Pier 1 Imports / terrible experience

United States Review updated:

I tried to exchange a gift which was a duplicate of something I already purchased some time ago. The total amount of the gift was $6.83 with tax and all I wanted to do was exchange for something else. According to the salesgirl in the store "policy" was that I had 30 days with gift receipt to return it. Well the gift was purchased a few months ago and I had just received it less than 30 days ago (Christmas 2008). My point was that "I" had just recieved it and it was within 30 days and all I wanted to get was something that I really wanted. Finally after talking to "customer relations" on the phone I was placed on hold when I asked for the custome Relations manager. I was left there for 5min and "he" never came back to the phone. Its not a suprise that they are closing stores. Who wants to shop in a store when all that matters is how much they sell not how much they can make a customer happy. So for $6.83 I will take my business elsewhere, I'm sure they won't be open for much longer in this economy anyways!

Ol

Comments

• Dd
      8th of May, 2010

What you meant to say is "anyway", I presume. There is no "s" in "anway". I am a part time "Associate" in a department store, working my tail off trying to make ends meet while working full time in a professional capasity "in this economy". I find it completely idiotic that you are this upset about $6.00 and change from something purchased (not with your cash) "a few months ago". SERIOUSLY???? What do you expect? Anyone can buy anything from any store and bring it back 30 days later, 3 months later, or longer and claim that they received it as a gift yesterday. How can you possibly discriminate? And by the way, it was a $6.00 gift? You should be more irritated at your friend for getting you such a cheap gift. Business is business. It's nothing personal...RELAX!!! If you can find something in Pier 1 for $6.83 that you "really want"...you are a lucky individual with simple needs and not much to complain about!! I am SURE your attitude had nothing to do with it...because most businesses want to lose customers over $6.83. Probably NOT!!

• Wh
      20th of Jun, 2010

Ok, I am a associate at Pier 1 imports, and policy is 30 days with receipt, if u do not have the receipt than you will get store credit and it will be the price it is that day. So if it was 6 dollars when your friend bought it a couple months before than it was probably only 3 dollars the day you brought it back. So dont be mad at pier1 asscociates, and just so you know and understant PIER 1 MOTO IS EVERY CUSTOMER EVERY DAY MEANING WE ARE THERE TO MAKE OUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY! WE HAVE CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE SHOPPED WITH US FOR 30 YEARS, SO GET OVER IT!

• Sp
      29th of Sep, 2010

I too am an assoicatie at Pier 1. Our policies stand as they are that you get 30 days with a recipt. Anything over 30 days or with a gift reciept get a merchandise credit for what ever the price of the item is when you bring it into the store. Yes, it is unfortunate that the merchandise was given to you months after it was purchased, but it is not the sales associates fault. It is company policy and I am sorry if you weren't offered the $6.38 merchandise credit because that you should have been offered. As it was said our company motto is every customer every day. We as a company go try to go above and beyond in customer service to try and give our customers an experience they will enjoy and rememeber. It is unfortunate that you didn't enjoy your experience it one of our stores, but wishing that our company closes over $6.38 is slightly mean. For all who are concerned the company is striving for excellence and thriving even in this economy.