Pima Medical Institute / admissions

Mesa, AZ, United States Review updated:

I was at Pima Medical Institute today meeting with the Medical Career Specialist Wendy Naylor she was degrading me when I told her I was graduating with an Associates of Arts degree she said what does that have to do with being a physical therapist assistant, little did she know I was taking the prerequisites for transferring to ASU for there physical therapy program. She never bothered to look at all the medical classes I have taken. I also have ADD a learning disability when I told her this after I was taking the reading test she was upset she said "anyone can just say they have a disability when you where at MCC did you have to provide proof of your disability." I said no they just accommodated me. She was rude and I did not like her condescending tone of voice. I do not want to go to Pima Medical School because of her.

Comments

• Ca
      Sep 25, 2011

I have a disability( physical and mental), live on ssdi and have no college experience and i got treated with respect and was encouraged to do what i wanted to do even though I wouldn't easily get into that program...I wanted to get into Radiography and had bad math grades in high school... and you need good grades to even apply to the program. I did research and decied to start with medical assitant, for now. I had Brian... Maybe you should go back, or try carrington college on country and southern not even a mile away behind chase and mcdonalds...

• Ag
      Dec 14, 2011

I also had this women, and felt as though she was fake. They say when you come to the information session to bring your transcripts, but she didnt even look at them until I said something about it. Also, she took a phone call in the middle of my session with her. I felt like the whole 2 hours I was at this campus that they make you feel like they are better than everyone else and if you dont attend this school you do not matter. And as for her being rude about your disablity I can not even understand how she can be so comfortable with saying anything like that.

• Fu
      Mar 23, 2012

idk if it is just current and graduates of pima on here but i would like to shair my story i enrolled at the colorado springs campus for medical assisting, (sorry if things are spelled wrong im tired), ok so i started pima in 2010 i loved it the teachers were amazing and i learned alot. I never missed a day of class i got sent home early by one of my teachers because i had a tooth pulled and was not feeling good, my last 6 weeks there my daughter got sick and i missed four days, i was told that even though i missed the days they would still place me on a good externship site, i was excited cuz i was told i would get either family practice or peds, well about 2 weeks before i left i went to ask them why i had not had an interview yet, they told me well we found you an extern site its a talecris plasma resources and its an awesome place everyone that gets sent there gets hired on, i thought ok im a single parent this is a site that will lead into a job. my first day at extern the employees were telling me and the other students sent there that they did not know why pima kept sending student because there was nothing medical about working there (except sticking the cust and you could only do that after getting hired on). I stuck with it anyway cuz as i was told i would deff have a job, i had to call off one day cuz my daughter was sick and i had to take her to the doc got a doc note and everything, on april 19th 2011 was my graduation i had to work that day but they let me leave early as i was walking out the door the hiring manager pulled me aside and said "we cant hire you cuz according to pima and what we have seen here you have an attendance problem" (i had never been late for school or work i had missed a few days of school and one day of work but i had notes for each day missed) went to graduation everything was good talked to some other students i went to school with and they said that they had not gotten hired on at their extern site either, i figured well with career placement ill have a job in no time, it is now march 2012 iv been out of school for almost a year, still no job in what i trained for (medical assisting) and have never gotten an invterview, iv had people tell me that since were i went on my externship was not medical i have no experience at all and that was one reason they could not hire me. I planned on going back to school to get my RN and while filling out gov grant paper work i could not find a federal school code so i had to enter it in manually, iv tried google and everything and still can not find the code, after all of this pima still wants me to pay the 5, 000 in student loans and i will but im not to happy with the program or the way i was lied to at all.

• Ly
      Apr 13, 2014

I just finish my classes at Pima in the MA program, it has been 2 weeks now and I still have not gotten an externship site yet.. I fear I have waisted my time... I have a 3.85 GPA, I only missed one day of class, cause I had the flu.. Everyone one on my class has been placed including the girls that had attitudes unprofessional behavior to others in the school and had missed multiple days of classes... I am starting to feel the since I busted my butt I waisted my time any advise.