Pink Home Entertainment / FRADULENT CHARGE TO BANK ACCOUNT

1 GA, United States Review updated:

THIS COMPANY CHARGED MY BANK ACCOUNT $34.99 FOR WEBSITE SUBSCRIPTION AND I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THEM. I DONT HAVE A WEBSITE AND WAS BAFFLED AT HOW THEY WOULD GET MY INFORMATION UNTIL I SAW THE COMMENTS POSTED. I TOO WAS A MARY KAY CONSULTANT AND USED THE ACCOUNT ONLY FOR MY MK BUSINESS. I HAVE NOT USED THAT ACCOUNT FOR SOME TIME SO THIS HAS GOT TO DO WITH MARY KAY, PROPAY OR PAYPAL IN SOME WAY AS THAT IS ALL THAT THIS ACCOUNT WAS USED FOR. ANOTHER REASON TO REGRET SIGNING UP WITH MARY KAY! I CALLED MBILLING AND THEY OFFERED TO REVERSE THE CHARGE BUT I AM OPTING FOR MY BANK TO REVERSE IT BASED ON THE COMMENTS I'VE SEEN. THEIR OFFER DOSENT MEAN TOO MUCH.

Ma

Comments

2nd of Jan, 2009

Hi, Mackie -
    I am a member of ProPay’s communications team, and can shed some light on this issue. ProPay has recently become aware of what appears to be a large international fraud scheme involving unauthorized electronic checks. To be clear, after internal and external analysis and investigation, ProPay is extremely confident that the stolen bank information came from other sources and not from ProPay. ProPay has an ongoing effort to monitor its systems and continues to be confident in its system security.

The company has just issued a complete statement on this ACH Fraud Scheme today at www.propay.com. I would invite anyone reading to check it out for full information on how to protect yourself and what to do if you’ve been affected. Thanks for helping spread the word about how important it is to regularly monitor all accounts.

• La
      7th of Feb, 2009

I also was charged 34.95 for this.I got the reference # from the bank and MB who is supposedly the credit card or checking acct. processer is MB.PINK home is all the info they can give???They said in December it would be credited back to my account.It was an electronic debit.I have not subscribed to any web site.weeks passed and no credit, then I called them back an said oh it wasn't processed by some Ashley, then said give another 7-10 days.It is now Feb.7th and no credit to my account.I called the number today for MB or MB pink home and now people...the phone # is disconnected.YOu have to go to your bank and file a fraud complaint.I am not sure what will happen because they are saying it was a paper ??transaction.I saw a copy of an old debit slip with an old address on it from the bank.They may or may not be able to reverse this.I think MB the so called processers of many many payments is involved with this PINK home ent. or entertainment company.What a scam!!! Now I have to close this account because I am afraid someone will access it in the future.What a pain.All my debtors have my info stored and I have to change all of that also.These people belong in jail.L.