Pioneer Media, LLC. / Scam charges

United States Review updated:
4.7
$11.89 charge appears on account from Pioneer Media, LLC.. I emailed First Citizens Bank for an explanation of the charge. They responded and advised me to google the name of the co. and (for me) to ask them for a refund. Way to go First Citizens, big help.

Anyway, their solution was to disable my account and send me new card that should arrive in 7 to 10 days. Again, thanks for the assist. As far as, Pioneer Media, LLC. I'm sure it's probably some lame foreign criminal organization. God forbid they should actually do something legitimate!
Va

Comments

Er
  6th of Nov, 2008
I received the same charge for 11.89 from Pioneer Media llc on 11/3/08. We couldn't figure out what it was for so we googled the company name and it popped up all kinds of stories of scams including this one. We called and disputed the charge with our credit union as this is a check card from Master Card. They told they wouldn't refund the money because it was less than $25.oo. They are a local credit union in a small town so they did finally refund us the money, but they said they wouldn't do it anymore. Pioneer Media LLC knows what they are doing and how to get away with this scam. Somebody needs to stop them. This is ridiculous. 11.89 isn't a lot of money, but add up all of the people that they have gotten 11.89 from and it could be a huge amount. Oh and by the way I hardly use my card because it is for my wife's business. The only online order I can remember making was on Priceline last month. And the charge was made with my card not my wifes. I don't think priceline is involved, but the hackers may have a way into their information. I hope this helps.
Rh
  6th of Nov, 2008
I just had the same problem with Suntrust. I had to cancel my debit card and fill out a fraudulent transaction waiver. Yes, alot to go through for $12.79 but like you said, it is the point of it that matters. When I explained that I found this on Google the bank wasn't the least bit concerned about making certain that it wasn't a problem with any other customers or a scam with this company. Rather than getting involved and trying to prevent it from happening to anyone else just inconvenience your customers after allowing a transaction to go through that couldn't have been verified. Great Customer service huh! I hope Erica doesn't have the opportunity to help you if it happens to you.
Do
  6th of Nov, 2008
Received same unauthorized billing on my Visa.
Cl
  6th of Nov, 2008
I also just discovered an unauthorized charge to my VISA from Pioneer Media, LLC for $11.49. This is another scam perpetrated by criminals who are stealing our CC info from careless online merchants we've done business with before.
Cl
  6th of Nov, 2008
I found out that they have a website, but GoDaddy is concealing the ownership records. The phone number just goes immediately to voicemail. Info below:

Pioneer Media, LLC
www.pmwebtemplates.com

Phone/Fax:
1-(304)-759-8335

Support e-mail:
support@pmwebtemplates.com
Fr
  6th of Nov, 2008
I just found out today that I was charged 12.79 on my Campus Credit Union credit card. I had to close the account and wait for a new card to be issued. The real kicker is that this was a new card that was not activated when the charge supposedly took place. The charge was placed on 10/26 and recorded on 10/28/08. The credit card company waws not aware of this companies actions but they said they are going to be on the lookout for them.
Mi
  7th of Nov, 2008
On 10/11/08 I was charged on my Mastercard by Pioneer Media, LLC, Danvers, MA for the same $11.89 and had to have my card number cancelled as well, what a pain!
Pa
  7th of Nov, 2008
I just had the same thing happen to me. Pioneer Media LLC...a charge for $11.49 on 11.2.08. I've mailed a letter to my Visa Cardmember Service. Will probably have to cancel my current card and get a new one...BIG time pain!
Ro
  7th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened to me. I would suggest everyone contact their respective Attorney General.
Sc
  8th of Nov, 2008
Same thing just happened to us. $11.49 posted to our account on 10/5/08. I'm writing to the Attorney General right now, and my husband is on the phone with the credit card company. The credit card company is going to be tracking it as a fraudulent claim, and they are flagging that "vendor." If I ever find out how or from whom Pioneer Media got my card number, they will get a piece of mind.
Su
  12th of Nov, 2008
I just went thru the latest statement from our Credit Union and found this bogus charge. Called the Credit Union and they checked and thought it was an advertising agency. I went online and found the scam reports and called the credit union back and cancelled our cards, AT $5 EACH to reissue a new card plus I have to fill out and sign a report to dispute the bogus chg. They also didn't seem very perturbed...
De
  15th of Nov, 2008
Just mailed a Dispute Complaint to my credit card holder. I got charged $11.89 by Pioneer Media also on 10/17/08. Somebody should put a stop to this. All Credit Card issuers should "FLAG" this outfit immediately.
Go
  17th of Nov, 2008
On 10/11/08 I was also charged on my Mastercard by Pioneer Media, LLC, Danvers, MA for the same $11.89, but Chase handled it without any problem. I told them that this was a reported scam, but they did not suggest that I get a new card.
Ge
  26th of Nov, 2008
My wife recently Ordered Netflix, the Movie rental by mail. We looked at it and found that we would not go ahead with the rental program and canceled

We received a charge on our credit card from Pioneer Media for 11.49 and did not know what it was for so I decided to get on the internet and see who this was. I went to Pioneermedia.com and to Dvd rentals and found Netflix so I think just a Phone call to them for a refund should be no problem.
Da
  30th of Nov, 2008
I got off easy, with only $10.29 charged to my Bank of America visa. The B of A fraud department told me it was impossible for them to figure out what companies were fraudulent and which ones weren't. I showed my 5th grade daughter the charge. She googled the company name, and figured out it was trouble in about 60 seconds.

Looks like the B of A fraud department fails the "are you smarter than a 5th grader" test. But based on recent news reports, it looks like a lot of banks (and automobile companies) fail that test.

Just canceled my B of A card.
Sa
  3rd of Dec, 2008
My Citibank Visa was charged on 10/30/08 for $11.89 by Pioneer Media, LLC of Danvers, MA. After finding here that other people had experienced the same thing, I called Citibank. Despite their being near total collapse, and my account being a month past due, the people I spoke to were extremely helpful and expedited me a card with a new number at no cost. After a week or two going through their credit dispute department I was notified today that they agreed that the charges were fraudulent and reversed them.

I feel very happy with the way they helped me through this apparently national scam. (Although I was less happy when I learned a few days later that they slashed my credit limit and shot my interest rates through the roof after one missed payment.) I've had this same card number for 6 years and used it many times in online purchases, I have to wonder if that's how my info got somehow leaked to whoever is running this scam.
He
  28th of Dec, 2008
I'm just one more person who got charged $11.89 on my VISA on Nov. 3, 2008 from Pioneer Media, LLC for nothing. Has some hacker gotten into the whole VISA system somehow? It seems to happen to VISA card holders.
I also got charged for $5.00 from a place in New Jersey called Donation for Help Life, which seems to be fraudulent, also.