Pick & Pay, Spar and others / budget speach and cigarette prices

1 South Africa Review updated:

I would just like to make a comment. The day after the budget speach, when the minister of finance announced the increase in sin taxes, retailers decided that it is a good idea to immediately raise the prices of their ciggarettes. The increase is only effected from 1 March 2010. In other words, retailers like P&P and Spar are acctually stealing from their customers, by raising their prices immediately (dont think that that extra taxes for those 10 days are going to the government!)

Now most people (non-someker) would say that that is my problem if i want to smoke. But then I ask a question...how are they doing you in?

Are these people just oblivious to the fact that the increases are only effective from the 1st of March?

Let me just state for the record that not all the P&P's and Spars' raised their prices.

People shouls speak up. Retailers are getting away with WAY to much!

• Lens Makeke's Response, Jun 11, 2018

Milk supplied on the invoice is sour

Na

Comments

• Lo
      12th of Feb, 2019
    Pick n Pay - Chips Pick n pay brand
    Hyper by the Sea
    Durban
    South Africa

I bought your brand of Lemon and herb Potato chips the other day as the flavor sounded awesome...only to be disappointed as there was no flavor and to top it off it has a burnt flavor...really not happy ...

• Ka
      25th of Feb, 2019
    Pick n Pay - PnP 1kg ham
    Empangeni PnP
    South Africa

I bought a PnP 1kg ham for R65 from my local PnP in Empangeni KZN. When I cut it this morning there was a funny smell & taste to it & it seem to be soft in the centre.
    When taking the photos now, the smell is dreadful.