Picture Me Portrait Studios / Terrible Service/Unprofessional Management

1 Amsterdam, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-picmetoo

Made appointment on line and was given appt time of 2:30 on 11/15/08. We were there a little early, was told they were running "a little behind" Turns out there were 3 more families BEFORE us who were also waiting. Needless to say, we did not get a phone call ahead of time asking if we would like to re-schedule for another time or date...so I spent the better part of my afternoon getting 3 little girls ready to have Xmas pictires taken. And then HAVE an appointment for WHAT? We waited, no lie, 1 & 1/2 hours before having our picture taken!

When I spoke to the manager (on the phone, she was not there) she was rude, arrogant, and told me to wait, reschedule, or take my business elsewhere if I didn't like it, then laughed at me and hung up. Then while my kids were actually getting the pictures taken, she came in but was too chicken to say anything to me and I was too busy w/ my kids to step aside w/ her. She left before we were finished. Not a good overall experience.

Comments

• Ap
      20th of Dec, 2008

Hi, I am not sure which studio you went to but seeing the date this complaint was posted, that was a pretty busy time in the studio I work in. When we set appointments, we always try to let customers know that we cannot guarantee that they will not have a wait time once they arrive at the studio. Having an appointment is good but we have walk-ins as well and we have to serve them just as we do you. Around November and December, a customer at our studio should always expect the possibility of waiting a bit. We work on baby time, I personally try my best with each and every child even if it takes a bit longer because I know the customer waiting would want me to do the same for them. I understand your frustration but we have to go by the rules and the rule is to take every customer as they come in. I don't agree with this but this is how the company thinks things should be done. Hope this helps! :)

• At
      21st of Apr, 2009

It's called christmas season ma'am. Expect to wait a little longer and be patient.

• Wo
      17th of Dec, 2009

I feel for you competely. I have also received horrible service. I received the service in Warrensburg, MO the studio in Maryville, MO is where we used to get them taken and they are very personable, friendly people. Warrensburg was not. I was not satisfied with my photos or my experience and when asked to speak to the manager and set up an appointment she did not come. I was asked to wait so I did half an hour and when I said I was leaving the employee told me she would not be coming in tonight after all.. and that wasn't the first appoitnment I had made and had been set up the first one I came in she saw me and she left. So I went above her and the district manager is no better and they refuse to give me in numbers for a suprvisor higher. I have asked for my money back so I can go get decent pictures taken in a pleasant environment but they have refused any type of assistance on any compromise or anything.. even though I have only spoken to employees that say that only the manager can't give refunds or anything and she seems to refuse to help me.

• Wo
      17th of Dec, 2009

and.. I believe if you make an appointment they should not rush through your pictures or make you wait more than 20 minutes. thats ridiculous. its a business run it like a business .. not a zoo.. this study here is always packed full of people with one employee trying to take care of everything. ridiculous

• Wg
      8th of May, 2010

FIRST TIME IN PICTURE ME STUDIO! WOW WHAT A MISTAKE! IT WAS A JOKE! THE ONE PERSON THERE WAS ON THE PHONE FOR SEVEN MINUTES BEFORE SHE HELPED ME. I CAME IN TO SET AN APPOINTMENT FOR PICTURES & ASK A FEW QUESTIONS. THERE WERE NO CUSTOMERS, NO HOLIDAY, AT 5:00PM ON A WEDNESDAY. I WAS RUSHED WITH THE ANSWERS. I SET UP AN APPOINTMENT FOR FRIDAY AT 5:00PM, THREE DAYS LATER.
    I CAME IN ON FRIDAY, WAS TOLD THAT IT WOULD TAKE A LITTLE WHILE BEFORE THEY COULD GET TO ME. OK, THAT WAS FINE; AN HOUR LATER, WAS TOLD IT WOULD TAKE A COUPLE HOURS BEFORE THEY COULD GET TO ME AND ASKED ME IF I WOULD LIKE TO COME BACK ANOTHER TIME OR DAY????? THAT HOUR I WAS WAITING, A MOTHER WITH TWO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF FIVE, WERE ALL OVER THAT PLACE RUNNING AROUND & CRYING. THERE WAS ANOTHER MOTHER THERE WITH TWO SMALL CHILDREN, ONE & ELEVEN YEARS OLD, NO PROBLEM THERE.
    THERE WERE FOUR PEOPLE IN TRAINING THERE, THE PHOTOGRAPHER WAS GONE!!! NO ONE KNEW WHERE SHE WAS!!! SHE CAME BACK ABOUT 30 MINUTES LATER, NO EXCUSE ME FOR BEING GONE, SORRY FOR THE TIME WAIT, NOTHING. WE SET UP ANOTHER APPOINTMENT FOR SUNDAY ON MOTHER'S DAY AT 10 A.M. NOW WE'RE TO THE POINT WHERE WE DON'T WANT TO RETURN.
    THE LOCATION WHERE I WENT WAS:
    1133 East West Connector Austell, GA.

• Br
      30th of Nov, 2010
    Picture Me Portrait Studios - Unexeptable service
    Picture Me Portrait Studios

To start off my experiance with Picture Me, I had made an appointment with the studio. At that time I was told that someone would be in touch to cofirm my appointment. One week later and the day of my appoinment, so one had been in touch so I called to confirm myself. Turns out they never had me scheduled on their end. Therefore, I had to re-schedule for the following night at 6:30. The next day, my husband and I got our 3 month old ready and out the door (which can be a chore sometimes) and arrived at our appointment time, 6:30. When we showed up that Saturday there was only 1 employee working and she was with another customer. No problem, we would just wait patientlly. Well by 7pm we we still hadn't even begun. We finally started at 7:15, (45 minutes late) and by that time my 3 month old was not very interested in taking pictures. We took a few and realized he was probably going to have to eat before we could take anymore. I said this to the employee and she said, "well, we close at 8 so you can feed him a little bit, but we have to be done by then." I immediatley thought "well lady, if we didn't have to wait almost an hour my kid wouldn't be hungry and we'd be done by now!!!" He ate a little bit and then the "photographer, " if you could call her that, wanted us to try again. We took a few shots and she would ask "is that good enough", as she pointed at the screen. I went a long with it for a minute and then the baby got fussy again. Meanwhile her cell phone in her pocket is going off with some inappropriate rap song as a ringtone and instead of waiting, she pulls it out and starts reading the text message outloud!! And for those of you that are wondering what it said...it was something about needing an EBT card, which is NH's form of wellfare, as if I really needed to know about her personal life that much!! Now, I try not to judge people, I really do the best I can, but I am human and this lady was one of the most inappropriate, unproffesional people I have ever met. She didn't know how to turn the equipment on, she was making comments that just weren't appropriate comments to make to a customer in any circumstance, She didn't know how to work the computers, she didn't really know how to run the camera, she flat out told me she really doesn't know how to have a baby pose and wanted me to figure it out, right down to the terribly inapproriate wardrobe, which consisted of a rather large women wearing black pants that were too long so she was walking on them, with a shirt that showed part of her stomach and skate boarding sneakers to top off the whole look. And the best part of the entire get up had to be her teeth that were rotting out of her mouth. I was rather floored when I realized this is the person taking "proffesinal" photos, to which I will be paying a great deal of money too! After the phone incident my child was crying and not in a good mood from having to wait so long and my husband was rather fed up with the quaility of service we were getting so he said we would pay her for her time that she had already put in, but we were not interested in continuing the session. My husband and I really strive to be kind to everyone and neither of us want to hurt anyones feelings so we were very cordial and polite and told her we would re-schedule at a different time when our child was in a better mood, but the fact is that we will most definitley not be re-scheduling with this studio. We have decided to take our business else where, as I feel that this kind of "service" is unexceptable. A word to the owners/managers of Picture Me Portrait Studio, work a little harder at finding quaility employees because in this circumstances you failed miserably at doing so and as a result lost a customer.

• De
      26th of Feb, 2011

Wow I just moved here and use to work for Kiddie Kandids in Sandy Springs which is now joined with all the Picture Me Studios . I was considering applying for this location but after reading such bad reviews I think I will reconsider! Especially after reading how the manager had no care for the customers! As a former employee I do take these reviews to heart.