Picture Me Studios / Lost Pictures

On October 27th, 2007, my husband and I went to the nearest Picture Me (Super Walmart) Studio. We had to drive fourty-five minutes to go to this studio, and upon arrival, was told that we would have to wait an hour to an hour and a half, due to appointments. Fine. We let this slide and walked around WalMart for awhile. Finally, our time came to get our pictures taken, and the "photographer" was very unprofessional. Her hair was dirty and unkept, her clothes were filthy. She looked very sloppy. I figured I wouldn't let this bother me, and hoped that her photography skills were better than her dressing skills.

She asked us to choose which background drop we wanted to use, and when we chose one, she informed us that it was broken. So we had to choose another one. We were not prepared for this.

During the time that she was shooting us, she treated us like children. And rushed us to decide if we wanted to buy any extra pictures. We did. Out of six shots, two of them turned out great. And the package wasn't one of them, but we didn't have a choice.

Today, November 14th, I recieved a phone call from the studio, informing me that they needed to schedule us another shoot. When I questioned the girl why, she didn't have any answers. So I set up the appointment and called the Customer Service number. The Customer Service representative was extremely rude, and told me that the reason I had to have my pictures retaken is because the studio I went to switched from film to digital pictures right after I had my picture taken there.

I called the studio back and spoke with the manager and she informed me that the customer service representative lied to me. The studio had not switched to digital yet, and that the film company that they use is upset because they're all losing their jobs once all of the studios are switched to digital, so they're ruining film when they get it and ruining pictures as well.

This was an acceptable answer, and the manager told me that she recommended me going to a digital studio, where I was guaranteed my pictures and that she was giving me a $79.99 picture disc for free, so I could print out the pictures at my own free will.

Finding a digital studio close to home was difficult. The closest one is an hour and a half away, but hopefully it will be worth the drive.

The main reason I am so upset about this is that these pictures are my "wedding" pictures. My husband and I are on a tight budget, and wanted something memorable, but cheap. I'd used Picture Me Studios in the past and never had a problem with them. I am appalled at the problems I'm having this time around and will probably hire a private photographer for my childrens' Christmas pictures.

Comments

Ds
  16th of Dec, 2007

You get what you pay for...

Ke
  19th of Dec, 2007

DOES YOUR COMPANY MAKE A HABIT OF HIRING FAMILY MEMBERS?I HAPPEN TO KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IN YOUR LAKEWOOD STORE COLORADO, LAVONE A PAROLEE, WAS HIRED BY HER SISTER VERONICA,SHE LAVONE ISNT TO IN CHARGE OR FOR THAT MATTER BE W/ KIDSNOT EVEN W/HER OWN.SHE LEFT CALIF TO ESCAPE DOING HER AFTER CARE TREATMENT FROM PRISON IN CALIF SHE AND VERONICA LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE, LAVONE, DIDNT EVEN GET A BACKROUND CHECK AND VERONICA CALLS HER TRAINEES TO "CLOCK HER IN WHEN IN FACT SHE HASNT EVEN LEFT HER HOUSE.SO I WOULD NOT RECOMEND ANYBODY GETTING THERE PICTURES TAIKEN THERE.THERE RIPPING YOU OFF!AND YOU THE COMPAMY DOESNT EVEN KNOW IT.w98123

Bo
  22nd of Dec, 2007

I like how people expect top service from a Wal-mart company. You're paying 79$ and wanting 200$ photo-like quality... How many cells did it take for you to figure that out?

DUH.

Am
  29th of Dec, 2007

First off, it isn't a "Wal-Mart" company. Picture Me rents space from them, just like the bank, or the nail salon. You don't get what you pay for with them... you get more. The fact that there are idiots anywhere you go isn't the fault of the company as a whole.

Airing dirty laundry about associates who work within a particular studio is uncalled for, and childish.

It sounds like someone exposed that roll of film, or the lab lost your portraits. Good luck with the digital, free disc. Make sure the manager of the studio who originally took your photo's calls the manager of the one your going to, so that he/she is aware this shoot is a customer service issue, to avoid any more frustration.

You've been happy with this company in the past, and know this isn't an all the time occurrance. Considering the time of year you went, I'd say they hired a "Body" for the holidays.

I'm sorry it was so unpleasant.

Ap
  12th of Jan, 2008

I understand your point of view and your disappointment with not getting your original portraits but I think that often times, our customers want to assume that we, as PictureMe employees are behind problems with their portraits because they simply do not have anyone else to blame. Yes, sometimes portraits may have a flaw caused during photography but other problems such as bad coloring, cropping of certain parts of the image, etc. are often times problems that arise during the developing of your portraits. Those are things that we have no control over. We do our job and take great portraits for you. We love our work just as much as our satisfied customers so we would never purposfully do anything to mess them up. I think a few bad experiences are going to happen but I ask all who read this to please understand that not all PictureMe employees are untrained, sloppy, and disrespectful, all things I have read throughout the complaints I have seen. I personally take great pride in my work as do many others so please, don't let this negativity be your deciding factor when choosing to come to our studios. Give us a shot to prove we are not all the same.

Mi
  19th of Mar, 2008

I had my little girls pictures taken at Wal-Mart in Oakdale Louisiana. I paid for my pictures and everything and I never recieved my pictures or my money back. So I have been taking my little girl to Alexandria La to the Wal-Mart there.

Na
  2nd of May, 2008

I took my grandson for his pictures and on the reciept my hand was not showing (as you must sit next to your baby and hold their shirt so they don't tip over) and on the screen screens my hand was not showing but when I picked up my prints ...there is my arm, under the blanket, for the price of these extra prints -they should look like the proof screen, I would have never purchased that pose if I knew that looked like that.

Ch
  2nd of Jul, 2008

Photography is Art. Art is subjective. And when your neighborhood studio is converted to digital capabilities. Your arm would be digitally removed.

Technology is swift in advancement. The electronic boom has become of age and our customers and staff will blossom and have a better experience all the way around when all studios have their Nikon cameras and associate are trained to use them. And for once, our corporate sponsors can watch you the customer have your portraits made with our new in-studio cameras, so smile.

We hire very experienced photographers. But we also hire Mom's who like to take pictures of babies, children and like working with groups of people. We train new aspiring photographers and work with those who struggle.

Not everyone is versed in cultural differences, has a college degree, traveled the world or made the best choices in life. Your photographers are former teachers, nurses, administrators, police officers, waiters and waitresses, disc jockeys and one princess from an European country.

We do not hire everyone who applies for a position. We feel we choose individuals whom can best capture images you, our valued customer, will love. We, as a member of your community, give you the best product and service from people living in your community. We try, like you at your job, to do our very best every day.

When we fail to give you what you expected, we do our best to fix it. There are a variety of ways we can to this.

I would ask that you give us the opportunity to provide you a product and service at a price you can afford.

With warm est regards

Princess Sherry

Si
  2nd of Jul, 2008

I can understand that the picture studio is not a wal0mart company, and walmart has no control over the company and the way it is ru. But, if I were a walmart executve I would be very ineted i the types of buinesses allo into my store. Even if they are not walmart affiliates, people will associate th rented store with walmart. So walmart should be inteested inhow customers aretrated in rented stores that are in is building.

Ch
  20th of Sep, 2008

Just as PictureMe Cares about associates attitudes, I can assure you Wal*Mart cares, too.

We even care about the 1% who encounter a less than perfect experience.

We also care about giving you, our valued customer, Services and Products that all of us can afford to purchase.

Da
  11th of Nov, 2008

PictureMe photographers the ones who stay, mostly managers, are wonderfull people who deal day to day with the bull-### from customers like you people who think we owe them the world because we are in a service industry. We have wonderfull customers who look at people like you that make a scene in front of God and everyone when you dont get your way. It is not our fault that some reject in the lab cant do his job. It hurts us just as much when your photos get ruined because they are not only your photos but they are ours too. We are the ones who work our behinds off that hour or what ever to get your children who dont know how to listen to proper direction to sit down and say cheese or even pay attention for two seconds, or those of you who dont know how to give your child a nap before bringing them for for petes sake coming in at 6pm or later to have your small childs photos made and they are falling asleep on the table. We try, and whey we get good shots we love them too. We are a part of making memorys for your family. And of course like every business you get those who do not give 2 cents about what they are doing, but when we as managers see that if we can not fix it we give them the boot because We dont want bad photographers working for us either.

Wh
  16th of Sep, 2009

Danielle,
Your job is your choice and it's your responsibility to take care of customers and their needs. If you don't like it the simpliest way will be to leve and go selling news paper or even something easier in your option. So don't bother with stupid excuses and move on with your career. I guarantee you that a lot of customers will be glad you are gone and the new ones newer had to be angry by dealing with your maners.