Pier 1 Imports / management!!

1 White Plains, NY, United States Review updated:

I went into your store on Friday 4/27/2018 around 5;30 as I frequently do to purchase a few items. As I shopped around I found a red tag clearance item, white/cream candle container. The item was listed as clearance for $4.00. I brought item to the register to pay for it. A white woman started to cash me out and proceeded to tell me the item was $24.00, I told her that that's not what the clearance price says and she also looked puzzled as well. She said she cannot proceed without speaking to the manager. She called the manager who then came to the register to assist. She had a very unpleasant look on her face and I saw her patrolling the store earlier while I was shopping. She came to the register angrily and proceeded to raise her voice and told me that I would not get the item for that price because it was a misprint. She was very rude, condescending and did not exhibit any such qualities of a manager. She told me the item was sent to us like this with the tag and that she would not honor it!!. She was so rude that I did not even bother to say another word as I was shocked and appalled at her behavior. I told her I did not want the item and left. I frequent that store because I live in the area, however she is by far the most unpleasant individual I have ever dealt with since I have been shopping in pier one. I am a avid shopper of pier for over 20 years. I have seen managers come and go in that store but by far she has got to be the worse!!. I love pier one but I will never enter that store again!!. She embarrassed me in front of the other customers as well. She was a heavy set Black Female. I know that sometimes businesses fail, because of the people who are left to run it. I hope no one else will have to deal with one I had to endure. Good LUCK!!

Ro
May 1, 2018

Comments

• Po
      17th of Feb, 2019

Why do you refer to woman as "white"? What difference is there between skin color? I'm "white" but you're racist

17th of Feb, 2019

@Pooh7 IDK where you see white. I read heavy set Black Female.

18th of Feb, 2019

@Mrs Bean "A white woman started to cash me out".
    I missed the heavy set black woman...why do you refer people according to color? I will not respond to further comments to people who categorize according to color,

18th of Feb, 2019

@Pooh7 I don't but when you call 911 to report some homeless man shoving his hand up ladies skirts (true story) the operator will ask for a description of the assailant. Color is what the operators are asking for.

Why is color such a hot topic for you?

You aren't fooling anyone.

18th of Feb, 2019

@Pooh7 She categorized with heavy set and black. So you're okay with size shaming??

Turd.

18th of Feb, 2019

@Mrs Bean That's only to track down criminals. They need all the information. That's a different case altogether., police/ detective activity have to ask their questions ..if you were answering to a cop that's different but you were not. Leave it be you're singling people out in an establishment. I don't really care I was just expressing my, opinion.

18th of Feb, 2019

@Mrs Bean You're talking about 2 different subjects here. I never mentioned shaming. You called her fat and black. If you can't take the heat don't post

18th of Feb, 2019

@Mrs Bean Omg. You are the one mentioning this not ME. I just made an opinion that you were mentioning weight and color which have zero to do with anything unless you're a cop! I will not respond to your immaturity. Thank you

18th of Feb, 2019

@Pooh7 Um she mentioned heavy set Black woman. That right there is relevant. And you are an idiot for thinking this op is automatically racist for saying a white woman cashed her out bot not even noticing the heavy set Black woman at all. How can anyone physically investigating this not know who said or did what? Identifying someone by outer features is not racist! Grow up.

PS only angry Black people harp on color and race as much as this.

18th of Feb, 2019

@Pooh7 She called her a heavy set Black woman.get it right! I reiterated what the op said. How are you not racist but seeing white but not heavy set Black woman?? PS you are black I can tell.

18th of Feb, 2019

@Pooh7 And I am expressing mine. You must be a Democrat.

• Me