Pingo / cancellation and failing to refund

On November 16th I signed up and paid $10 for a calling card so that my wife could call my son in Korea. The next day I received an email requesting the my PIN number for verification. On the following day when I tried to used my calling card, I was given a pre-recorded message stating the my account was invalid. I called PINGO and was told that my account had been canceled. When I asked for an explanation, I was told that I would have to email and would receive a response in 48 hours. Additionally my bank reported that PINGO still had my payment. I emailed PINGO on November 20th asking for an explanation for being canceled and also for a refund. On November 24th I checked my email. PINGO never responded. I called PINGO and was told that I would need to email them again and they would answer in 48 hours. I mentioned that 48 hours meant Thanksgiving and most businesses were closed for the holidays additionally it connected with Friday and the weekend. PINGO stated that I could expect a response by Monday. Informed them that if I did not receive an explanation for my account being canceled and a refund by Monday, I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. PINGO did not respond. I went online to the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint. Their website informed my that they did not recognize a business called: PINGO and could not process my complaint

Comments

• Pi
      30th of Nov, 2010

Steven - We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. We were able to locate your account by the name listed on the complaint. It appears that the reason the new account was closed is because you already have a an account and per company policy to prevent fraud abuse, your only allowed to have one account in our system. We believe we sent you an email letting you know that we had closed the new account as a result of being a duplicate account and asked you to continue using your original account. In the future, I hope you'll work with us directly and not complain online by giving us a little time to resolve this, since it was a holiday weekend. We appreciate your business, since you've bin a customer with us for a while now.

• Ki
      23rd of Feb, 2011

----***********I just discovered a $.98 charge for monthly maint. ! I was never told that I'll be charged "MONTHLY FEES"! They are THUGS----************
    I wish there was something LESS than one Star, They deserve MINUS 5 Stars
    I have been having worse connection ever using there service. I had bad connection on each call I made and I keep getting disconnected after talking for a minute or two or three and asked to enter phone number again and again. It's pretty annoying, frustrating and on top of that I'm paying for that. It's ludicrous, absurdity, incongruity to pay for horrible service like theres. I should receive full refund and a letter of apology. I just discovered a $.98 charge for monthly maint. ! I was never told that I'll be charged "MONTHLY FEES"! They are THUGS.

20th of Mar, 2011

email me if you want to get a real free service with good quality hello_there100@yahoo.com

• Pi
      19th of Oct, 2012

@King G. W. P.I.N.G.O is a virtual phone service that delivers reliable International calls backed with 100% call quality and money back guarantee. If you had a bad call experience we hope to set up a tech ticket to investigate the route to fix the call quality. The monthly fee is standard with the low rate service which is listed across the site and in the terms. We have multilingual call center reps ready to assist you and help maintain our 95% customer retention rate from 10am to midnight EST daily except holidays for US & Canada customers only at 1-888-878-8838 or email contact /at/ p i n g o dot com.