Picture me portrait studio / District Manager

1 85 state rt 101 aAmherst, NH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 603-672-0302

I walked into this studio about a month ago, on a whim, with my 5yr old thinking it would be fun to get some "candid" shots with props.

Sadly, they didn't have any props other then fake flowers or numbers. What kind of studio doesn't have props??!!

I did it anyways, chose my backgrounds, as this very rude, heavily jersey accented woman named Terry proceeded to talk to my 5 yr old in this high pitched whiny baby voice. **I** don't even speak to my kid like that! It was like fingernails on a chalk board!

When I suggested she speak normally, she was offended - and continued with the voice. My son just stared at her like she was crazy - wouldn't smile (well duh!) and this sooo wasn't the fun time I was expecting. She did nothing but that irritating voice to make my son smile - which didn't work. She had no other tricks up her sleeve. NONE.

After an hr of trying new things, and nothing working - the pictures being mediocre at best, Terry then begins to alter the photo's in the viewing room, making these god awful collages, and turning photo's black and white, etc.

I asked her to please stop - I don't want anything she's making, I only want the advertised package. Nothing came out very well, and my son had had enough at this point. (screaming in his stroller)

Terry refused to stop - refused to order just my package stating company policy mandates her to create these items I don't want, and since it is time stamped, to please bare with her, she will do what she is required to do, and get me out of there asap.

Not good enough. I told her thanks for nothing, and to cancel my session. She said she couldn't cancel it, but if I didn't want to order from it, or if I changed my mind at a later date, they would be available for 60 days...

At this point I was out of patience, and asked for her managers contact info. Obviously this girl needed some training in customer service - when she said she was the District Manager, I almost lost my lunch! No wonder there's so many complaints online! They're all being trained by this woman!

I literally walked out of there with my screaming 5yr old while she sat on her fat ### still talking about me possibly wanting these mediocre photo's that my child could've taken!
No. No. And no!

This was suppose to be a fun, spur of the moment thing, that turned into a frustrating few hrs compliments of Terry, and her lack of photography/kid/people skills. The DISTRICT MANAGER!!

Ca

Comments

• Pi
      2nd of Aug, 2009

haha I work there
    we do unforinataly have to show you EVERYTHING it's to in the end upsell you.

Even if you want the main package.

I slack and cheat it and go as fast as possible in the sales area... unless my average is way down for the week. Then i sell my little heart out so i don't get yelled at.

With the 5.99-7.99 packages we are expected to keep an 90. average or get write ups. To me it's completely ###ed and utterly distaste full.

i've been running low averages so today i had to upsell and take many pics to get those perfect shots to sell high

makes me fell dirty taking that much money from people who only want that 7.99

• Ti
      7th of Aug, 2009

I understand your frustration with the photographer/manager. However, it sounds like you were unhappy from the beginning.

1. You wanted props, they had none.
    2. She was unable to make your child smile.
    3. You didn't even like the picutures.

I assume since you have a 5 year old that you are an ADULT. Then why would you stay in this situation for, as you claim, over an hour. WALK OUT THE DOOR. Thank the photographer for her time, inform her this isn't working for you and LEAVE. Take some responsibility already.

I don't understand why you would have such high expectations for a $7.99 portrait anyway. You get what you pay for.

• At
      27th of Nov, 2009

First of all, don't let them talk. Just walk out if your pissed. It saves them the wasted time of trying to deal with a pissy customer, and it saves you time trying to get out of being sold a bigger package than you afford.

As for the 'whiny voice'. Photographers are people. We're not magical gods that know every trick in the book to make YOUR little snot nosed child giggle like he's on happy gas. They are taught a few different methods of child's play, but most of the photographers only do a few things that work well enough for them with the majority of their clients. They were just doing the job they were told/taught to do. Believe it or not, photographing children is one of the worst jobs out there. And with the economy as bad as it is, there is no job security working at CPI/PCA/PCI the picture me Portrait Studios.

Either they do it or they're fired. Then it's 6 weeks to 7 months looking for a new job. So just let them do their job. If your on a time schedule, you don't like the pictures or your child is freaking out? Just walk out. Nobody is forcing you to stand there at gun point. :

However on the district manager bit, that's about expected. The managers don't actually work in the studios. they sit at home and watch cameras or figure out payrolls in their living room couches. The associates themselves are usually better with customers than the managers are. The managers aren't in the studios enough to understand what needs to be done, but that's my personal opinion.

• Di
      31st of Jul, 2012

Ron is suppose to be a District Manager and he is Horrific!!! Poor customer Service as a Manager!!! Never return any calls of complaints. If u want to get something accomplished, go over his head and talk with his boss!!! Ron is the worst Manager I can think of in my life!!!

• Fo
      23rd of Apr, 2013

portraits are about your child, not about props to begin with. Unfortunately the District manager told you right we were to create everything to inform you of what else we offered. District managers usually were not in the field and not behind the cameras usually it was studio managers or their associates.Usually the customer was told to wait 15 minutes so we could create those items and not have you be stressed and then show you what we offered after picking out your one pose for the package