Pick N Pay - Canal Walk / emailed paul marsh pick n pay divisional manager groceries

South Africa

Emailed paul marsh pick n pay divisional manager groceries at 9.30am wednesday 20 march with regards to my rights being violated in canal walk (Racist motivation) my email to him is as follows: now awaiting quick response & feedback!
I'm having endless problems with pick n pay canal walk and I now come to you for assistance!

We have rights and to have rude uncouth managers violate our rights we must stand up together! Imagine marwaan, the store manager, said i'm no longer welcome in his store (Is it because i'm indian?)- all I did was stand up 4 my rights - he was so cold!

Gulwinaaz made harsh statements to me to which I had to defend myself! Need a reason as to why a pick n pay employee squashed the barcode in front of me - is that good business practice? The next day I was banned from the store by marwaan who wasn't even present during the incident! So guys if you want to be insulted and treated like crap then please visit the canal walk store! You too might be banned or not welcome for standing up for your rights! The saying goes if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen! Marwaan if your store can't handle the scamright policy remove it!

We to have our consumer rights so if pick n pay doesn't want our business, don't value us! Then why support canal walk! I was shocked when the pick n pay employee squashed the barcode not to honour promises and managers are rude & arrogant! Can't believe in a democratic country when a person defends himself when he's being defamed he gets banned! That's what happened to me in pick n pay canal walk! Remember human rights day 21 march!

I tried to resolve this issue with pick n pay but to no avail. Gulwinaaz made harsh statements to me to which I had to defend myself! Need a reason as to why a pick n pay employee squashed the barcode in front of me - is that good business practice? The next day I was banned from the store by marwaan who wasn't even present during the incident! Need a justified reason as I have the right to defend myself! Pick n pay needs to change their scanright policy to state after the purchase... And not at the time of purchase... Don't fool us the general public!

My last posting is as follows:
Sorry get facts straight! I wasn't screaming at your staff, I was being accused and obviously going to defend myself! Can gulwinaaz back her statements? I also was in a state of shock when I saw a pick n pay employee squash the barcode! I was banned for defending myself, marwaan wasn't even there, and consumer cape town got back to me to contact human rights!

Take legal action i'm prepared, I have my lawyers too! Read scanright policy: at the time of purchase..., doesn't read after the purchase! Squashing barcode, falsely accusing customer with empty statements that can't be backed up and banned for what? Its fine for gulwinaaz to defame and you think ill sit quietly! Don't think i'm mad!

Pick n pay had their wish, banned me so accept my replies! I have rights! Legal terms read scanright! Squashing barcodes? Banned by marwaan who wasn't there for defending myself!

I will not take this insult lightly and will fight 4 justice by creating public awareness and joining hands with the general public who experienced crap service at canal walk!

Canal walk is the most disorganised store ever! Pick n pay managers are rude especially gulwinaaz so guys don't shop there as they got no respect and treat u like crap! Imagine staff there squashes barcodes not to honour promises and managers make statements to the customers that they don't shop there, so we like some piece of dirt! What nerve? What attitude? Would u want to shop in canal walk where u treated like dirt? Scamright states at the time of purchase, not after the purchase! Please teach gulwinaaz the english language, god knows what managers canal walk got who doesn't understand the english language! Trust me its not higher grade! Being a manager simple things you must be able to understand and most importantly u must have ethics! I was humiliated again today wednesday 13 march 2013. At 2pm I came across usn box with a paper bacode r329 (Barcodes corresponded), when I went to the till it scanned r299! I immediately took the cashier at till 15 to the exact barcode as dilwinaaz previously said that the cashier must remove the barcode! Then another pick n pay employer rudely pulled out the barcode and squashed it in front of me the customer! Is that ethics? Imagine that's what canal walk employees does rude, no ethics. Dilwinaaz was called who offered no help! She as a manager made a statement that I never buy from pick n pay and I make use of scanright! Please also check camera footage for tuesday 12 march 2013 at 4pm where I purchased pyrex bowls and few other item for r488 (Card) and thereafter r80 cash! To make that statement is demeaning and I demand action! What kind of manager is that to make such harsh cold statements? Its pick n pay scamright policy! Marwaan must put his money where his mouth is and view camera footage wed 2.00-2.30pm and sort this issue out! Scanright states at the time of purchase, not after the purchase! Please explain this simple english to rude dilwinaaz! I need feedback asap today at 12:28am aashil maharaj scamright! Pic n pay! Why squash barcodes if nothing to hide! Pic n pay canal walk is up to no good! Gulwinazz, manager actually questions customer! Check my worth! No ethics, camera footage marwaan promised? Where is it? Talk is cheap, that's pic n pay canal walk - more mouth less action! What scamright policy is this? Up to no good! Please remove scamright policy! What a joke!

Make false allegations against me to sweep pick n pay's lack of integrity under the carpet is not going to resolve this problem! If you make statements that I was abusive on various occasions which is not founded, bring proof to the table! Why was I banned the following day?, why wasn't I warned previously on the so called various occasions that I was abusive? Remember pick n pay is defaming me and that's ok but when I share my horrific experience then its not ok? Where's the logic?

I have posted many complaints on hello peter, getclosure, complaintsboard and complaintsforum! Google pick n pay canal walk and view! My latest will feature on whale cottage on friday!

I feel this is a racist attack and to resolve this issue I want:
A written apology
Vouchers welcoming me back to the store as I was banned unjustly
Compensation for defamation and damages suffered!
And change scanright policy to state after the purchase... And not at the time of purchase!

Thanking you