLEN. I did a search on this company and about it's "parent" and "sisters"... A lot of comlains. It a bid web of thieves. Unbeliavable!

• S2
      27th of Jan, 2010

www.planplushealthcare.com

• Du
      1st of Feb, 2010

I had an unauthorized charge to my account approx one and a half to two months ago. I called my bank and they gave me a 1-800 number to call and complain with this company. Only that time it was from some place called Smokers Savior. This is the exact phrase on my bank statement (SMOKERS SAVIOR LOS ANGEL 12/18SMOKERS S). I called the 1-800 number and got my money refunded to my account. Now I just realized that Savings2Go debited my account for $14.95. I have not authorized any charges for this company and they will be reported to the Better Business Bureau, as well as my Lawyer. Enough is enough, especially reading all these complaints!

22nd of Jan, 2011

The same has happened to me. How did they get my bank information? They seem to go hand-in-hand with "Plan Plus" as I also get charged $14.95 from them also. Another one is "Money Edge" They charge me $16.95. All three seem to have an affiliated number #253279 but different States.
    I believe a Class action is in order. Anyone game? Contact me suegarrett@comporium.net if I get enough people, I'll go talk to an attorney. These Bogus charges have actually caused me money in overdraft charges.
    THIS MUST STOP!

• Co
      6th of Mar, 2011

Savings2Go, out of Texas, has been stealing from my credit card account in the amount of $14.95 for several
    months. I have no idea how they got my account number. How do I stop this fraudulent activity?

• Ka
      30th of Jan, 2014
    Plan Plus - Stealing money
    Plan Plus
    Tx

These people, I mean liars, have been stealing two payments of $14.95 a month out of my 80 year old mothers account. One comes out as Plan a Plus and one comes out as Savings to go.
    She authorized nothing. She doesn't even know how they got her details!
    Chase Bank called her a liar and said she did and know denied her claim!
    It's so frustrating. She's going to change banks so they can't do it any more.