Picture Me Portrait Studio/CPI / Unfairness

1 2014 South Irby SteetFlorence, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 843-629-0160

I was employed there in October 2007. In November 2007 I had a scheduled vacation which they gave me permission to take. The same day I came back I went to the place in question to get my schedule and was told to call one of the head people. I called several times and left numerous messages and emails and never got a response. Later I got a letter stating that my employment was termnated due to low averages...Im currently trying to receive unemployment but Im unable to get any compensation due to them stating that I returned from my approved cacation and were scheduled to work and declined because of the hours offered...and thats not the case. Is there anything I can do about this???

Comments

• Me
      26th of Aug, 2008

You can appeal via unemployment, but unless you can prove you weren't scheduled to work, or that you did in fact go to work and were told by _____ (who would need to testify) that you weren't on the schedule and to call XYZ, then no, there isn't anything you can do.

Were you with the company at least 90 days? I believe that is the minimum required before you can receive unemployment.

I'm sorry, I know this company has no ethics.

• Ph
      31st of Aug, 2008

Forward the emails to unemployment proving you were attempting to reach your superiors. This company is famous for this tactic.

• Pi
      28th of Dec, 2008

Definetly Call EEOC and get Lawyer (Contingency) which mean they dont get paid unless u do