Pinnacle Collection Agency / Highway Robbery

1 9731 Aloha LanePensacola, FL, United States Review updated:

Pinnacle Collection services was sent my Westgate Lakes Account on March 17, 2008, this year. Their fees as of right now are $614. I cannot use my timeshare until I pay this $614 although I have paid up the fees and maintenance on the timeshare in full.

I have in my possession a letter dated 2/20/2008 from CFI Resort Management, an arm of Westgate Lakes, Orlando, asking me for payment. I called them in February and made payment arrangements to pay (end of May, beginning of June) when income tax came in. This is notated in writing on that letter and made the day of the call.

June 3, I paid the amount in f ull to Westgate via telephone. About 5 days later, I contacted Westgate Lakes to schedule the week, wishing to move the week to Northwest Florida area. I was informed that WGL cannot talk to me about the account because I owed them money.

Well, one big hulabaloo went on about me explaining I paid. Then, without confirming receipt of my $1466, I hung up the phone, called my husband at work and he found out through pinnacle that WGL has the money, but we still owe $614 in collection fees.

Now, remember, they haven't had the case but since March 17, 2008 and AFTER the payment arrangements were made with Westgate. I KNOW I made the arrangements because of my date/time/when to pay notes, etc.

The $614 is exuberant and I need advice on what to do with this. I know I need to contact the BBB or Federal Trade Commission before I do an attorney, but if anyone out there has advice on how to handle this, I would appreciate it.

I am sick and tired of taking this kind of thing. With homeowner's insurance and property taxes in Florida sky-rocketing, and gas reaching all-time high, you THINK these people would realize $614 for a 2-month period of NOTHING...NO LETTER IN MAIL, nothing...would be wrong morally if not illegal!

Please help!
Sick to death in FL
DeA Foster

Comments

• Zo
      3rd of Apr, 2009

Please contact me at ihatewestgate@gmail.com. I have almost the exact same issue and I am filing a claim with the FTC. I would like to also sue them civilly and would be interested in joining our claims. Please contact me if you have the same issue!