Picture Me Studios / Late pics!

1 Grayson RoadPA, United States Review updated:

I had a similar experience with Picture Me Studios as I had taken my 8 week old daughter to get her first pictures taken. My mom told me to go to Sears, however I was able to get a quick appt so I thought I would take her to Picture Me Studios instead. I have heard fairly good things about the photographs in the past so i was like what the heck. I took my daughter on December 3rd and was informed the pics would be in on the 14th. I received a phone call from the studio only to inform me that her prints were messed up and that they had to be redone and that I should have her pictures by Xmas Eve. Okay now, I have no pics of the baby to send in Xmas cards (psssst). I never received a phone call until 12/27 telling me that her pictures were in and the funny thing is that I had to describe the pictures to the person on the phone then she proceeds to ask me how old was my daughter and then mentioned that she had pictures there of a colored baby wearing pink... I was like colored? What color? Complexion? This was amazing, you want to talk about unprofessional and offending. Believe me you don't have to worry about me going back. Furthermore, I went to pick up the pics again yesterday only to find out that the person that was on duty was unable to locate her pictures and was only able to find 3 20X24 pictures of my baby. Don't get me wrong the pic was absolutely gorgeous but this is ridiculous to have to go through this much drama over pictures. I understand you get what you pay for but come on...

De

Comments

• Wa
      18th of Dec, 2007
    Picture Me Studios - Poor service!
    Picture Me Studios
    Beckley
    West Virginia
    Phone: 3042551486

Had pictures taken on nov 25 08 suppose tp pick up on 12-10-08 went to store and no pictures really made christmas not very merry. Customer service no help called and had to wait for 30 min for help cant confirm when refund will be returned do not recommend using them.

• Am
      29th of Dec, 2007

Did you ask why your portraits weren't available on the pick up date?? A refund should of been given that day at the studio, if that is what you wanted.

As far as customer service.... well they have 4 people working those phones, hence the longer then usual wait time.

• St
      7th of Mar, 2008
    Picture Me Studios - Horrible service!
    Picture Me Studios
    1201 rt 300
    Newburgh
    New York
    Phone: 845-567-3019

Wal mart portrait studio sucks big time. they messed up my daughter's pictures which cost me $200 and then tried to give me a free ad package which is only one pose they messed up 3 poses, that i paid did not return my money and when i tried to call to resolve this issue no one answered the phone to this day I'm still getting no answer.

• Da
      5th of May, 2008
    Picture Me Studios - phone
    picture me studios
    Somerset
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: (814) 445-7726

i have been trying to scheldule an appt for over 2 weeks and they always have the phone busy or i get the answering machine. i'd like to know how the run a business when they wont answer the phones. they have nothing but teenagers working there.

• Me
      31st of May, 2008

Cal their customer service number, which can be found at www.pictureme.com

3 poses should either be refunded, or reshot.

• Da
      15th of Jul, 2008

i had the same problem last summer. what you have to do is call the main number. its theyre customer service center and ask for the district managers number and while on the phone with them let them know what happened and that you are not satified and you need to have someone call you back asap. the pics i got were so horrible and i paid 170 dollars for them and then they said they would need to have all the pics back and and will offer a new sitting. which i have 2 kids and i was lucky for them to sit still for THE HOUR it took that idiot to take the pics. i went to get a refund as the district manager instructed me to do and they couldnt give a refund when i arrived bc they had no money. i then called the customer service line flipping out. the next call i got was the regional manager. so, keep climbing that corporate ladder until ur satified!

3rd of Sep, 2008

I trust that you were at the studio in 2007, November and not 2008, since 2008 has not arrived.

Please try the new company's digital services. Yes, it is true the previous owner destroyed all film customer orders. Not good, I know. But this company's services are SO MUCH BETTER!! Go to the same location and try the NEW TEAM !!! YOU WILL love it!

3rd of Sep, 2008

Wow!! I am not surprised!!
    But you should try the same location under the new company. They are all about giving a great product!

Try 'em; you love 'em !

3rd of Sep, 2008

It is getting better, since their digital conversion.

WOW! What a difference. Glad I went Back.

You should try it too.

20th of Apr, 2009

If you cant get an appointment with them over the phone AT The studio, Just walk in. That or call the 1800 number. Or go to their website and make one.

21st of Apr, 2009

Keep in mind that the photos are not developed at that store. They are being developed at a lab several states away. Mistakes happen at the lab. Also keep in mind Christmas is in winter. Winter storms also delay FedEx and UPS. Also this Photographer probably shot more than 12 other customers the same day you were in. Perhaps they shoot 10-19 customers a day during Christmas season. They're not going to automatically remember your child. They've seen hundreds of children who all look the same within the last three months. Your not special. Only you think your child is special. A stranger isn't going to remember with a frazzled schedule. Sorry that's just the truth. ### happens, deal with it.

• Yo
      18th of May, 2009

their service is bad because the district manager is a 8th grade drop out and doesnt know how to run a business . can you believe this company doesnt even require a high school diploma to be a district manager ?

18th of May, 2009

Einstein also couldn't spell. I don't think education matters in certain cases.

• Ok
      12th of Jan, 2010

If they messed up your daughter's pictures, why did you pay $200 for them when you ordered them? What you see on the screen is what you get. If you don't like the looks of it, don't order it.

• Ok
      12th of Jan, 2010

If the employee is with a customer, they are NOT ALLOWED TO ANSWER THE PHONE. Were you calling, hanging up, and then calling again without leaving a message? Probably.

I worked at a picture me for four months, and it was the worst four months of my life.

Here's a Day in the Life of a Picture Me employee:

Clock in 15 minutes before opening time. Answer at least 3 questions from people who walk up to you while you are trying to clock in, despite the CLOSED sign and that the lights are all off.

Count the money in the till, while answering the phone 4 times before 10:00 and try not to lose count of the money.

Explain to the person on the phone the price on packages and photo options, like you will do for the 10, 000th time every day, because the company refuses to print out a price sheet which the customers could easily grasp.

Take photos of a cranky, hungry, clearly sleepy 2 month old baby while reminding mom the whole time that you are required for her to sit next to her baby the whole time for the child's safety. Try your best not to lose your patience when Grandma comes over and fusses over the baby's practically non-existent hair, using up the only possible 5 minutes before you completely lose the baby's ability to be still for a picture.

When showing the pictures, which is a step-by-step process in which you are required to constantly try to upsell the customer into more expensive options, try to pretend like you really enjoy bilking people out of their money, it is the only possible way to feel good about what you are doing when you know people only want the cheapest possible package.

The other side of that story is that the employee is paid a very low wage (in some cases minimum wage) and the company promises them more money based on their sales. The commission is the only way the employee ever makes any kind of money.

So unfortunately, if you walk in and tell me you only want the 7.99 package, I STILL HAVE TO TAKE 6-7 POSES AND TRY TO UPSELL YOU INTO THE MOST EXPENSIVE PACKAGE POSSIBLE.

I was a good employee, I came in with several years of photography, sales, and experience with children.

I showed up early every day, stayed late every night, kept a smile on my face no matter what, bent over backwards to make all customers happy (NOT POSSIBLE, BTW).

Was that good enough?

NOPE.

EVERY DAY these employees are threatened with the possible loss of their jobs. If you don't remind that mom to sit beside her child, you will lose your job. If you don't make at least 30 cold calls to customers today (the manager was supposed to make 10 calls a day on the previous 2 days that she worked, but she was "busy" and left you a note to do it instead) you will lose your job. If you don't take at least 6-7 poses you will lose your job. If you turn away any customer, you will lose your job. If you do not answer the phone, you will lose your job. If you do not take out the trash (manager too busy to do her portion of this, again... ) you will lose your job. If you do not drop everything and come in on your day off, you will lose your job. If you are closing the store up at 9:30 at night and a customer walks up and you turn them away, even though you closed at 7:00 (which never really happens) you will lose your job. EVERY SINGLE DAY I was threatened with the loss of my job.

Then came the Christmas season.

When I had worked 12 days in a row with no days off, yet my manager somehow managed to have fewer hours worked and plenty of days off, and I discovered bald spots from pulling out my hair from the stress of photographing a new customer every 15-30 minutes (you have to stay on time, despite the company allowing customers to schedule themselves for large groups even, every 15 minutes... ) and everyone wants 2 or 3 outfit changes and 3 or 4 different backgrounds and oh we want to try that one pose that Sally's baby had done (Sally's baby was a happy, sitting-up age baby, and their baby is a cranky, hungry, 2 day old baby that cannot support its head let alone sit up like Sally's baby...)

Customers come in with completely unrealistic expectations. If you have a newborn baby, you are going to realistically need the better part of an hour for your appointment. Not because the photography takes that long, it doesn't. The way newborns need constant attention, spit up, need feeding, need changing, need sleep, etc. Esp. if you want outfit changes and special poses.

And please, for the love of God, leave Grandma and Grandpa at HOME. They only get in the way, try to take over, and their constant negativity or comments do NOT help. Our studios are small enough as it is, and the more people and bodies you jam in there, the hotter it gets for everyone and the more nerve-wracked the mother and child become, making nice pictures impossible.

If you have a large group, schedule earlier, not later, in the day. Everyone always schedules groups of 10 or more at the last appointment of the day, when the photographer is tired, worn out, probably hungry because they probably are the only worker there and they were probably required to work through their lunch break. Then everyone wants ten different breakdowns of the family, one of Suzy in her christening gown, and wait, how about Suzy, grandpa, and Uncle Joe, but make sure it looks exactly like Uncle Joe's picture from 10 years ago... do you still have that background?

Anyone who has worked there for 1 day can tell you this is just the tip of the iceberg of what the employee puts up with.

They are told it is a photography job, and nothing could be further from the truth. This job is a wear-out-the-customer job so that you can get them to spend as much as humanly possible. All those screens on the computer, all those extras, I hated doing that. But guess what? If we skipped a step, we would lose our job.

Then came the day they made us imitate circus clowns. We had to stand outside the entrance, with a big Spin-The-Wheel thing, and try to grab any customer walking by, make them "SPIN TO WIN!" and try to get their business. I never in my life felt more like a circus monkey.

So because the company treats its employees so terribly, it is unable to maintain very many good employees, and esp. any employees over the age of 25. Most of the employees are young women straight out of high school.

So please take all this into consideration before you go to this place for your treasured family memories. And don't be surprised when what you pay for is what you get. When you walk in and decide you want the $7.99 deal, you are going to get about that much worth for your trouble. And you WILL have to wait your turn, for the love of God, would people stop complaining about a normal part of life.

• Yo
      25th of Apr, 2011

stop ### so much...sometimes pizza is delivered late...sometimes your ###ing mail is delivered late...get used to it its ###ing life..don't blame it on someone else...its obviously the MAILMAN not doing his job u ###in trades.