Pilot Pens / Bad bussines practice

I purchased four boxes of a particular Pilot pen, the VBall Grip Rolling Ball pens. Subsequently I discovered that a large number of them leaked, fresh out of the box. I emailed Jeanette Hirsch, customer advisor at Pilot, who asked me to return them and she would send them to their quality control people to make a determination.
I also sent along two of my T shirts that the pens had leaked on, because I wanted to be reimbursed for them as well.
I have subsequently received a letter stating that “The results [from quality control] reveal no defect in materials or workmanship. The situation you encountered was the result of something that occurred after the writing instrument left our care.” They paid me no money though I had gone to expense to mail them the pens and the shirts.
I feel they should pay me something in damages, because the pens leaked the minute they were taken out of the box. Even if their “quality control” people discovered nothing, still, as a matter of congenial customer relations, they should have paid me something. This is just not good business practice on their part.

Ca

Comments

• Bu
      25th of Oct, 2011

I agree, their pens suck the big one. I've been getting duped into using them for years and years until today when I found the most incredible creation ever; a pencil. It writes in all conditions and is more reliable and cheaper in the long run.