PlaceSettings.com / China Place settings ordered one year ago were never received

1 Matthews, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 704-847-6773

I placed an order on 12/26/2006 (order number 25768). The confirmation email indicated the order would take up to 6 months.

Over the course of the next few months, I made several calls, none of which were returned. I emailed, and the emails were generic...."We apologize for the delay. The order has been processed for drop shipment from the manufacturer. An inquiry has been sent to the warehouse as to the shipping status and we should have a response in no more than 1-2 business days. We appreciate your patience. Thank you,"

I received several of these, but still, no china order.
Avoid this company!!!! File a complaint with the BBB and your credit card company. Again, avoid this company.

More PlaceSettings.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Jo
  4th of Dec, 2007
Placesettings/China - Product not delivered
Placesettings.com
www.placesettings.com

Product was ordered and paid for on 04/06/2007 17:08:20 EDT.
Order status queries were sent:
7/9/2007 10:14:33 EDT
7/24/2007 12:06:19 EDT
11/12/2007 13:02:16 EST
11/20/2007 13:28:42 EST
The first and third responses were:
An inquiry has been sent to the warehouse.
The second response was:
The items are on order from the manufacturer and backordered at the factory approximately 4-6 more weeks.
I have received no response t0 the fourth query.
I have requested a refund.

Pl
  17th of Dec, 2007

Custom order swill take a MINiMUM of 6 months.These are patterns that wil be no longer made by the manufacturer, but they will make 1 more run when the amount of orders allows.. Customer was credited in full...

Tr
  17th of Mar, 2008
PlaceSettings.com - Refusal to refund!
600 Matthews Mint Hill Road.Ste.E
Matthews
North Carolina
Phone: (704) 847-6773
www.placesettings.com

On December 22, 2007, I placed a $492.77 order from PlaceSettings.com for a line of China that is not at all hard to find. I knew my order was too late for Christmas delivery, but I planned to give it as a slightly late Christmas gift.

Well.

It is now March 17, 2008 and I have yet to receive anything but grief from this unethical, unresponsive, and unreliable company. In the months following my order, I called several times to see when I could expect to receive my package. (Note: There are no shipping method options on the website and the confirmation email did not indicate when my product would arrive, either.) Nobody answered the phone -- not even once. I started emailing PlaceSettings.com and I could not get a response to my emails.

When I realized I had definitely been scammed, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The next day I received my first response ever from PlaceSettings.com assuring me that my order was canceled and that my money would be refunded. That was one month ago and I still have not received my money. In fact, now PlaceSettings.com will not return my emails or phone calls again, so I am right back where I started.

A wise man once said "Buyer Beward" and now a scorned woman is offering you the same advice. Beware PlaceSettings.com! This is the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of being associated with and I have no doubt that they will try to steal from you, too. Save yourself the hassle and don't give them the opportunity.

Tricia Psarreas.

Ja
  28th of Mar, 2008

On January 28, 2007 I placed an order (#26274) for Lenox china and on January 29, 2007 76f47my Visa was charged $189.85. Place Settings claimed it would take up to 14 months to fill the order. I patiently waited and contacted them in early February of this year to inquire about my order. They said they would check with the warehouse. A few days later I received an e-mail stating the line was discontinued and they would send a refund. They also thanked me for my patience. It is now the end of March and no refund is in sight. I have sent several e-mails and even tried to phone -- there has been no response.
The owner, Morrissey should be in jail. This is a clear case of FRAUD. Do not deal with this outfit.

Ja
  28th of Mar, 2008

On January 28, 2007 I ordered Lenox china (order #26274) and on January 29, 2007 my Visa card was charged $189.85. I was told it could take up to 14 months for the order to be completed.
I patiently waited until early February 2008 and then inquired about the delivery date. Placesettings told me they would check with the warehouse. They then emailed to say the pattern was discontinued in Jan 2008 and that they would refund the money. (That should have been my first clue that they were frauds. They should have contacted me to tell me it was no longer available instead of waiting for my inquiry.) They "THANKED ME FOR MY PATIENCE". I waited a few weeks then e-mailed them several times and received no response. Also placed phone calls that went unanswered.
This owner is a SCAM ARTIST and deserves to be in jail. There's no doubt he is a theif. He should not be allowed loose to steal from other innocent people.

Et
  1st of May, 2008

please refund my money did not want thiscancelation number 2130087

Al
  2nd of May, 2008

When I went to the bank yesterday there was 34.00 and some change taken out of my account withput my consent i want it back in my account ASAP

Alesia M Frieslander

Co
  28th of May, 2008
PlaceSettings.com - Order #27070
PlaceSettings.com

I ordered china from them May of 2007. I continually received excuses as to why my china was not being shipped. I finally received some of my order in Nov. 2007 and Dec. 2007. However they still owe me six pieces. I suspected they were not a legitimate company by the way they handled my order and I threatened to call LENOX. That was the only way I received any of my order. They are ripping people off and should have their web site shut down. They take your money and just give excuses when contacted.

Colette

Db
  3rd of Jun, 2008

I ordered $337 worth of Wedgwood china on 4/4/2008. All products were listed as being in stock. When I received nothing by 4/16 I e-mailed the company. On 4/17 I received an e-mail telling me that the order would not be sent for 4-6 weeks. It is now eight weeks. Today (6/3) when I e-mailed the company, the e-mail came back to me. Their website is no longer available. Their phone number is no longer in service. How do I get my products?

Na
  17th of Aug, 2008

I have a similar story! I ordered my Villaroy & Boch China on 6/13/06 and the email stories have never stopped. All B.S. and they took my money on 9/4/06. It is 8/17/08 and I have never gotten anything from those ###! Not one broken piece! You have given me some valuable info that I thank you for. I will try to contact Villaroy & Boch. Wish my luck! Nancy

Ci
  4th of Nov, 2008

I placed an order for Lenox china on January 31, 2008. On February 1, 2008, $530.38 was debited on my credit card. I received an e-mail after I placed the order telling me that they would notify me when the items were shipped. After I noticed the charges on my credit card, I e-mailed placesettings.com inquiring on delivery status. I received a reply that it may take up to 10 weeks for delivery. On Aapril 14, I sent another e-mail inquiring on the status of my order. I received a reply, telling me the items were on backorder because they are seasonal, and that hopefully sometime in May they would be able to fill my order. I would receive an e-mail with shipping information when the items were in stock. I never received my order. It is now November 2008, and when I attempted to connect to the website, I cannot. I e-mailed and haven't received a reply. I'm now reading all of these complaints about this company. I've never had an experience like this before and I'm very upset. Whoever the owner is, he/she should be thrown in jail! This is nothing but downright thievery!

Ka
  23rd of Mar, 2009
PlaceSettings.com - Rip off
placesettings.com

Three years ago I bought some China from placesettings for over 300 US$. I was finally happy to find the replacement. Luckily I bought it with paypal. After I gave all the information, I got the confirmation of the sale and the info it could take one year to replace the porcelain what they didn't mention before.

Since I didn't get any updates from the company for several months I tried to contact them and nobody answered the phone. I wrote them emails and wanted to know about the status. it took a long time to respond very vague. They couldn't tell me when I would get my China. Several emails later they finally told me that they couldn't get the pattern. Then I asked them to send me my money back.

After several unsuccessful tries which took a long time again, I finally decided to call paypal. I know that paypal normally isn't responsible after this long time but luckily in my contract with placesettings was written that the replacement could take one year. So paypal reimbursed me. And I'm happy that I even got my money back.

I just wanted to add to the writer who commented about the same company.