Physicians Health Alliance Scranton PA / NASTY OFFICE WORKERS

1 748 Quincy AvenueScranton, PA, United States Review updated:

I called the doctors office today! It was not the first time I had to call them to schedule an appointment. This is not the first time I was treated this way... The office worker that picked up the phone was nasty to me, treated me like an idiot, called me "honey"- not in a "honey" kind of way. This was the same office worker that I usually talk to. This happened about 4 times now...everytime I talk to this person. She probably talks like that to most people, not only when she is working (my feeling) but she should not be doing this type of work, that requires a person to speak to people with good manners, because we are patients, not kids at daycare ("honey" is probably most appropriate for a 3 year old child at daycare institution, not a 25 year old woman calling her GYN office).
I just wanted to add that I was born in Europe, English is not my first language, I have spoken it for only 8 years, I have an accent and I don't always have the best skills to put a question together if I have one- so the way I speak may have some people assume I am dumb, but should not give them the right to talk down to me.
I am going there on Monday to speak to the office manager.

Jo

Comments

• Br
      20th of Jan, 2010

I have been in twice now and each time I've called, the office staff was very rude, abrupt and less then helpful. This is my first pregnancy and I guess I feel like the staff is not sympathetic to my questions, etc. My first prenatal visit/exam took 2 hours!! My appt was scheduled for 10:40 AM- When it was 11:45 I went up to the desk and asked what was up, the girl told me "Oh, I didn't realize what time it was, the doctors are double booked, it'll be a minute" I didn't see the doctor until 12:20pm! The Nurse was quite nice during my initial visit, but each employee I have spoken too or seen therafter is entirely rude. I was sent a letter in the mail to call them and change an appt. date and time because my OB decided to take a 2 week vacation last minute (that's what the secretary told me when I called to switch the appt) I think they are very unprofessional. I am seriously considering switching to a different office.

• Ob
      24th of May, 2010

I've been going to this office (just w/ 1 doctor) for 12 years & I absolutely love the doctor. I have had no trouble like some others here...I'm not saying it didn't happen - but wanted to make a positive note that in 12 years, I have had 0 issues.

• Hm
      20th of Jul, 2010

This is my first pregnancy and am not sure the order in which things take place. I am naturally a worrier and has seemed to be justifiable. I wanted to check with the office staff when my next appointment was and make sure that my Anatomy Scan was also scheduled for that date. She said yes yes and I just felt like she was trying to rush me out of there. I felt as if I should call again just to make sure. Sure enough, the office worker was not paying the least bit of attention to me and my anatomy scan (which I had already taken time off of work as well as my boyfriend) was not scheduled after all. I asked to speak with the scheduler and she told me that my doctor had to schedule it. I asked to speak with her and the office worker very rudely put me though to some woman who was not my doctor and it was just a voice mail. I finally got it scheduled after some isisting on speaking to someone immediatly. I have decided that if I am to have another child I will certainaly not use this office again.

• Kn
      15th of Oct, 2012

I have just called in to schedule my first appointment (for my first pregnancy) and found the girl I spoke with rather rude and not very helpful. Now, with the comments above I'm wondering if I should just find another office now and not bother with this office staff.