Pick n Paypricing dispute

Dear Sir

I wish to report an incident that happened whilst shopping at your Empangeni Store on Saturday, 17 November 2018.

The notice pinned to the shelf stated that your no name brand sliced bacon, 200g had been reduced to R10.00 per packet. I took in total 13 packets and noticed that 3 had stickers stuck to them indicating that the price had indeed been reduced. I re-read the pinned notice to the shelf and was convinced that it indicated that all the 200g diced bacon items had been reduced.

At your till we were charged the full price for the bacon packets without the reduced sticker on them. I objected and showed the till operator an image of the notice pinned to the shelf. She called a supervisor who after seeing the notice decided that we will have to pay the full price for the items without the reduced sticker on them. My wife and I objected and those particular items were removed from our trolley and rectified on the till. I then went back to the shelf a took pictures of the shelf and notice in question. I told the till operator and supervisor than this is not the end of this transaction as the amount displayed on the shelf and the amount that we were charged differs completely.

We were not taken seriously at any time during this episode. The situation was basically laughed off. There after the supervisor came and removed the notice from the shelf.

I wish to attach my till slip to prove that I was at your shop and actually bought diced bacon as mentioned above. I also attach seven scans of the shelf, the notice and a bacon packet of the kind that I had wanted to buy. (Till slip in word therefore not accepted by your complaints system)

I am not happy with the way in which this matter was dealt with. The shop was quite busy and this incident caused an unnecessary scene. I decided not to pursue the matter further in the shop, but instead to take it up with senior management, hence referring the matter to you.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards